Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we supposed to hate Satan?

OED40 Guest

Default Are we supposed to hate Satan?

I'm almost embarassed asking this question, but I just wanted to ask to make sure I understand this properly. Since we are to hate evil as followers of Christ, are we also supposed hate Satan himself, as well as his minions?

Default ....

The info in the bible is their so we know who and what our real enemy is.
    Beyond that its not healthy to have any feeling at all toward Angels and demons.
    Focus on the Lord Jesus Christ.
    And trust the Lord to take care of his other creatures that have rebelled against him.

OED40 Guest

Yep, that's what my mom told me. Don't hate them, just focus on the Lord and he'll handle them.

Quote Originally Posted by OED40 View Post
    I'm almost embarassed asking this question, but I just wanted to ask to make sure I understand this properly. Since we are to hate evil as followers of Christ, are we also supposed hate Satan himself, as well as his minions?
    We already know satan's fate (and the fallen angels that followed after him).

I, for one, hate the fact that he's drawn so many away from salvation, and will do so until he's bound for the duration of the MK - Millennial Kingdom, then let loose for a time, after which he's thrown into the Lake of Fire. Bye bye

Bye satan

I certainly have no love for him. I think it's a waste of time hating him, God has already dealt with him.

I actually pity him cause he was with God and saw God's glory and threw it all away.
    I'm covered by the blood of an innocent Man.

i'll have to try and find the reference, but i think satan is the only individual where it is implied that we have permission to hate.

watchman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsy View Post
    I certainly have no love for him. I think it's a waste of time hating him, God has already dealt with him.
    How true!

Burbank,Ill surburb of chicago, crook county, home of king Daley

If we are supposed to hate our sin,it is all right to hate the one who gave us our sin in the 1st place.I,ve been fighting this invisible enemy now for 36 years,he hates me and I hate him.This monster satan has caused untold misery on all humans espically the believer,s and the Jews.Billy Sunday once said you can,t love flowers without hating weeds.Show me in the KJV where I am not supposed to hate satan ,I would like to read that!!

I,m a fool for Christ,whose fool are you ???

sharongrr Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 24thchance View Post
    If we are supposed to hate our sin,it is all right to hate the one who gave us our sin in the 1st place.I,ve been fighting this invisible enemy now for 36 years,he hates me and I hate him.This monster satan has caused untold misery on all humans espically the believer,s and the Jews.Billy Sunday once said you can,t love flowers without hating weeds.Show me in the KJV where I am not supposed to hate satan ,I would like to read that!!
    Thanks for posting that, I was actually wondering your stance on it. I really liked the Billy Sunday quote, totally makes sense!!

Christina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsy View Post
    Amen!

Satan is the king of hate, so by hating him you are giving him glory. trust the Lord, focus on the Lord and leave it all to the Lord.

May God, give each one of you a blessing today so you may smile tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by OED40 View Post
    Good question. After all, the Bible does command to 'Love thine enemy'.

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

Psalms 11:5 The Lord trieth the righteous:but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
    To read this verse,the "WICKED" and "HIM" could possibly be referring to Satan since he is the tempter of all that's evil.
    Since God has prepared a lake of fire for Satan and his followers,then on a human concept ,that's hate.
    As a child of God we are suppose to hate sin.I think this would include Satan.People either love him(SIN) or hate him.
    John 14:16 -17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

IveSeenEvil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sharongrr View Post
    Thanks for posting that, I was actually wondering your stance on it. I really liked the Billy Sunday quote, totally makes sense!!
    I also would like to have clarification on this excellent question of hating or simply ignoring satan & his minions.

IveSeenEvil Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 24thchance View Post
    I fully agree. I would like to see scriptural references regarding this question.

We are supposed to hate evil and satan is evil......right?

Default Mr

Proverbs 6

12 A worthless person, a wicked man,
    Walks with a perverse mouth;
    13 He winks with his eyes,
    He shuffles his feet,
    He points with his fingers;
    14 Perversity is in his heart,
    He devises evil continually,
    He sows discord.
    15 Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly;
    Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.
    16 These six things the LORD hates,
    Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
    17 A proud look,
    A lying tongue,
    Hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
    Feet that are swift in running to evil,
    19 A false witness who speaks lies,
    And one who sows discord among brethren.

If these verses don't applly to satan and his followers, I'm reading them wrong. Father hates him. That's good enough for me.

Robert Guest

To be truthful, The thought of Satan fills me with sadness, and I would feel sad at his demise in the Lake of Fire.

This is why:

As Lucifer, he had so much potential: he had it all, as so to speak. He was the covering cherub for the throne of God. To see someone with all of that, along with intellect, beauty and charisma fall so horrifically, all due to hubris, is a tragedy indeed.

now, this does NOT mean by any means I feel sympathy for him: Satan DESERVES what he is going to get. His fall was his fault and his fault ALONE. he has no one to blame but himself, and the angels who followed him are in the same boat. So, while i consider it a solemn moment to be regarded with a sense of regret and mourning for what he had been, it is also with a resignation to the fact that though this could have been avoided by Lucifer if he had only not focused on himself, he is getting what he deserves.

I feel it to be Christ's character not to rejoice over the demise of any of his creations; because when you think about it: we deserve the same fate as Satan. And those that lived for themselves will share that fate at the Great White Throne of judgment. if we would not jump for joy at their demise, then we should not celebrate his final outcome. Should we be relieved that evil is gone? Yes. But not by cheering the eternal damnation of an intelligent being, no matter what he has done.

As i said: we are no better. The only difference is: we accepted Christ's gift. Satan, in all his pride, never would.

Jude 1:9 (King James Version)

9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
    I dont know that we should "hate" him.

I couldnt copy it here but if you go to this link to page 35, I believe it sums up pretty well how we should feel about and deal with Satan.

Fruchtenbaum points out that even the archangel Michael wouldn't issue an accusation against Satan. He simply turned him over to the Lord. No one should speak contemptuously about him, so maybe we shouldnt hate him? Respect him, guard against, understand the dangers of, avoid, resist him, etc.

I know how the Lord deals with him in the end. He was the most powerful, most beautiful angel. It is a shame he decided to turn his back on God.

http://www.arielm.org/dcs/pdf/mbs077m.pdf
    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.