Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: The Mayan Calendar and 2012 Prophecies

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
    I just don't trust our so-called commander-in-chief!
    I don't know many people who do. I still can't believe that he was actually re-elected. There is something sinister at work, here.

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    I don't know many people who do. I still can't believe that he was actually re-elected.
    The 'low information' voters had low information.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Quote Originally Posted by sherrid View Post

You know I never thought we would be so close as we are now. Other doomdates have come and gone so why do I feel so jumpy now although I dont think anything will happen? Maybe it is because the world has never been so dangerous as it is now. The first time I heard about 12/21/12 was probably around the mid to late 90s. That is when I worried about 1/1/00 and then 1/1/01. There was some talk about 5/5/00 (i think that was the date) because of the intergalaxy lining up. Then I would see junk like The Star and National Enquirer saying "this was it" in the mid 2000s. That day came and went and then they really started refocusing on 12/21/12. Since it was 7 or so years off I really didnt pay much attention to it. Now that we are so close, less than a week away, I do feel sort of sick like something will happen but not the Rapture. Like other people have mentioned there are so many crazies out today. I just want to hide under my bed and not come out til 1/1/13.... provided the Rapture hasn' t happened although we wont be any safer on that date either, I fear.

Ah, I am glad that' s over! Now I feel plain silly

Quote Originally Posted by CakeDecorator View Post
    Any news on those people who stayed on their special hiding places to await 12/21/12? I would love to read what their reactions are now. Hopefully, some will turn to Christ instead.
    I know what you mean. When Harold Camping "predicted" the Rapture twice and it didn't happen twice, the story was on the news for weeks. Mayan apocalypse doesn't happen when predicted . . . crickets.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    I know what you mean. When Harold Camping "predicted" the Rapture twice and it didn't happen twice, the story was on the news for weeks. Mayan apocalypse doesn't happen when predicted . . . crickets.
    I have heard of people maxing out their credit cards for lavish vacations, thinking they wouldn't have to worry about it, since the world was going to end anyway.

Wonder how they feel now?

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

Default Massive Fireball Strikes Marquesas Islands On 12-21-12

I guess 12/21/2012 wasn't a total dud after all, there was something that did occur according to Reuters news source.

Reuters News Agency Reports Massive Fireball Strikes Marquesas Islands On 12-21-12

EIAO, MARQUESAS ISLANDS- Just when you thought the dreaded Apocalypse predicted to occur by the Mayans on December 21, 2012 was about to die down quietly, new reports coming out of the tiny Marquesas Islands in the Pacific Ocean are bound to startle many people around the world. Reuters is reporting a massive fireball striking the island of Eiao, at around noon, island time. The above aerial picture was taken an hour after the alleged impact of the unknown object.
    http://inothernewz.com/reuters-news-...s-on-12-21-12/
    To Look For His Return Is To Live For His Glory

I have one friend on FB who is really New Age-y. She's been posting lots of stuff about looking forward to 12/21/12, encouraging global meditation on that day--nothing about expecting the end of the world, but the beginning of the New Age. World peace, positive energy, love everyone, christ-consciousness, the answers within... And they are so excited that now it's here!

I have heard of people maxing out their credit cards for lavish vacations, thinking they wouldn't have to worry about it, since the world was going to end anyway.

"Oh, crap . . . "

Seriously, though, you gotta feel bad for those folks who wasted their credit and may have given everything away, quit their jobs, or whatever, expecting the end to come, and it didn't. At least we have the Blessed Hope to look forward to, and we don't know when exactly that will be, so we won't fall into the trap of doing away with all our worldly goods and sitting on a mountain somewhere, meditating, while we wait for a date that someone else set to come and go. I wonder sometimes if that's not one of the many reasons why we don't know the date -- too tempting to check out of life early and go meditate on a mountain.
    "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Quote Originally Posted by Musician in His house View Post
    "Oh, crap . . . "

Seriously, though, you gotta feel bad for those folks who wasted their credit and may have given everything away, quit their jobs, or whatever, expecting the end to come, and it didn't. At least we have the Blessed Hope to look forward to, and we don't know when exactly that will be, so we won't fall into the trap of doing away with all our worldly goods and sitting on a mountain somewhere, meditating, while we wait for a date that someone else set to come and go. I wonder sometimes if that's not one of the many reasons why we don't know the date -- too tempting to check out of life early and go meditate on a mountain.
    That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that one. Makes it a wee bit easier to wait.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Broke and stupid. Well maybe not stupid. Some people just never learn.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve53 View Post
    Broke and stupid. Well maybe not stupid. Some people just never learn.
    Broke and deluded, which is worse than stupid because one can be very smart but still no spiritual sense.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    Broke and deluded, which is worse than stupid because one can be very smart but still no spiritual sense.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.