Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mayan Calendar and 2012 Prophecies

We're told he still has some form of access to Heaven to accuse. As we see from the Revelation verse, he will be accusing even then, during the Trib. And satan is still the prince of the air, as we are told.

Not to give any *honor* to satan at all - God knows - but although it is counterintuitive to what we would think, the Bible tells us what it does and gives us small glimpses of what goes on in Heaven.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

It's a few days early, but what the hay. Only about a year to go until all the 2012'ers worst fear comes true: that they'll have to scramble to find a new end of the world date to dread.
    Ephesians 3:17-18
    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Quote Originally Posted by araj54 View Post
    Maybe if you're shoving in the dessert line or something.
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Sorry I dont know if you meant to be funny but was an interesting perspective on that.
    Sometimes, it's either laugh or cry! Hey, at least we'll see an end to it then though! 3.5 years, - and he's kicked to the curb for good!
    Come Lord Jesus and bring us home soon!

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
    Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV

I may not be perfect, but Jesus thinks I'm to die for!

Quote Originally Posted by Praying View Post
    Sometimes, it's either laugh or cry! Hey, at least we'll see an end to it then though! 3.5 years, - and he's kicked to the curb for good!
    After his rebellion at the end of Jesus' 1000 yr. reign.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Be Honest with you; whoever tend to think of THE MAYAN CALENDAR and PROPHECIES 2012.....will be a big sad also will lead to astray or fall from the Lord.

Remmy that don't even trust the human begin who are perfect above the God....no way therefore nobody can or be able answer which date and time and even hour/minutes.

It will make me

I don't beleive its the end of the world like some people beleive. I beleive its the end of age... the beginning of an end. I do beleive there will be changes happening. God is cleansing this world for those who will live during the 1,000 year reign. I look at it like this: When our Lord comes to reign, he needs this world to be clean and holy just as he. No sin will be permitted. Look at what has happened this year so far. No telling what 2012 will be. Our God did say in the Bible there will be great earthquakes, famines, and destruction all around us. And that there will be a great deception and strange things happening in the sky. If it don't occur in 2012 definitely it will occur sometimes afterward. We just don't know when. We Christians know it is gonna happen because we beleive what he says gonna happen. The Mayan prophecies does sound similiar the things mentioned in the Bible. I just don't put alot of weight on the Mayan Prophecies because they worhsipped other gods, not our God. How can anyone put their trust on the Mayans who sacrificed humans to their gods.... let alone babies and children!!! *disgusting* They may be smart in math and astronomy. But something gave them that intelligence imo. Satan loves to twist God's truth. We are to know the season of his coming and I beleive he is giving us the those seasons and signs through the strange happenings in the sky and worldly events right now. REmember those dead fish and birds right on New Years Day. The massive earthquakes and tsunami in Japan. Some of the world leaders are gone so far. Don't forget the world economy is teeter tottering. I think God is now prepping us what is yet to come. The year 2012 will not get better, just like the Bible said things will not get better before Jesus comes and takes over the world. So I am expecting next year we will be entertained by many events. It will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    I don't beleive its the end of the world like some people beleive. I beleive its the end of age... the beginning of an end. I do beleive there will be changes happening. God is cleansing this world for those who will live during the 1,000 year reign. I look at it like this: When our Lord comes to reign, he needs this world to be clean and holy just as he. No sin will be permitted. Look at what has happened this year so far. No telling what 2012 will be. Our God did say in the Bible there will be great earthquakes, famines, and destruction all around us. And that there will be a great deception and strange things happening in the sky. If it don't occur in 2012 definitely it will occur sometimes afterward. We just don't know when. We Christians know it is gonna happen because we beleive what he says gonna happen. The Mayan prophecies does sound similiar the things mentioned in the Bible. I just don't put alot of weight on the Mayan Prophecies because they worhsipped other gods, not our God. How can anyone put their trust on the Mayans who sacrificed humans to their gods.... let alone babies and children!!! *disgusting* They may be smart in math and astronomy. But something gave them that intelligence imo. Satan loves to twist God's truth. We are to know the season of his coming and I beleive he is giving us the those seasons and signs through the strange happenings in the sky and worldly events right now. REmember those dead fish and birds right on New Years Day. The massive earthquakes and tsunami in Japan. Some of the world leaders are gone so far. Don't forget the world economy is teeter tottering. I think God is now prepping us what is yet to come. The year 2012 will not get better, just like the Bible said things will not get better before Jesus comes and takes over the world. So I am expecting next year we will be entertained by many events. It will be interesting.
    That is an excellent post!!

Saved By Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon9602 View Post
    Yeah I like this post too, and agree 2012 is going to be a very interesting year. I won't use the word "truth"... If there is any "coincidence" with the Mayan prophecies it will be that that signals profound change. Contrary to popular knowledge, the Mayan prophecy for 2012 isn't predicting the end of the world, but heralding the beginning of a new age, which coincidentally, will be right up there with the age of the anti-christ and his visionary new world order system (seeming world utopia in the beginning but hideously deceptive, diabolical and destructive as the system matures).

Originally Posted by Shannon9602
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Yeah I like this post too, and agree 2012 is going to be a very interesting year. I won't use the word "truth"... If there is any "coincidence" with the Mayan prophecies it will be that that signals profound change. Contrary to popular knowledge, the Mayan prophecy for 2012 isn't predicting the end of the world, but heralding the beginning of a new age, which coincidentally, will be right up there with the age of the anti-christ and his visionary new world order system (seeming world utopia in the beginning but hideously deceptive, diabolical and destructive as the system matures).
    I agree with Shannon and $teve's response. 2012 will be a sight to watch. Satan is a copy-cat, it is within him to put an event forth that leads people astray and competes for souls. I am as excited for our eternal futures as the next man/woman/child... Peace be with you all...
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Personally, I believe the Mayan calendar ended when white settlers from Spain arrived.

Didn't you hear? The Mayan calendar actually ended on December 24, 2011. Don't believe me? Go to Youtube and check out the early documentaries in the 70's on the Mayan culture.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by metroames View Post
    Didn't you hear? The Mayan calendar actually ended on December 24, 2011. Don't believe me? Go to Youtube and check out the early documentaries in the 70's on the Mayan culture.
    Turn the page .....

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    i'm using that!
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

-------------------------- To Live Is To Die --------------------------

All calendars come to an end; I have to buy a new one every year.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    All calendars come to an end; I have to buy a new one every year.
    I've always loved the line: "you've just won a year's-supply of calendars!"

Default What's All The Fuss About?

Just to sell books and movies of events the Mayans did not see in their crystal ball.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/may...&NewsCatID=375

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Spider View Post
    That was great!

I think this is what happened:

The guy that created this calendar had a heart-attack during his work on this and kicked the Mayan coconut bucket leaving the date 12/21/2011.