Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesus holds all things together!

ITrust2009 Guest

Yay! Jesus holds all things together!

OK you Bible experts, I need assistance.

Somewhere in the Bible, Jesus claims that he is the glue that holds everything together. At least that's what I remember reading a while back.

Anyone know where I can find this?

Thanks.

You might be referring to this verse (which was the basis for Louie Giglio's video on the subject of Laminin):

Colossians 1:17 "And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist."

Is it this one?

“For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” (Colossians 1:16-17)

WalkTheLine Guest

The NASB for Col 1:17
    Col 1:17 NASB - He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

pas synistēmi

pas 1) individually

a) each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything

2) collectively

a) some of all types

synistēmi
    1) to place together, to set in the same place,to bring or band together

a) to stand with (or near)

2) to set one with another

a) by way of presenting or introducing him

b) to comprehend

3) to put together by way of composition or combination, to teach by combining and comparing

a) to show, prove, establish, exhibit

4) to put together, unite parts into one whole

a) to be composed of, consist

too late for me I guess

seems like Jesus is holding all the atoms and this planet together, i don't think evolutionists will be too happy about this

Ephesians 3:9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ

Collosians 1:15 Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Collosians 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Revelation 4:11 You are worthy, O Lord,
    To receive glory and honor and power;
    For You created all things,
    And by Your will they exist and were created.

John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Listen to The Nuclear Power of Jesus Christ

http://buzzardhut.net/index/htm/science.htm
    Last edited by Buzzardhut; August 23rd, 2009 at 02:50 PM.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

ITrust2009 Guest

I've been watching a few shows on the creation of the universe (big bang theory), stars as far away as 13 billion light years, new discoveries almost every week by astronomers, etc. Now they are talking about "dark matter", which seems to be everywhere in our universe, but can't be seen. The "experts" are saying that somehow, this dark matter is responsible for holding everything together.

And then there's Jesus.

This was why I started the post. Astronomers should look toward God a little more, I think, to find some answers.

I watched that one earlier in the week. I was thinking the same thing. They haven't factored in Jesus.

Brinkley Guest

Buzzardhut.....rapture czar??

Quote Originally Posted by WalkTheLine View Post
    The NASB for Col 1:17
    Col 1:17 NASB - He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

pas synistēmi

pas 1) individually

a) each, every, any, all, the whole, everyone, all things, everything

2) collectively

a) some of all types

synistēmi
    1) to place together, to set in the same place,to bring or band together

a) to stand with (or near)

2) to set one with another

a) by way of presenting or introducing him

b) to comprehend

3) to put together by way of composition or combination, to teach by combining and comparing

a) to show, prove, establish, exhibit

4) to put together, unite parts into one whole

a) to be composed of, consist
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/3/...997/Sci-02.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    seems like Jesus is holding all the atoms and this planet together, i don't think evolutionsts will be too happy about this

Ephesians 3:9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ

Collosians 1:15 Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Hebrews 1:3a who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power,

Collosians 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Mark 10:6 from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female.
    Last edited by Buzzardhut; August 26th, 2009 at 09:25 AM.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by ITrust2009 View Post
    Now they are talking about "dark matter", which seems to be everywhere in our universe, but can't be seen. The "experts" are saying that somehow, this dark matter is responsible for holding everything together.
    Hmmm.

If you say, "My, that is convenient that it is invisible", you will get labeled "anti-science", they'll get all offended because they have good intentions n stuff.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    Hmmm.

If you say, "My, that is convenient that it is invisible", you will get labeled "anti-science", they'll get all offended because they have good intentions n stuff.
    sounds like science applying FAITH again

It is too much to ask for the human mind not to "fill in the gaps" with guesswork I suppose. Their tantrums over Christ's claims belay some of their intentions.

Real scientists present data, and then shut up. Let the theologians and philosophers sort it out. Too bad Dawkins buddy, that leaves you and your ilk out. Here's a huggy wuggy for ya.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

fixed

ATYCLB Guest

Mark 10:6 from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female.
    Word.

Paradigm Guest

It's true that Jesus is the one who holds everything together, but that doesn't mean that he sits there holding every atom together so it doesn't explode (brings images of Atlas holding the world )

As far as science, the atom is poorly understood, and what little is known now is purely mathematical theories that "seem" to fit the empirical evidence.

As for dark matter, I don't believe it exists at all. It's just scientists trying to fill a variable so that their current theories make sense. I would definitely say it's Faith in their theories that are causing it. (The same emotional investment that they accuse us of having with our beliefs)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    It's true that Jesus is the one who holds everything together, but that doesn't mean that he sits there holding every atom together so it doesn't explode (brings images of Atlas holding the world
    but nevertheless, Jesus is holding everything together by His will and can separate them as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    As for dark matter, I don't believe it exists at all. It's just scientists trying to fill a variable so that their current theories make sense. I would definitely say it's Faith in their theories that are causing it. (The same emotional investment that they accuse us of having with our beliefs)
    faith and beliefs are the seedbed of religion, a lot of science has fallen into it

This passage also comes to mind.

Hebrews 1

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Quote Originally Posted by OnceWasLost View Post
    This passage also comes to mind.
    Hebrews 1:2b through whom also He made the worlds;
    Hebrews 1:3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power,

antsinmypants Guest

Reminds me of something nifty that holds things together - - called Laminin.

Acts 17:28a
    For in Him we live, and move, and have our being.