PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

IBRedeemed
December 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I carry an XD40 subcompact. Have an inside-the-pants Done Hume holster right now for it but am going to order the Crossbreed Supertuck holster after Christmas as well as the new Crimson Trace Laser Grip to make the polymer grips more comfy and provide some "shock factor" for any future possible assailant. People tend to back down when they see a little red dot bouncing around on their chest. Great Gun, Very Reliable and comfortable to shoot.
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/sitebuilder/images/SuperTuck_untucked2-127x182.jpghttp://www.crossbreedholsters.com/sitebuilder/images/SuperTuck_tucked1-127x182.jpghttp://www.crossbreedholsters.com/sitebuilder/images/PICT0035-138x104.jpg
For my wife, I'm planning to pick up a new Bersa Thunder .380 and toss on some rubber grips from www.condorsflight.com. This gun is cheap, well made, light weight and reliable. Should have plenty of knockdown power with CorBon 90gr hollow points and still be very comfortable for my wife to shoot.

God warned us...Perilous Times Shall Come...and they're here and getting worse on a daily basis. I plan to heed the warning and eo everything I can to ensure my family's safety. I also know that Safety is of the Lord, and plan to continue spending time in His word and in prayer:)

Anddra
December 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM
:fear

:hug Let's hope they don't kill the good guys by mistake.

XD Joe
December 15th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Nice rig, IBR! I have a similar setup for my XD's!

Byrd
December 16th, 2007, 08:27 PM
As the originator of this thread, I am amazed at the direction it has taken. It is a sad commentary on our society that the two safest places where we can be are school and church, have been targeted by the crazies.

God help our society, as with the direction the country is headed, the end is in sight. A good friend who is a local police officer, told me to get my permit, and carry 24/7, because the Police force cannot protect us, they are only there as respondents. Ultimatly it is our own responsibility for our safety.

By the way, I carry an XD .45 compact with Heinie Straight Eight sights I put on last week, in a Bladetech IWB holster. Under a T-shirt, it is un noticable.

Thanks for keeping the thread going!

XD Joe
December 17th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Quote:
"Let's hope they don't kill the good guys by mistake."

If we let the Holy Spirit guide us, like Jean Asam did, that wont happen. She was in a weakened state after fasting all weekend, and the Lord helped her stop a terrible tragedy.

Byrd,
Love your dachshund (spl?)! I have one that is a black, longhair type.

Joe

NewWorldOrder
December 17th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I've been carrying my little S&W M&P 9c around with me. I'm finally getting used to it, but I find myself looking around me to see who around me may also be packing. :twitch I never did that before, now I do. I'm also more mindful of my surroundings, and I actually consider my words or attitude more carefully during certain situations. I was before I got my CHL, but now that I have this license I'm even more aware.

I noticed a man in my church packs. I have seen him a million times, and never noticed until I got my CHL. What's funny, is sometimes his weapon isn't concealed very well, and you can see it when he moves a certain way. So, either nobody notices and is completely oblivious or they have noticed and aren't concerned about it. He's a deacon in my church. I've thought about talking to him, but I don't want to make him nervous.

XD Joe
December 17th, 2007, 12:08 PM
NWO,
You really should talk to him privately about that; no sense in frightening the others. Concealled carry is supposed to be concealled.

name1
December 17th, 2007, 08:06 PM
NWO,
You really should talk to him privately about that; no sense in frightening the others. Concealled carry is supposed to be concealled.

Equally important, albeit in light of some recent events, ...isn't illegal in most states to carry in a Church? :idunno

gurion
December 17th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hi, guys. I'm a saved, evangelical, fundamentalist, making my first post at rr-bb.com, but I've been a fan of the site for awhile.

They're pretty strict about any kind of self defense equipment here, in southern California.

After some lucky breaks with non firearm related items that would normally be illegal to carry here, I'd like you guys to look into laws about "transporting" things. After several attempted assaults, I began to carry a knife shaped like a bat wing on my belt. Under some definitions, this was an illegal thing to do, because:
1. The knife was more than 5 inches long.
2. It had more than one point.
3. It went over the knuckles.
4. Open carry can be called brandishing.

I understand informally that most weapons are illegal to "carry" but not to own. At any given time, you might be "transporting" something from one place to another, if not by car, then on foot.

Also worked with axe handles, machetes, nanchaku, (illegal) dirks, and baseball bats. (Sorry, not trying to sound like a tough guy around Christian gun owners.)

It seems to me that a clip might be conveniently stored on your person, but I haven't verified the legality of this.

I'll be interested to hear your input and will let you know if anything turns up in my research.

Thanks.

Byrd
December 17th, 2007, 08:15 PM
XD Joe, that's Ginger, she is my buddy - follows me everywhere!

In Kansas, concealed, means concealed...so you should probably talk to your friend about it discreetly. As in "Hey I carry, and noticed you do too, what kind of holster are you using?" or something non offensive like that. I would especially talk to him if you have seen him expose his weapon in church, I could see where that would be very offensive to non gun people.

I have had carry permits in Iowa & South Dakota, and when Kansas finally decided to let us carry it was kind of wierd at first, but now that I am accustomed to it I feel naked without being armed. It goes in an IWB holster in the morning, then into a safe in the truck while I am at work (I work for a school district, big no-no). After work it goes back into the holster & stays there until bedtime where it is placed on the head of the bed with a flashlight.

I go to a local indoor range once a week and practice so that I am familiar with my weapon, so I shoot thousands of rounds a year. My goal is to go to a shooting school, and perhaps compete in IDPA. I shot in the early days of IPSC, but it became too much of a gear game, so I dropped out.

Sad to say, in our society that we feel that we must be armed to be secure. I think it is a sad commentary on our country & politicians that they can tell me where I can defend myself, or how I can defend myself, and in some places, that I do not have that right to defend myself.

In my opinion, an armed society is a polite society.