Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,016 of 1016

Thread: Joel Osteen....

You wouldn't think they would find the need to call and ask for money. You could always contact them and ask. I've heard of people creating false Facebook accounts under the name of pastors and then asking for money. They could do it with phone numbers, too.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Yuck, this guy preaches good feelings stuff, so false . His people are doing this? Well if not 30$, 25$...this is where I get angry but try to make it a righteous anger, like Jesus knocking over tables in His father's house!!! I think those people who call are trying to make there $$. We don't even know if they believe in God. They could be 3rd party paid for.
    Last edited by Serene; March 27th, 2015 at 07:29 PM. Reason: adding a comment

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing4 View Post
    You wouldn't think they would find the need to call and ask for money. You could always contact them and ask. I've heard of people creating false Facebook accounts under the name of pastors and then asking for money. They could do it with phone numbers, too.

Just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    I contact Mr. Osteen's ministry via e-mail and gave them the story. I have not heard back from them yet. In my e-mail I did give them the benefit of the doubt. I suggested that it was a scam using his name as a front. If that was the case I would think he would want to advise his followers so that they could be attentive to the situation. I haven't heard back from his ministry. Mr. Osteen blew it on Larry King's show years ago when Mr. King asked him if Jesus was the only way to heaven and Mr. Osteen refused to give an answer. Look it up on youtube....it's there for all to see for eternity....wouldn't give Mr. King a direct answer that yes, Jesus is the only way. Pitiful and sad and yet people still follow this huckster. No discernment whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by rks7777 View Post
    I contact Mr. Osteen's ministry via e-mail and gave them the story. I have not heard back from them yet. In my e-mail I did give them the benefit of the doubt. I suggested that it was a scam using his name as a front. If that was the case I would think he would want to advise his followers so that they could be attentive to the situation. I haven't heard back from his ministry. Mr. Osteen blew it on Larry King's show years ago when Mr. King asked him if Jesus was the only way to heaven and Mr. Osteen refused to give an answer. Look it up on youtube....it's there for all to see for eternity....wouldn't give Mr. King a direct answer that yes, Jesus is the only way. Pitiful and sad and yet people still follow this huckster. No discernment whatsoever.
    Yes, I know he's a false teacher and people should be made aware of that. I didn't want to come across as standing up for him, it's just that I don't like false information or lies being told about anyone, (you can ask my children - lying will get them in the most trouble) so I'm glad that you contacted them and I hope they are able to give you the truth.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Lots of interesting points about Joel. IMO I think he is a false teacher. My question is does anyone think he truly believes what he teaches is 100 percent biblical?
    Galatians 2: 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

Quote Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
    Lots of interesting points about Joel. IMO I think he is a false teacher. My question is does anyone think he truly believes what he teaches is 100 percent biblical?
    Do you think he cares?
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    Hey Joel, if you are looking cash, why don't you sow $500 into my ministry and God will pay you back $50,000!

Gotta put yer money where yer mouth is!

Yes, I think the same thing about David Cerullo's "Inspiration" show - they beg, beg, beg, beg for cash. 7 days a week. A couple hours each show.

And he reportedly makes $2.5 million dollars per year.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/in...-salary-71517/

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    Hey Joel, if you are looking cash, why don't you sow $500 into my ministry and God will pay you back $50,000!

Gotta put yer money where yer mouth is!

Lol! I love this!
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

He's going to be in the Twin Cities soon I heard
    and tickets are going for up to 800 bucks.

There's big money in heresy I guess.
    1 Chron 16:11 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm69 View Post
    He's going to be in the Twin Cities soon I heard
    and tickets are going for up to 800 bucks.

There's big money in heresy I guess.
    You have to pay to go see this guy?
    And then I am sure they pass the plate around.

Quote Originally Posted by savedatcamp View Post
    You have to pay to go see this guy?
    And then I am sure they pass the plate around.
    lol, probably. I know someone that saw Joyce Meyer in Florida & it was free,
    but she kept stopping the… er umm whatever it is she does to shake
    everyone down for "donations".
    1 Chron 16:11 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.

that is so low how'd they get her phone number?
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

I don't know who's worse: "Bishop" Eddie Long or Creflo "Cash" Dollar or Steven Furtick.

After just glancing at his twitter account, it just boggles the mind how a guy like this can actually lead people and get away with the nonsense he spews in his cult.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Steven is the worst, cause he is well liked in the seeker driven movement.

"Bishop" Eddie Long or Creflo "Cash" Dollar many are onto how deceitful they are, but Furtick is more creative at masking his wolf-ing.

Furtick is a big time NARCIGESIS promoter (aka a pastor who puts themselves into the biblical text and makes bible verses and stories about themselves.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Default Joel Osteen

As I was TV surfing, I listened a bit to Joel. Please correct me here if I am wrong, but he
    said that Solomon asked God for all kinds of riches so that he could help other people.
    I thought that Solomon asked for wisdom only and God then added the rest.
    Am I missing something here?

Solomon asked for wisdom.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Solomon-wisdom.html

and God granted him something he didn't ask for:

The second gift God gave Solomon was wealth and fame: “I give you also what you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that no other king shall compare with you, all your days” (1 Kings 3:13). Solomon would become known as the wealthiest king of his era.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven