Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable News Sources

Stan In CA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post
    There is a valid point here; many news sites can be biased or have an agenda. We should always use discernment when posting any links. That said, some tend to be a lot less reliable than others and some are not news sites at all although they may purport to be.
    Then why not put every news agency on the list? OR Why not put nothing on the list? This is what confuses me. Sure, I'm more than willing to follow the rules and have really bit my lip a few times, but if there can be some credibility to these sources and more or less on others than why not we be allowed to post them so us informed posters can find links/evidence to offer up a rebutal of confirmation or discrediting. Some of the sources on the list I personally find credible. Not fully credible by any means but nonetheless sources not listed here can be just as unreliable as those on the list....well anyway...I like it here so I will go by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan In CA View Post
    Then why not put every news agency on the list? OR Why not put nothing on the list? This is what confuses me. Sure, I'm more than willing to follow the rules and have really bit my lip a few times, but if there can be some credibility to these sources and more or less on others than why not we be allowed to post them so us informed posters can find links/evidence to offer up a rebutal of confirmation or discrediting. Some of the sources on the list I personally find credible. Not fully credible by any means but nonetheless sources not listed here can be just as unreliable as those on the list....well anyway...I like it here so I will go by the rules.

The message we are trying to get across is that some sites are not to be linked to (these are listed) but that does not mean that sites we have not listed will be necessarily be OK. We are asking members to bear in mind the purpose of this message board and use discernment when posting links to articles from other sites. Every member has a responsibility for the testimony provided by this message board.
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

WarGamer Guest

I've always thought that the NYT and all of the so-called "Big Three" news network sites should be no-go's as well. I'd especially steer clear of MSNBC and alot of Reuter's stuff. Reuters has had some problems doctoring photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan In CA View Post
    ...I like it here so I will go by the rules.

It's not really about bias, Stan. More like the propensity of these particular outlets using unsubstantiated rumors and lunacy, and posing it as real news. I guess you'll have to bite your lip again.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

ripcoard Guest

I dont start many threads at all I just had to comment on this. I read most of the news everyday on RR news of the day a large amount of thier articles are from the sites you tell us not to use or have other sources that backup the articles content which RR doesnt do. I love RR and have told hundreds of my friends and co-workers and my customers about RR so dont think I am trying to be a troublemaker because I am not. There appears to be a double standard and I would like to understand what I am missing by this sticky. To tell you the truth WND to me is entertaining but seems very tabloid to me also. Please when you get a second explain to me why RR can post these articles and we cant.

QUOTE=carolina_guy;1628696]Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

eutimes
    WND (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    Newsmax (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    DebkaFile (ok if substantiated by other sources)
    Prisonplanet
    infowars

This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.[/QUOTE]

SefT9xnY

carolina_guy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ripcoard View Post
    I dont start many threads at all I just had to comment on this. I read most of the news everyday on RR news of the day a large amount of thier articles are from the sites you tell us not to use or have other sources that backup the articles content which RR doesnt do. I love RR and have told hundreds of my friends and co-workers and my customers about RR so dont think I am trying to be a troublemaker because I am not. There appears to be a double standard and I would like to understand what I am missing by this sticky. To tell you the truth WND to me is entertaining but seems very tabloid to me also. Please when you get a second explain to me why RR can post these articles and we cant.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
    Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

eutimes
    Prisonplanet
    infowars

This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.
    SefT9xnY
    Simply put, they are two separate entities.

TeXaCo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    More like the propensity of these particular outlets using unsubstantiated rumors and lunacy, and posing it as real news.
    I'm not arguing with any rule, I just thought it funny because you just described MSNBC and CNN to a T

Sundial Guest

I'd like to quote the National Enquirer since they have a pulse on the state of our culture.

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo View Post
    I'm not arguing with any rule, I just thought it funny because you just described MSNBC and CNN to a T
    I'm happy I gave you a funny.

When they are as bad as the others listed, we'll add them to the list.

What is more concerning for me, is that I've seen the moderators here ask politely and nicely, over the course of months, and its thrown back in their face, usually with a 'tude. Is this typical behavior of a christian?
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Another to add to the list of unacceptable *news* sources ...

Zero Hedge
    Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

WarGamer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HeIsEnough View Post
    I'm happy I gave you a funny.

When they are as bad as the others listed, we'll add them to the list.
    I would argue that they are much worse than those listed.

I think that CNN and the big three networks did a HUGE disservice to the country in their horrible reporting of the Iraq liberation, their extremely biased reporting is worse than Baghdad Bob. I would go so far as to say that NYT has a good deal of American soldier blood on their hands.

rreighe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iSong6:3 View Post
    Do a Search on him here. He and his failed prophecies - which he clearly claimed were from the Lord - have been discussed often. Trusting you'll understand.
    ohh. ok i get it

Revelation 3:10 Guest

How come it's all conservative sites on the blacklist but no liberal sites? I thought this was a conservative board...

Robert Guest

We know to stay away from the liberal ones...

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 3:10 View Post
    How come it's all conservative sites on the blacklist but no liberal sites? I thought this was a conservative board...
    Because the ultra far right can be far worse than the mainstream lefties.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Revelation 3:10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve53 View Post
    Because the ultra far right can be far worse than the mainstream lefties.
    I prefer the ultra far right over mainstream centrists and even a moderate conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    We know to stay away from the liberal ones...
    yep
    should be common sense

Quote Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
    Please do not use the following links as news sources for reporting breaking news or other material:

eutimes
    Prisonplanet
    infowars
    Zero Hedge
    The Sun (UK)

This list is subject to change and at the discretion of the moderator team.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

carolina_guy Guest

I prefer the ultra far right over mainstream centrists and even a moderate conservatives
    So you prefer misinformation over misinformation? Alarmist over bias? Tin foil over half-truth?

Neither is good.

ultra far right is Aryanism

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

cocopea9052 Guest

Mods

Can someone tell me if this is a blog, or a news-site- and if so-- is it acceptable?

Pamela Geller - Atlas Shrugs

Thanks much!
    Last edited by Anddra; April 1st, 2010 at 03:08 AM.