PDA

View Full Version : Watcha makin for 4th of July?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Theresa
June 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I'd love to come up with something yummy, but since I'll be alone, why bother? It'll be something easy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th - it may be the last one even partly worth celebrating, unfortunately.

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I'd love to come up with something yummy, but since I'll be alone, why bother? It'll be something easy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th - it may be the last one even partly worth celebrating, unfortunately.

That thought crossed my mind also, but as Paul did, we will press on for the prize and despite our evil administration we will still celebrate the freedom's our founding Father's, Grandfather's, Father's and those with kids in the Military fought and are fighting for. Make something YUMMY for yourself anyway and it will be good quiet time with the Lord. Blessings my Friend:hug

jc513
June 29th, 2009, 07:22 PM
We are having friends over to swim and watch fireworks from the pool. The high school next to us is having a firework show from the football field which is great for viewing from our backyard.

On the menu:

Queso loco burgers (recipe can be found under burgers in this forum)
Gigantic shrimp (6-8 count) cooked on the grill
chipotle potato salad
broccoli zucchini and squash salad
homemade salsa with chips

So much for the diet.....:lol2

jadeeyes
June 29th, 2009, 07:22 PM
So, my sis-in-law called. She wants everyone to come to her house. She's planning on ordering chicken and is asking my daughter to bring mostaccioli. So, I'm thinking I should make something on the cooler and lighter side. I'm not sure just what I'll make yet. I'll have to give it some thought.

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM
We are having friends over to swim and watch fireworks from the pool. The high school next to us is having a firework show from the football field which is great for viewing from our backyard.

On the menu:

Queso loco burgers (recipe can be found under burgers in this forum)
Gigantic shrimp (6-8 count) cooked on the grill
chipotle potato salad
broccoli zucchini and squash salad
homemade salsa with chips

So much for the diet.....:lol2

WOW that sounds wonderful and throw caution to the wind, LOL!

candlelight
June 29th, 2009, 07:28 PM
So, my sis-in-law called. She wants everyone to come to her house. She's planning on ordering chicken and is asking my daughter to bring mostaccioli. So, I'm thinking I should make something on the cooler and lighter side. I'm not sure just what I'll make yet. I'll have to give it some thought.

Sounds good, but definitely something light. How about a spinach or Ceasar Salad?

Theresa
June 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM

Sounds good, but definitely something light. How about a spinach or Ceasar Salad?

I was thinking the same thing - a wonderfully crisp and colorful tossed salad!

jadeeyes
June 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Candlelight and Theresa, I'll probably go with a good spinach or mixed greens salad. I'm also thinking about bringing some fruit. I like to bring something that's at least halfway healthy.

candlelight
June 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Candlelight and Theresa, I'll probably go with a good spinach or mixed greens salad. I'm also thinking about bringing some fruit. I like to bring something that's at least halfway healthy.

Sounds good! You go girl!

BusyMommy
June 30th, 2009, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE.........(flag cake from Kraft site...sorry I had to delete URL from quote otherwise I could not post with the quote as I am a newbie here :wave) with R.I.P. written on it.
:tsk

I made it a couple of years ago and it was yummy.[/QUOTE]

:hehee Love the R.I.P. My husband and FIL would roar!