Thread: My timeline is finally finished!

My timeline is finally finished!

Now I can finally clean, organize, and reclaim my homeschool/computer/toy room!

I know you cant see it very clearly but the top starts out with a pic of the world and flower stickers showing the Garden Of Eden. Then I have big red stickers that say SIN. After this to a little after the year 5000BC I have it green and am going to put some more flower stickers to show that the world was still lush and much different from today. I am going to specifically include rose stickers to illustrate the point of thorns being the result of sin. Then there is a blue part with the ark showing the flood. I painted another world after the flood to indicate the major catastrophic changes that occured and that it really was a whole new world. The road after that is a dirt road to show how rough life was after the flood. The dirt road turns into a cobbled stone road a bit after 1000BC. I make the road then turn into a modern blacktop road around 1900 AD.

What is that and how did you make it? I am HIGHLY intrigued!

Cookies4me Guest

no you can come talk to me in chat

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCry View Post
    What is that and how did you make it? I am HIGHLY intrigued!
    You must have posted before I finished my explanation. What we will do from here on out is post everything we study that relates to 'time' on our time line so that the kids can see how and when things happened in relation to other historical events. We will post everything from History, Bible and Science.

Cookies4me Guest

Love it

Yep, I did. That is very cool! Thanks for sharing.

cinderellie Guest

I'm intrigued by the thing on your other wall.

???

cinderellie Guest

I do love your timeline though.

HSmomto4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cinderellie View Post

???
    So am I! And I was to afraid to ask.

Great timeline though! So do you not put all the dates on your time or if you do, how do you do that? We have a time line, but we pack it full of stuff and then hang it on the wall all around the room. How would you handle two things happening on the same date? It is a really neat idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by cinderellie View Post

???
    It's the shell of a horseshoe crab that dd found at the beach last year.

Quote Originally Posted by HSmomto4 View Post
    So am I! And I was to afraid to ask.

Great timeline though! So do you not put all the dates on your time or if you do, how do you do that? We have a time line, but we pack it full of stuff and then hang it on the wall all around the room. How would you handle two things happening on the same date? It is a really neat idea though!
    I broke it down into 1000 year segments except for the last 1000 years which I broke down into 100 year sections (since so much has happened in the last 1000 years). I use little pictures from http://drawingfromthepast.com/ and tape them to the timeline. This way if several things happen around the same time then I can just cluster them, I can go out of the 'lines' if I need to. This hasent been an issue yet but I imagine when we get to recent history we are going to have alot of pictures clustered on top of each other. My kids are in 2nd and 4th right now so I am not too worried about exact dates so much as I want them to get an overall feel for when things happened in history and give them a good feel for "time". I imagine as they get older we will get more precise.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaann View Post
    I use little pictures from http://drawingfromthepast.com/
    Great website -- thanks again for the inspiration!

wife Guest

Love It!!!!!!

MurphtheSquirt Guest

That is one great timeline! I like it.

Murph (Whew! I thought the horseshoe crab shell was some sort of weird African ritual mask!)

That is awesome!!!!! :clap

You did a really good job. Im sure your kids are going to love it.

FunMudder Guest

Rock on that is FANTASTIC!