Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: A Big Lie - Phoenix Preacher Blog - Warren/Laurie/Smith

  1. #21
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harvest View Post
    I'll still listen to Chuck and Laurie until the day I hear them go emergent. Like OWL said, the mistake was made inviting them to he Crusade, but doesn't mean they're becoming purpose driven churches.
    And that's a good point, harvest. We don't throw away those who preach good doctrine. However, we do raise questions when they give the appearance of agreeing with the likes of Rick Warren.

    Years ago, when the PDL first came out my question was, and continues to be, what would a new believer or one who was searching, believe to be truth?
    We must be careful that we give the solid gospel message, and keep a distance from those who don't, ever wanting them to come to repentance and the light of God's Word. We may even share with them in loving response. But to show up on a stage with one whom we have deep disagreement over doctrine causes nothing but confusion.

    My concern that Chuck Smith's appearance with Rick Warren now sends the message that Chuck approves of RW. And so now, where does that leave baby sheep?

  2. #22
    haolam Guest

    Default sad, bad, and being had!

    Quote Originally Posted by Musclecar1975 View Post
    the thing that got to me the most I think was a comment I read from one of the posters who said that LHT was dividing the church over non-essential issues? Non-essential issues?! Since when did Rick Warren's teachings qualify as non-essentials?
    Anyone who is a signatory to the "Common Word" proposal with islam has signed on to another gospel than that of Jesus Christ.

    This is not dividing over a non-essential issue. This is eternal life and eternal death.

    So we are ODMs? There's an official acronym? If this wasn't so serious it would be plain hilarious.

    Ok, so anyone who blogs with profanity in DSC style (Devoid of Scriptural Content) and who has not done even a basic level of scriptural homework on the focus person or teaching has no biblical credibility. The EGADS (e-Global-Anti-Discernment-Societies) operate on a reactive basis: "We don't like what you say so you are bad. Because we say you are bad you are doing bad things. Because we say you are bad and doing bad things it must be so."

    If you haven't studied the "Common Word" take a look:

    One more reason to avoid anything to do with Rick Warren: He signed the "Common Word" document that was sent out by Islamic leaders in 2007.

    Unlike the compromising Warren, some churches like the Maranatha communities sent back authoritative biblical challenges to the false peace offered in this disingenuous offer letter from islamic leaders.

    http://www.acommonword.com/lib/downl...-community.pdf

    Look into islam and what it represents spiritually. For me, that's enough right there. Here's the web page showing Warren is a signatory:

    http://www.acommonword.com/index.php...media&item=566

    I wonder if Greg Laurie and Chuck Smith have seen that.

    A wolf operates in sheep's clothing. We were told this by Jesus Himself for a good reason.

  3. #23
    haolam Guest

    Default sola scriptura, sola fide, sola gratia, sola Christus!

    Feeling assaulted as an "ODM"?

    Cheer up:

    "Matthew 4:4 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' Let us then consider it certain and firmly established that the soul can do without anything except the Word of God and that where the Word of God is missing there is no help at all for the soul." - Martin Luther, Freedom of a Christian, Wittenburg, September 6, 1520.

    “Unless I can be instructed and convinced with evidence from the Holy Scriptures or with open, clear, and distinct ground of reasoning, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant, because it is neither safe nor wise to act against conscience. I can do no other. Here I stand. God help me. Amen” Martin Luther, at the Diet of Worms, April 17-18, 1521

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping
    Posts
    16,593

    Default

    yes haolam, ODM is what some have been called


    Ken Silva and Chris Roseborough and Phil Johnson and Mike Ratliff and even myself have been called that slur by emergent and seeker-driven bloggers





    a blogger/member of Rob Bell's church invented the ODM slur and gave it to anti-discernment bloggers


    as a way of online emergents bloggers and other apostates online




    to chastize anyone online and even offline



    who takes on false teachers


    if you are critical of Rob Bell or Doug Pagitt or other emergents, you get branded by ant-discernment bloggers as being a ODM

    same thing if you are critical of Rick warren or Mark Driscoll


    or Bill Hybels or the seeker-friendly churches out there
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

  5. #25
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Those are some of the greatest Christian men around! They see it, they tell it, they take a lot of heat for it!!!!!!!They need our support and our prayers, including you, billiefan!

  6. #26
    m2pinggggggg Guest

    Default

    Just as any cult florishes, (case in point; mormons) near christianity florishes. I use a small c for Christ as I use a little g for God, when man enter's and put's his spin on anything that Christ taught and shared with His Disciples.
    Near christianity wants latitude. Somethingmonk and phoenixdeciever(definitely not a Teacher/Preacher in the strict since of promoting the full gospel) teaches a partial gospel. You're ok I'm ok isn't ok when it substitutes the gospel Christ gave us and interjects the gospels of any man or woman that adds their twist on the word of God. We obviously see j. smith, e. white, j. rutherford, b. young, and to segweg to the post-modern expellers of lite, added, or out-right wrong messages being sent to this current generation. Their statement about not knowing Church history, ( what? The catholic years of deception, perversion, murder, lying, homosexual activity, molesting) what would we gleen from those years. Martin was right when he ran away from that "Religion from Hell", but did he go far enough. So now we have men following after other men for 35 plus years...because they want to act like the catholic church? The catholic church doesn't even recognize any church unless it's the catholic church. You notice I don't use capital letter's when I direct your attention to and past the decievers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
    If you know God's Word you will know blogger's come and go. They support their heroes, until they fall. If their not growing in Christ...who are they growing into? I'm not going to teach my grands kids to be like r. warren, richard foster, or a dallas willard. Why would I? Seven disciplines, renovare'? Who need's them to get to salvation or Glory when Christ raptures the Church? Please look past everything I write! Don't believe me! Read your own, or three Bible's. See if a NIV, or a Century Bible makes sense against the King James Bibles. I'm not advocating King James only from 1600 something. Last but not least...Isn't it sooo refreshing to have the knowledge at our finger-tips to stomp out the non-sense that satan births through the deceived church everyday. Warren...we don't need your idea's in our head! We just need the Groom sharing with us His truth through the Bible, and men that still want's to just teach that idea...until we are taken!
    Last edited by m2pinggggggg; September 9th, 2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: word error

  7. #27
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    One day Rick Warren and others will be history. Barring the Lord's return they will be replaced by other apostates. That's just what happens and has happened down through history. I take comfort in the fact that the Lord never changes, and His Word never changes. So, what these bloggers state won't matter either. They will all be history.
    And for me, the Word of the Lord, which stands forever, will be my guide.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    411

    Default

    If all this is not a sign that the return of Christ is near then we are in real big trouble! The church and the govt both are falling into the deepest pit ever and only the intervention of the Lord can stop it.

    Maranatha!

  9. #29
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rapture-me View Post
    If all this is not a sign that the return of Christ is near then we are in real big trouble! The church and the govt both are falling into the deepest pit ever and only the intervention of the Lord can stop it.

    Maranatha!
    And that's why we are trying to speak up and alert believers!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post
    And that's a good point, harvest. We don't throw away those who preach good doctrine. However, we do raise questions when they give the appearance of agreeing with the likes of Rick Warren.

    Years ago, when the PDL first came out my question was, and continues to be, what would a new believer or one who was searching, believe to be truth?
    We must be careful that we give the solid gospel message, and keep a distance from those who don't, ever wanting them to come to repentance and the light of God's Word. We may even share with them in loving response. But to show up on a stage with one whom we have deep disagreement over doctrine causes nothing but confusion.

    My concern that Chuck Smith's appearance with Rick Warren now sends the message that Chuck approves of RW. And so now, where does that leave baby sheep?
    Yeah that's the same question I've asked as well. I sent an email to a friend that attends Harvest, and asked him if Greg Laurie or others have commented on the RW controversy. He said he'll let me know.
    Greg just came back from vacation last week.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

  11. #31
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harvest View Post
    Yeah that's the same question I've asked as well. I sent an email to a friend that attends Harvest, and asked him if Greg Laurie or others have commented on the RW controversy. He said he'll let me know.
    Greg just came back from vacation last week.
    I'm glad you asked the question. Now, we'll pray for the best answer.

  12. #32
    Musclecar1975 Guest

    Default

    His Bride, I just gotta say....I really appreciate your heart for apologetics. I really enjoy reading your posts.

  13. #33
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musclecar1975 View Post
    His Bride, I just gotta say....I really appreciate your heart for apologetics. I really enjoy reading your posts.
    Amazing how God can use His children!Thank you, Musclecar. I enjoy yours as well. When I read these forums I can praise God for being faithful to help us mature in our faith.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    38

    Smile A Common Word

    Great evaluation on "A Common Word." I have a response to it and multiple resources on my "America At War" site, near the top. The web master of the "A Common Word" web site started multi-pinging my server logs to their site a few years ago, so I was compelled to respond to them.

    Haven't heard much from them since.

    Quote Originally Posted by haolam View Post
    Anyone who is a signatory to the "Common Word" proposal with islam has signed on to another gospel than that of Jesus Christ.

    This is not dividing over a non-essential issue. This is eternal life and eternal death.

    So we are ODMs? There's an official acronym? If this wasn't so serious it would be plain hilarious.

    Ok, so anyone who blogs with profanity in DSC style (Devoid of Scriptural Content) and who has not done even a basic level of scriptural homework on the focus person or teaching has no biblical credibility. The EGADS (e-Global-Anti-Discernment-Societies) operate on a reactive basis: "We don't like what you say so you are bad. Because we say you are bad you are doing bad things. Because we say you are bad and doing bad things it must be so."

    If you haven't studied the "Common Word" take a look:

    One more reason to avoid anything to do with Rick Warren: He signed the "Common Word" document that was sent out by Islamic leaders in 2007.

    Unlike the compromising Warren, some churches like the Maranatha communities sent back authoritative biblical challenges to the false peace offered in this disingenuous offer letter from islamic leaders.

    http://www.acommonword.com/lib/downl...-community.pdf

    Look into islam and what it represents spiritually. For me, that's enough right there. Here's the web page showing Warren is a signatory:

    http://www.acommonword.com/index.php...media&item=566

    I wonder if Greg Laurie and Chuck Smith have seen that.

    A wolf operates in sheep's clothing. We were told this by Jesus Himself for a good reason.
    Mike ~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •