Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Isaiah 17 *Merged*

Quote Originally Posted by MelAnne View Post
    I believe it is generally thought that Gog/Magog will happen toward the beginning of the Tribulation and that the AC will sign the covenant with Israel immediately following Gog/Magog. Israel will burn the weapons from the battle during the seven years of Tribulation, and I would imagine the clean-up would probably overlap with that . . . they burn as they clean up. Does that make more sense?
    That makes a lot more sense, thanks!
    "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Quote Originally Posted by MelAnne View Post
    I believe it is generally thought that Gog/Magog will happen toward the beginning of the Tribulation and that the AC will sign the covenant with Israel immediately following Gog/Magog. Israel will burn the weapons from the battle during the seven years of Tribulation, and I would imagine the clean-up would probably overlap with that . . . they burn as they clean up. Does that make more sense?
    It makes sense to me that there is 7 yrs of burning weapons & 7 yrs of tribulation. It adds up and makes perfect sense. It sure looks like things are moving right along. I want to go home.
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Quote Originally Posted by --Rei View Post
    So, wait...will we be in heaven then for roughly 14 years and 9 months then? Seven years of burning the weapons inbetween Gog/Magog and the tribulation and Anti-Christ?

Not necessarily for 14-yrs. Generally those who place Magog pre-trib (as I do, though not without some misgivings as I noted in a older thread) will point out that the burning of weapons for 7-years will commence a minimum of 3 1/2 yrs before the Trib begins and end at, or close to, the abomination of desolation since - as the argument goes - it's difficult to imagine Israel having the time to burn weapons for fuel during the final 3 1/2 years of the Trib when they will be in flight from their enemies.
    Last edited by james46888; February 25th, 2011 at 05:44 AM.

I posted this on another thread.. What I cannot understand how the Middle East region will be fit for human population if there is nuclear conflict on a large scale. Think of Chernobyl. I mean, it will affect the rest of the world as well!
    “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.
    Hebrews 12:5,6,7

Quote Originally Posted by lightseeker* View Post
    I posted this on another thread.. What I cannot understand how the Middle East region will be fit for human population if there is nuclear conflict on a large scale. Think of Chernobyl. I mean, it will affect the rest of the world as well!
    Personally I'm not really sure that the Ezekiel 38 thing involves nukes (if that's the battle you were referring to?).

Quote Originally Posted by james46888 View Post
    Personally I'm not really sure that the Ezekiel 38 thing involves nukes (if that's the battle you were referring to?).
    People believe it could be nuclear because of this verse:

14“‘After the seven months they will carry out a more detailed search. 15 As they go through the land, anyone who sees a human bone will leave a marker beside it until the gravediggers bury it in the Valley of Hamon Gog,

A military nuclear response dictates that if you find human remains in an area that has had a nuclear incident, you are to mark them. Then, specialized hazmat response units will come in and remove and bury those bones in a designated area.

I'm not saying it is nuclear or not, just letting you know why some people believe it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    People believe it could be nuclear because of this verse:

14“‘After the seven months they will carry out a more detailed search. 15 As they go through the land, anyone who sees a human bone will leave a marker beside it until the gravediggers bury it in the Valley of Hamon Gog,

Ah, yeah, I was aware of that . I was responding to Lightseeker's comment since I thought that she believed the text of Ezek 38-39 (or maybe she was thinking of Isa 17?) stated that nukes will be involved but that she couldn't get her head around how exactly this could happen. However, now that I reread her comment, it seems she was simply arguing that she doesn't believe nukes are involved at all.

Praying for the people of Damascus, the surrounding region, and all areas in harm's way.

Praying that many will repent and come to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

Praying also for safety for believers in those areas.

In Jesus' name, amen.

I guess I was asking about this:
    And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
    Zechariah 14:12
    and Isaiah 17
    “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.
    Hebrews 12:5,6,7

Quote Originally Posted by lightseeker* View Post
    I guess I was asking about this:
    And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
    Zechariah 14:12
    and Isaiah 17

Hmm, well that passage is dealing with events that occur right at the end of the Trib inconjunction with the 2nd Coming so if that is speaking of the effects of nukes, neutron bombs, etc., then we have to remember that Jesus will regenerate the earth shortly after that, thereby making the earth fit for human habitation anyway. I will say though that if we compare scripture with scripture, we see in Habakkuk 3:4 that when Jesus comes rays will shoot from His hands, and this probably better explains Zechariah's comment about flesh melting rather than it being done through manmade weapons.

As for Isa 17, I can't see anywhere it says nukes are used. It does say Damascus will be made into rubble, which could be the result of a nuke attack but it does not force us to conclude that. If so, this is just Damascus and may not indicate the entire mid-east is hit. Also, I personally am not convinced as yet (I'd need to see more evidence) that Isa 17 is pre-trib anyway.
    Last edited by james46888; February 26th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Default Isaiah 17:1

I want to hear your thoughts on this prophecy & do you believe it will happen before or after the rapture. Isaiah 17:1-3 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap. The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid. The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the Lord of hosts. My hope is that the rapture is 1st & we are in heaven. This is a rapture ready article I found http://www.raptureready.com/featured...Isaiah_17.html
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Amen Guest

LightOfMyLife, I do hope as you that the rapture is first but as things progress we can only truly wait and see. Events are escalating and prophecy is just sitting there...waiting their time. We too are waiting...tired of this world and all the evil.
    Amen

I was actually wondering about this earlier today. I was thinking that if there is a period between Isaiah 17 and Ezekiel 37, 38, then where might the rapture fit? The AC would not need appear until after the Ezekiel war which would mean that we could be here to see the Isaiah 17 war. Only speculating of course.

ImOnStandby221 Guest

i think Isaiah 17:1 could definitely happen before the Rapture.

There is something that happens that alerts us to the super immenicy of the rapture. I think Isa 17 might be it.

Psalm 83 is a parallel passage to Isaiah 17. Here is a good article that shows the parallels:

http://www.articlecity.com/articles/...icle_807.shtml

As I point out here....

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1567...94#post2023694

I believe we will be raptured before that war.

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo477 View Post
    There is something that happens that alerts us to the super immenicy of the rapture. I think Isa 17 might be it.
    I kind of agree with that.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

I'm expecting a sudden deluge of prophecy completion.

This time by fire.

And no We will not be here to see it all.

We'll have Box Seats.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

I have often wondered about the timing of Isaiah 17 myself. Now with the news of Iran sending ships to Syria "for training" ( yeah, right) and making closer ties with Syria, plus the discovery of more nuke plants near Damascus, I think Isaiah 17 could happen before the rapture. Would add to the mess that occurs that the AC is supposed to offer peace from. Sit tight, it's getting bumpy. Don't be scared, He is holding us in the palm of His hand, and no one and nothing can snatch us away from Him.

my first line in the previous post says "for training" (yeah, right) but for some
    reason when it posted, it dropped off the word 'training'. Just wanted to clarify.