Thread: Scientists bring snow to Beijing

Silver Guest

Default Scientists bring snow to Beijing

Chinese meteorologists have brought about Beijing's earliest snowfall in a decade, after seeding rain clouds with silver iodide to ease a drought. The Weather Modification Office had sprayed clouds with 186 doses of the chemical to bring rain for the wheat crop, the Beijing Evening News said. But the arrival of a cold front caused heavy snow to fall, disrupting road, rail and air travel.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8337337.stm

Hmmmm and that isn't why you don't play with these things? Their lucky something like acid rain did not fall instead.
    Jesus' return is imminent!

They might just keep this up and GOD will give them 100 feet of snow, they want snow well here is the snow.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

truthwarrior Guest

They really wanted rain and they got snow- good going China! Spray chemicals into your already polluted air! No wonder these poor people suffer with constant respiratory problems.

The arrogance of this nation is as big as Obama's- They want to be god. They have now claimed that they are going to militarize space.

Does this sound like any certain Biblical story to you?

this is very intriguing! Does anybody happen to know what the toxicity effects are of Silver Iodide off hand?

4Godisjust Guest

Pray

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
    this is very intriguing! Does anybody happen to know what the toxicity effects are of Silver Iodide off hand?
    I looked it up and I found a lot of websites on the subject, it is BAD...here is the website take a look, the list is long on what it does to the human body, and long term exposure.
    http://www.silvermedicine.org

When I say the list I couldn't believe what I was reading, it was truly sad... they are playing with fire, and worse they are playing GOD, only God should make rain or snow, and have the ability to do what he wants with the weather. It's reminds me of the tower of babel, they wanted to play GOD, and be like him; and God distroyed the tower of babel....

Silver Guest

Interesting what you can find under U.S. patents. Apparently they can even make clouds. There are a lot of other interesting patents that can be navigated from this page.

http://www.google.com/patents/about?...J&dq=3,630,950

Quote Originally Posted by 4Godisjust View Post
    I looked it up and I found a lot of websites on the subject, it is BAD...here is the website take a look, the list is long on what it does to the human body, and long term exposure.
    http://www.silvermedicine.org

When I say the list I couldn't believe what I was reading, it was truly sad... they are playing with fire, and worse they are playing GOD, only God should make rain or snow, and have the ability to do what he wants with the weather. It's reminds me of the tower of babel, they wanted to play GOD, and be like him; and God distroyed the tower of babel....
    Colloidal silver is not the same as silver iodide. The toxicity is apparently not very high, but then again we don't know what amounts China is launching up into the air.

I really don't buy the Tower of Babel analogy. If we had the power to divert hurricane or reduce their catastrophic impact are you suggesting we shouldn't do it? If we could seed clouds in parts of Subsaharan Africa with water shortages and with no available clean drinking water, are you saying we shouldn't do it? If you take this logic to the extreme then we shouldn't do ANYTHING that interferes or modifies nature. I don't think anyone would suggest that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
    Colloidal silver is not the same as silver iodide. The toxicity is apparently not very high, but then again we don't know what amounts China is launching up into the air.

I really don't buy the Tower of Babel analogy. If we had the power to divert hurricane or reduce their catastrophic impact are you suggesting we shouldn't do it? If we could seed clouds in parts of Subsaharan Africa with water shortages and with no available clean drinking water, are you saying we shouldn't do it? If you take this logic to the extreme then we shouldn't do ANYTHING that interferes or modifies nature. I don't think anyone would suggest that.
    I think what he was saying is that it is a slippery slope, and given man's sin nature, it's easy for us to try and replace or even try to usurp God.

Even the Anti-Christ does this. We are told he will even have the ability to call fire down from heaven. Something readers in Biblical times would only attribute to God himself. So if what I am seeing is right, they can call down water and ice, how far away are they from calling down fire?

Pendragon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ar550n1c View Post
    Hmmmm and that isn't why you don't play with these things? Their lucky something like acid rain did not fall instead.
    Isn't Iodide Acidic??

truthwarrior Guest

Now does this sound ecologically healthy or just plain insane?

Is Cloud Seeding Harmful?

by

Johnny Micou

When studying the efficacy and consequences of cloud seeding experiments, the experimenters tend to be biased in saying cloud seeding with silver iodide enhances precipitation without negative consequences. However, much of the literature substantiates that not only does cloud seeding fail to achieve the desired effect, it also yields harmful consequences. Some of these consequences include rain suppression, flooding, tornadoes, and silver iodide toxicity. (1,2,3)

The harm of rain suppression is obvious to everyone. For farmers and ranchers, this would mean no rain, no gain -- an economic loss. Losses would include poorer crop harvest, lack of range vegetation, and a loss of hunting lease income due to wildlife reduction. This is particularly true for ranches in western Potter County, an area PGCD has called “geographically handicapped.”(2) Most ranchers and farmers do not choose to take the gamble on their land and livelihood based on experimentation.(1,2)

The harmful effects of silver iodide are insidious.(3) Yet, according to the web site of the PGCD, the effects are so minimized that the following is stated: “The concentration of iodide in iodized salt used on food is far above the concentration found in rainwater from a seeded cloud.”(4) In addition, in early December of 2002, at the Amarillo meeting jointly conducted by the Panhandle Groundwater and the North Plains Groundwater Conservation Districts, one representative stated that silver iodide was good for the heart. In a private conversation, another explained that silver miners live longer. Iodized salt may seem benign; however, some states such as Colorado have outlawed the use of salting icy roads.(5) Among harmful effects, salt is toxic to the water and land.(5)

The Office of Environment, Health and Safety, UC Berkeley, rates silver iodide as a Class C, non-soluble, inorganic, hazardous chemical that pollutes water and soil.(8) It has been found to be highly toxic to fish, livestock and humans.(6,7,8,9) Numerous medical articles demonstrate that humans absorb silver iodide through the lungs, nose, skin, and GI tract.(7,8,9) Mild toxicity can cause GI irritation, renal and pulmonary lesions, and mild argyria (blue or black discoloration of the skin). Severe toxicity can result in hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, shock, enlarged heart, severe argyria, and death by respiratory depression.(8)....................

www.ranches.org/cloudSeedingHarmful.htm

This is crazy..... can I hide from this world now?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Paul Guest

Very interesting and quite frightening I think.

4Godisjust Guest

Pray

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post

Sorry, I do Not agree and I never will....God is the only GOD, we mere humans do not have the right to play GOD....It is not are place. It is God's. If he wants rain he will send rain and if he doesn't want rain then he won't send it....who are you or I to tell the creator of the universe what to do...Just because we have the technolgy to do something, does not mean it is the right thing to do....God know the beginning from the end, he sees thing's that we don't, so no again we as humans do not have a right to play GOD, with the weather or anything else....why don't we just leave it and you can ask him yourself when you see him, and see what he say's..... as far as the anology goes, they the babelonians were trying to play god in a lot of different ways, and he did distroy them because of their haughty behavior.(sound familiar scientist, are haughty ) you cannot FIX everything, their is a purpose and a season and reason for everything, that we do not see, only God does...being that we are in the end of days, thing's are going to be bad on this earth, and we all just need to accept that, God's plan will go into effect, whether a mere human likes it or not. Our loving father is in control.. so don't worry about it, just give it to the father.