Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princess and the Frog

Default Princess and the Frog

Their is a new kids movie out now called "Princess and the Frog". Their is alot of voo-doo and dark spirituality in the movie. Why is disney making their childrens movies with all this occult stuff in it? Well I do know why.

mac Guest

disney has making movies like this for a long time from snow wite to the lion king. it isn't shocking really you have been watchin the occult for over 60 years.

My daughter wants to see this movie. So it has occult messages in it? I haven't done any research on it yet.

We saw it. It has voodoo in it the same way The Little Mermaid had evil magic in it (Ursula) and The Hunchback of Notre Dame had whatever that evil guy was. The way it was presented reminded me a lot of Jafar from Aladdin.

If you're willing to talk to your kids about it, the one thing they did show was that nothing good comes from messing with voodoo. Everyone who messed with it ended up in trouble (and one ended up dead).

As Disney movies go, I liked it.

TeXaCo Guest

We stopped watching anything Disney a few months back for a few reasons.

I had told my girls that we would go see it but talked to a friend who took her kids to see it and she said that she would not recommend it. Not only the voodoo stuff but the frog was insinuating that he had been with a lot of women. Also that he kids were scared. I really do not like the voodoo stuff it is really nothing I want ever witness.

Luckily I was able to take my girls to see the chipmonks instead. It was cute.
    Many Blessings,
    Laura

"Dear Jesus, thank You that we must come with empty hands. I thank You that You have done all-all-on the cross, and that all we need in life or death is be sure of this." ~ The Hiding Place, Tante Jans

Where the waving wheat, sure smells sweet!

I would think this movie would scare little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by zoewmu View Post
    We saw it. It has voodoo in it the same way The Little Mermaid had evil magic in it (Ursula) and The Hunchback of Notre Dame had whatever that evil guy was. The way it was presented reminded me a lot of Jafar from Aladdin.

If you're willing to talk to your kids about it, the one thing they did show was that nothing good comes from messing with voodoo. Everyone who messed with it ended up in trouble (and one ended up dead).

As Disney movies go, I liked it.
    I also liked this movie.

I did not know the voodoo(satanic) rituals and black magic...was in this movie...i took my 2 kids...and we left the theater in the middle of the movie. I think I will have nightmares tonight. It had voodoo...tarot card reading..palm reading....witch doctors..

A lot of Disney movies are not appropriate for children under the age of 18 and if they are watched by the this group they should have parental guidance. I would rate them R at least. They may not have open sex but they do contain strong direct and indirect influences which are detrimental as applied to sexual behavior and religion.

CHRISTLIKE Guest

Default The movie frog and princess...

Just a warning to those who might want to go see this movie. I couldn't believe my eyes how satanic this movie was. It had Voodoo in it as well. There was also a scene that resemble Jesus in the wilderness being tempted by Satan... I told my friend I just couldn't hardly believe my eyes what I was seeing. Lord please come get us soon.

bek1 Guest

I agree it was aweful! I liked the music but the demonic stuff they put in there totally ruined the whole movie. For the same reason we don't own or rent Sleeping Beauty, we won't be seeing or renting this movie ever again.

Morning Star Guest

Have not seen it but will be renting it once it goes to dvd. Pretty sure there is a thread on this in the movie section. It take place in New Orleans so it makes sense there would be voodoo in it. There are many voodoos shops there.

Here is the thread in the movie section.
    http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=120678

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTLIKE View Post
    Just a warning to those who might want to go see this movie. I couldn't believe my eyes how satanic this movie was. It had Voodoo in it as well. There was also a scene that resemble Jesus in the wilderness being tempted by Satan... I told my friend I just couldn't hardly believe my eyes what I was seeing. Lord please come get us soon.
    It's a Disney movie. Walt Disney was an occultist. My favorite movie when I was a child was Disney's The Sorcerer's Apprentice! Fantasia is like an LSD trip so I've been told. How in your face is that?

Some are these links might be far out, but they make the case that Disney was an occultist.

First by our own Joseph Chambers: http://www.lionking.org/~fanfic/Refl...chambers1.html
    Others:

http://www.cremationofcare.com/illu_...oom_disney.htm
    I decided to remove two links because they led to some really unsavory allegations against Walt Disney. I believe the substance but they weren't family friendly. Just Google Walt Disney Occult.

CHRISTLIKE Guest

There was even a scene than had me thinkin de ja vu.... because it was depicting Jesus in the wilderness being tempted by Satan, I'm not kidding you... I was like where have I seen or read about this before... yep the voodoo dr was saying I'll give you everything if you'll just.... ah , I can see the movies of disney before like kinda hiding the symbolism but this movie was right out coming out with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISTLIKE View Post
    There was even a scene than had me thinkin de ja vu.... because it was depicting Jesus in the wilderness being tempted by Satan, I'm not kidding you... I was like where have I seen or read about this before... yep the voodoo dr was saying I'll give you everything if you'll just.... ah , I can see the movies of disney before like kinda hiding the symbolism but this movie was right out coming out with it!!!
    Sign of the times that they no longer feel the need to hide it? We must in response contend for our faith in this world and show Disney films for what they are.

HeWhoHuntsforSouls Guest

Wow.........

Tweety Bird Guest

Walt was also 33d mason

Wildfire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IMSAVED View Post
    Their is a new kids movie out now called "Princess and the Frog". Their is alot of voo-doo and dark spirituality in the movie. Why is disney making their childrens movies with all this occult stuff in it? Well I do know why.
    Is there Fairy Godmother in Cinderella any better? Sorcery is sorcery. They've always had it in their films for the past 80 years.
    Last edited by Anddra; February 6th, 2010 at 04:03 AM.

TheRedeemer Guest

I've heard that this movie has voodoo and whatnot in it, but I still would like to see it anyway. I was a kid in the 90s, so I grew up with all of those classic Disney flicks, like Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc., and I'm glad they're finally returning to the traditional animation that I loved back in the day.

Disney HAS used "dark" themes in the past. It's really nothing new. Watch this clip from Fantasia (which came out in 1940): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE I think this is a beautiful work of art, but it absolutely terrified me as a kid. My mom would always have to stop the video tape when this part came on. This is probably more questionable than the stuff in Princess and the Frog (though, I could wrong, since I haven't seen it yet).