Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Kotel Cam thread *merged*

Default Live Kotel Cam thread *merged*

I have never heard someone speaking at the Kotel before. I know there is a loud speaker or microphone because you can hear singing and talking in the background. Today there is someone making a speech and there is a lot of people there. Time is 4:45 central time. 12:45 AM in Jerusalem. It must be in Hebrew because I do not understand it.

Silver Guest

wow.. Barely standing room left..

http://english.thekotel.org/cameras.asp

So what's going on??!?

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
    and a light unto my path."

Psalm 119:105

Cool, now if only I could understand hebrew

Maybe its a prayer rally...perhaps a precursor for an Isreali attack...who's to say? Is there a special Jewish holiday going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa in OK View Post
    if an electrician changes careers, is he delighted?

When using the Wilson Arch camera, Which way is to the Wailing Wall plaza?

Yeah does anyone know what is going on there? Are they blowing any shofars?

No shofars at this time. The last hour or so, it has been a guy over the loud speaker leading the crowd in song & chants.

It's a ceremony - "Slichot assembly with Rabbi Grossman" according the the flashing news headlines on the right side of the camera. Maybe it's to do with Rosh Hashana celebrations?

Quite the crowd, isn't it!

I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

Here's some information on the S'lichot service in general:
    http://www.myjewishlearning.com/holi...Selichot.shtml

I sure wish I knew what that guy was shouting over the loud speakers. My guess is
    "Let's rebuild the Temple"!

I found a live site that has constant sound - shofars, speakers, people shouting, everything. My apologies if y'all have already seen this one.

http://english.thekotel.org/cameras.asp

Yes, I wish we had an interpreter, I'd love to know what's being said and shouted back!

Thanks for the link Carrie, going to have a look
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

Well, I recognize the words "Adonai" and "Elohim"!!

I'm a Navy mom.

Check it out! There hosing down the Kotel!

All clean now

Default What did I miss

I had to leave for a while, what do you mean they were hosing down the Kotel?

Can anyone tell me how many hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time that Jerusalem is? I would like to know what time it is there while we are viewing the cam. The readout on the video said 23 Sept 22:55, but that can't be right, that would mean exactly 24 hours ahead, and that can't be right. That is the first time I was able to hear all the sounds! Wow, it is incredible, we can sit here in America and have a live window on the Holy City like that! Listen to God's people singing! I love it.

well I'm watching it now, and it's early morning there.... looks to be about 6am there but my phone tells me its 5am in Jerusalem right now. Still a pretty good crowd there now.

Israel is seven hours ahead of EST.

Quote Originally Posted by HeLives View Post
    I had to leave for a while, what do you mean they were hosing down the Kotel?
    1 guy with a fire hose washing down the area. Couldn't tell from where the hose was coming from as it was out of camera range. He was tugging on it pretty good though. I think there was a few passersby that got their pant legs wet though