PDA

View Full Version : Watcha makin for 4th of July?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

jadeeyes
June 29th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I am positivly the sloppiest cook I've ever seen. Doesn't matter whether it's flour, oil, eggs, any kind of liquid, I end up with it on my clothes, on the counters and on the floor. It's truly disgusting. That reminds me of another why is it. Gotta get over there and post it before it tumbles out of my ear.

Amber Lynne
June 29th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I will be housesitting, so I guess whatever I jolly well please! :yay

I might run down the street to a local BBQ joint and get a sammach or a BBQ tater. :drool

His Bride
June 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I am positivly the sloppiest cook I've ever seen. Doesn't matter whether it's flour, oil, eggs, any kind of liquid, I end up with it on my clothes, on the counters and on the floor. It's truly disgusting. That reminds me of another why is it. Gotta get over there and post it before it tumbles out of my ear.

Yes, I think one of your children should treat you to a pretty apron!:sad

I couldn't cook without one!

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Looks like I will be traveling to Candlelight's house first for awesome macaroni salad, then to Cherished where we can celebrate her birthday instead of the 4th of July, then on to Sand Dollar's house to finish the pig-out and fireworks!

You crack me up His Bride, but you would be MORE then welcome.:hug

His Bride
June 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM
You crack me up His Bride, but you would be MORE then welcome.:hug

I'll bring brats!

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Making this also and it is YUMMY! I make it a day or two in advance.

Crunchy Freeze

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
In a large bowl, stir together butter, cereal, brown sugar, coconut and pecans. Spread on a baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
In a 9x13 inch dish, place two-thirds of the cereal mixture. Spread softened ice cream over cereal. Top with remaining cereal. Cover tightly and freeze 8 hours or overnight.

heart_changed99
June 29th, 2009, 06:53 PM
This cake --->http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/wave-your-flag-cake-50205.aspx with R.I.P. written on it.
:tsk

I made it a couple of years ago and it was yummy.

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I'll bring brats!

Sounds good to me, LOL!!!

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
This cake --->http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/wave-your-flag-cake-50205.aspx with R.I.P. written on it.
:tsk

I made it a couple of years ago and it was yummy.

What a beautiful cake. I will have to try that. Thank you!

heart_changed99
June 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM
What a beautiful cake. I will have to try that. Thank you!

Welcome! Its delicious, too!