October 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I am in opposition...
To the vast majority of what the members of this forum believe.
I'm not here to mock or belittle the members of this forum or their beliefs, I'm also not here to convert or be converted, but simply to read, post a little on fairly neutral topics, and learn. I want to learn because I enjoy reading about religious perspectives, and fundamentalist Christianity is a major part of the world.
I hope this is acceptable, if it isn't, and these forums are only open to fundamentalist Christians, I'll leave, but I thought a short introduction might be in order.
Hope you'll have me,
October 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Thank you for introducing yourself. Welcome!
You may of course read all you want but you may only post in Apologetics. (I see you already have. ) We'll see you there.
October 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Second question, as it seems prudent: What are the odds of a forum for formal debates or other things of that like being set up? I've always found it particularly enlightening to watch a one on one discussion on a forum. It also allows a lot more room to address specific questions, as opposed to what happens in a thread, especially on a forum with such a large and active populace as this one, where the discussion may have moved on completely from a point you wanted to address.
October 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Our board is perhaps a bit different in focus than some you've seen. Here's our mission statement:
Rapture Ready Message Board Mission Statement
There are the simple goals that the board wishes to achieve:
• Providing a forum for Christians to gather under one fellowship.
• Strengthening believers in evangelism, discipleship, and edification for personal growth.
• Promoting awareness within the Christian community of current world events; predicted in scripture; of Bible prophecy
• Providing news & websites voicing politics from a Christian perspective.
• Providing websites & discussions exposing deceptive cults, apostasy, heresy, false doctrine, and false teachings.
We're pretty happy with that.
I suggest you start a thread and see how it goes in terms of keeping posters on the topic you wish. It's often not even an issue.