Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable News Sources

carolina_guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StarofDavid View Post
    I don't want to read something that isn't all truth, and turn around and pass the info. to a friend or a church member. It could get rather embarassing if it were to happen often.
    quite embarrassing indeed. me and WND haven't been friends since.

RobertB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by big wave View Post
    Hal has been using debka and wnd as of late
    Not just as of late. HL has quoted Debka going back quite some time. He doesn't even bother to check their lack of veracity, nor sensationalism, nor speculation....at least he hasn't over the last few years.

Sundial Guest

I respect the work of Ken Timmerman whose work appears in Newsmax and other publications. He is a thorough investigative reporter.

Thank you mods for a great job...

carolina_guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    I respect the work of Ken Timmerman whose work appears in Newsmax and other publications. He is a thorough investigative reporter.
    no doubt Newsmax has good commentary, but not everything therein can be taken credibly. best to not use it as a primary source when reporting news is all.

Quote Originally Posted by StarofDavid View Post
    I'm so happy the moderators are doing such a great job trying too keep the tabloid stuff off this board. I don't want to read something that isn't all truth, and turn around and pass the info. to a friend or a church member. It could get rather embarassing if it were to happen often. People would really think I'm all doom and gloom. and flipped my lid! Thanks again Mods.
    I couldn't agree more!

Just this morning I was reading something on another Christian website that deals with end time events and prophesy. A sight I had respected.

It had several articles from EU Times which I found disturbing and unbelievable, which now leaves me questioning the veracity and credibility of the site and it's operators. It was a major disappointment.

Reporting sensationalist pap as news and truth makes us appear to be gullible fools.

Thank you Mod's!

Lvanett Guest

Thanx for the info...good to know in case I get an email from someone with an article from one of those sites. I have friends and relatives who send links to stuff from questionable sources.

Also, I agree this should be stickied.

Sure you can read the L.A Times if you want "truth"

Teotwawki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
    Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

eutimes
    WND (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    Newsmax (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    DebkaFile (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    Prisonplanet
    infowars

This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.
    How about MSNBC?

Robert Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
    Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

eutimes
    WND (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    Newsmax (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    DebkaFile (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    Prisonplanet
    infowars

This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.
    Thank you, C_G.

We had this problem at RF as well; too many people were taking the reports at face value without corroborating the news reports. WND, NewsMax And DebkaFile tend to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doom).

Something for everyone out there in RR to keep in mind: if you find a news story, ALWAYS Google the headline. You will find that in many cases, the story is "parroted" from another source. In the case of FUD, it comes via a series of different sources which can usually be backtracked to conspiracy nuts who play who like to feed garbage out to the masses to get them going. Genuine news stories are usually on major sites and have corroboration.

As for Prisonplanet and Infowars, those sites are Alex Jones' sites. This guy is NOTORIOUS for spreading FUD all over the place, and tries to "substantiate" his stories with flimsy stuff. You're better off avoiding his sites altogether; you are NOT going to get the truth from there.

Here is a list of names of people you are better off avoiding:

Michael Salla

Sorcha Faal

Alex Jones

David Icke

Lindsay Williams

David Wilkerson

David Rense

Texe Marrs

Hal Turner

Last Trumpet Ministries

Steve Quayle

Vincent Xavier

If you track a story back to its' source, and see these names in connection to them, chances are it's garbage.
    Last edited by iSong6:3; December 24th, 2009 at 09:59 AM.

carolina_guy Guest

well said, Robert.

carolina_guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teotwawki View Post
    How about MSNBC?
    as long as it ain't Oberman or Matthews.

how about Pravda.....

carolina_guy Guest

rreighe Guest

david wilkerson? i've always trusted him... i've heard some of his sermons... i'm not saying your wrong i just dont understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by rreighe View Post
    david wilkerson? i've always trusted him... i've heard some of his sermons... i'm not saying your wrong i just dont understand why.
    Failed prophecy ...
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

tfcrew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by icebear View Post
    how about Pravda.....
    For readers not familiar with the language...pravda is Russian for 'the truth'

Stan In CA Guest

Understand why these are questionable but in my mind EVERY source is questionable. Debka is used by my local radio station from time to time in the news and on a talk show (am) and is quoted frequently. World Net Daily is just a blog of blogs..but take a news source like CNN (Biased to the left), FoxNews (Biased to the right), CNBC (Far out there!) I don't trust ANY of them lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan In CA View Post
    Understand why these are questionable but in my mind EVERY source is questionable. Debka is used by my local radio station from time to time in the news and on a talk show (am) and is quoted frequently. World Net Daily is just a blog of blogs..but take a news source like CNN (Biased to the left), FoxNews (Biased to the right), CNBC (Far out there!) I don't trust ANY of them lol...
    There is a valid point here; many news sites can be biased or have an agenda. We should always use discernment when posting any links. That said, some tend to be a lot less reliable than others and some are not news sites at all although they may purport to be.
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Quote Originally Posted by rreighe View Post
    Do a Search on him here. He and his failed prophecies - which he clearly claimed were from the Lord - have been discussed often. Trusting you'll understand.