Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Osteen....

MidwestMama Guest

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
    What is sad to me is most Christians I know would rather read Joel Osteen and Rick Warren than their Bible.......they can quote Osteen and Warren but nothing from the Bible..........alarms are going off everywhere.....

That is so disturbing...........
    Very true. That sums up so much of the trouble the church is in today... they'd rather hear anything but the Word itself.

I like a good Bible study or Christian reading as much as anyone, but... you MUST make sure it's leading you the right direction!!

Salvation is completely free and apart from works. It's unmerited grace---receiving something we do not deserve with mercy (being spared from what we do deserve).

What is costly is discipleship, picking up the cross and following the Lord deliberately after we accept that free gift of salvation and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit to do the work of the Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit and to receive (or lose) rewards for service by our compliance with the Spirit.

The question is what is being preached? And is someone confused? If someone is confused, is it the preacher or the listener because we know it's not God.

Quote Originally Posted by Obey View Post
    Thank You for posting this It has fanned the flame
    In more ways then one...

Really, this should not be an issue with the brethren. When Paul Washer starts making you feel really good, scratching those ears just right, and selling a book about how to get everything you want in life then you need to start worrying about his theology. If he convicts you of your sins from the Bible, that's a good thing.

If you're saved, you're saved. If you're saved and you sin, Paul's going to convict you by the power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Sucks don't it? But that's the nature of our lives until we are conformed to the image of Christ. Until that glorious day, it's a process called sanctification and men like Paul Washer are going to really rub your fallen nature the wrong way. But boy does that man ever please the Spirit. God bless Paul Washer. His type of preaching is a dying art, and we desperately need more like him.

Paul Washer is the soul winning preacher. He's going to convict you by the power of the Spirit and the Word and bring you to your knees. The true comforters and those who are wise and gentle in the spirit can assuage and assure the meek and the timid about OSAS after the fact, if in fact they seek these things out with trembling and much fear.

Usually people who are trembling of God and afraid of offending God or losing their salvation, and really make an effort to know the truth about these things, these people were truly saved and despite their concerns the Lord has them now and forever. They show their fruit in their efforts to know the truth of these things. Their great reverence to Jesus, our Lord and God who they want to please and not offend lest they be lost, absurd as that is shows their faith to be sincere. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

I honestly worry about the ones who could care less and seem so sure that because of a simple prayer they're saved. Where is their heart? Not that I should know for only God knows the heart, but the lack of fruit is discontenting. Hard preaching has it in for these types. I pray it catches them! Be it Paul Washer or somebody else. Because the alternative is an unimaginable and horrific fate in eternity, if their faith in Christ was not genuine after all.

I really hate having to guess about people and where they stand with God. There was a day when it was more apparent.

Christina Guest

^^^ awesome post Timothy

Bible

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default Seinfeld's Jason Alexander tv character channels Joel Osteen?

someone sent this to me

and anyone else think Jason's short lived show from the early 2000's

that featured still Seinfeld fresh Jason Alexander as motivational speaker Bob Patterson

video below remind you of someone from Houston Texas

============================

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Joel's church and sermons are just to feel good about yourself. Unless you have problems then it's your own fault and you're not "following" God. I'm sure if Joel saw my life he would think I have no faith. I have a meager job, I struggle with lots of things and so on. But I know that I have God's gift of eternal life and that is what makes me rich. I will leave all of this other stuff behind. Joel will have to as well.

Default Todd Friel video: Joel Osteen or Fortune Cookie?

Did Joel Osteen come out of a fortune cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by dleader View Post
    Did Joel Osteen come out of a fortune cookie?

(me doing a Joel Osteen impression right now

I'm very careful about saying who is and who isnt a fortune cookie. I don't know. I dont do much research on this subject.

Default FFTF radio show: John MacArthur Takes Joel Osteen to Task

May 26, 2010
    John MacArthur Takes Joel Osteen to Task

• NY Pastrix Puts the “Ha” Back in Hallelujah
    • Patricia King and the Purposes of Angels
    • Is Tony Jones only “Selectively Postmodern”?
    • John MacArthur Takes Joel Osteen to Task

http://www.fightingforthefaith.com/2...n-to-task.html

MacArthur
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

youre welcome

btw:

http://www.ligonier.org/learn/confer...e&format=audio

also has link to this.

Default Joel Osteen and TD Jakes at Lakewood Church Memorial day weekend (youtube video)

not much comment but it shows you how good either's theology is

both push the word of faith lies

Jakes pushes Universalism and denies the trinity

Osteen pushes a seeker-driven gospel. both have given a blind eye to the leftist agenda being pushed down our throats

(i.e. Jakes MSNBC style of supporting Obama 's agenda & Osteen blessing the lesbian mayor of Houston)

susanb Guest

Loud cheering and applause for Jakes
    but lukewarm for "the Lord"...

RobertB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

Jakes pushes Universalism and denies the trinity

Osteen pushes a seeker-driven gospel. both have given a blind eye to the leftist agenda being pushed down our throats
    That, imho, is because both are complicit in that. Osteen should be up for an annual Oscar for best actor (in any field).

Default Joel Osteen - Send prosperity now aka Joel's word of faith teachings

================================================== ===========

A call to repentance to all who are ensnared by the teaching of the greed/prosperity gospel AKA THE WORD OF FAITH cult lies

1 John 4:1

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Amber Lynne Guest

he needs to be a game show host, not a (so called) preacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lynne View Post
    he needs to be a game show host, not a (so called) preacher.
    I agree. most seeker pastors need to be hosting game shows, not being "preachers"

I watch a lot of Christian TV. Every time Joel is on, I say to the Lord, sorry Lord, but I just don't like this guy and I turn the channel. I DO listen long enough to hear his opening joke
    2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.