PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

living4JC
September 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Anyone familiar with the brand 'CZ'? I'm thinking it's Czech, but I saw a .38 semi that was pretty nice, and decently priced, but don't know anything about the brand. Anyone?

Byrd
September 12th, 2007, 07:19 PM
The CZ brand of handgun is a very high quality weapon made in Checaslvokia. (sp?) For many years they were not available in this country, but with the fall of the iron curtain they are plentiful. Their US office is in Kansas City, KS. I own two CZ 52's which were the Chec sidearm for 2-3 years in the 1950's and love them.

Several guys at the range I shoot at own CZ's and they have proved to be accurate and reliable.

The .38 that you saw is a .38 Super, which is an excellent cartridge. It was popular in the depression as it had the power to penetrate the real steel autos the gangsters drove. Today it is a popular competition round, as well as a viable self defense cartridge.

The only downside to the caliber is that it is not "Wal-Mart" available. Yoy may have to order ammo for it, or better yet, reload! I reload for mine and am very happy with it's performance.

If it is a good deal, I would jump on it.

Tommy1964
September 12th, 2007, 08:00 PM
If you are a convicted felon, it is a violation of Federal Law to poccess any firearm, even simply to pick up a firearm to look at it.

Whether it makes sense or not is another question; I would limit it to people who commit violent crimes.

I'm not entirely sure about this. My brother in law committed and was convicted of two non-violent felonies in Ohio. After serving his time his firearms were returned to him as was his hunting license and all of his registration papers which he was required to provide before going to prison. Two weeks later he purchased a new firearm passing his background check which clearly listed his convictions. If it is true that felons cannot posses firearms Ohio is definitely dropping the ball. Now I do know that he can never qualify for a CCW permit.

Paratus
September 13th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Usually a stainless Kimber Ultra Carry, waist holster (3x8 rnd mags). Sometimes a Glock 19 in a waist holster (2x15 rnd. mags). For *very* unobtrusive carry, a Kel Tec P32 in a pocket (last resort - 2xmags).

Always at least a .357 in the car for daily driving (legal in my area regardless of CCW status). Add a Mossberg 500 12 ga. for road trips (unloaded to comply with transport rules).

Lots and lots of practice to go along with all of the above. Look into IPSC or USPSA in your area for developing practical skills and keeping them honed.

I also always pack along a full magazine of trust in the Lord! I'm never looking for a fight, but feel a burden to pack most of the time, that's just how it is.

Paratus

4given
September 13th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I've thought about it here in Montana, the problem is having a CCW changes many violations that would be misdemeanors into felonies, so I've held off so far. Not that I do those violations, I just hate the idea of accidentally carrying the weapon in a no-go zone landing me in prison instead of simply getting a ticket. That and I'm not sure if a state felony removes your right to bear arms or not, but I'm pretty sure it does or will soon.

A felony conviction would remove your carry rights. The only difference could be in felony traffic offense.

Now for the first time in History thanks to BILL CLINTON you can lose your rights to carry for a misdemeanor. If it is considered "domestic violence".
Brady Gun bill. All that is required is a misdemeanor citation issued. If the police show up at your house and you are arguing with wife, ex wife aunt Martha or whoever. They are obligate by law to arrest both parties. There is your misdemeanor conviction right there, surrender your firearms.

This law had good intentions as wife beaters should not have weapons. But it needs to go back to the felony statute to allow the courts to decide who can and cannot carry and not the law enforcement officers.

Pendragon
September 17th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Well, I’m not a cop, I’m not military, not FBI, CIA, a Ranger in parks and recreations or a foreign diplomat, and I’m not an illegal alien, drug smuggler or gang member, just a law abiding, never in trouble, citizen/resident of California. So no, and pretty much near impossible to get a CCW. And if I did, and someone tried to murder me with a gun or even WMD for that matter, and I did have a CCW and fired back and hit him/her/them/it, I’d probably wind up in prison, ugh.

I get to carry my knife though…… for now.

If I could carry, I'd carry a loaded, 12gage, double barrel, semi-auto, tactical grip, black/blue finish, flashlight/laser spot, shotgun, everywhere I went heh. But for sake of concealment, Jericho 941 IDF issue type (i.e. Baby Eagle .40). Saving up for that one actually since my old pistol is getting warn (no hope for a CCW however). But currently have a Jennings 9mm at home or work (legal), 12g, .22 long and some other arms. I prefer semi-auto 12g's.

...cold dead hands. If no one killed anyone in this world and I didn't need a defense weapon (just not how it is, sadly), I'd be happy with just a bow and a buck knife, but this is the real world. I hear they will require us to register ammo soon... bad to worse... or worse to... what could be worse? ...oh yeah.

Nahhh I want an AA12 Fully automatic shot gun with a 20 shot spindle

Pendragon
September 17th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Let's see here in Florida I have been able to add to my collection a FNFAL, Ak74 uses 5.56 longer straighter shots just not as big,m16a, a 50 Cal Barratt sniper 6 shot gas recoil, Rugar 9, Darakivov laser sited nightscoped, 44 mag semi, 38 snub, a few 30ot6, and man a bunch of little 25's and 22's for plunking around

WarriorX
September 18th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Beh! Here in Missouri we have Open Carry..... Me likes ;)

Josh
September 18th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Beh! Here in Missouri we have Open Carry..... Me likes ;)
We have it here in WA, too. Granted, you will have liberal pansies calling the cops about a man with a gun, and you will be approached by police and possibly harassed by them as well. But hey, it's not illegal, so it's there for those brave enough to try it. :)

living4JC
September 18th, 2007, 09:01 AM
How about the Bersa .380? I really liked the size and price....especially for conceal. I was also looking at a S&W 9MM (used) that was about $275 that seemed pretty nice, however some of the bulletin boards had some rough things to say about S&W, especially their PT40 (I know, it's not the 9MM). Also, anyone have any experince with the Taurus 'The Judge' .45/.410? It's relatively new, and I really like the idea of being able to shoot both .45 and .410 for home defense, especially with one of my daughters bedrooms right next door to mine. Thanks for all the input ya'll!! Also, good news....my wife finally gave me the 'ok' to sign up for my conceal class!!!