Thread: Haitian Voodoo and Catholicism

jc513 Guest

Pray Haitian Voodoo and Catholicism

With the news of the tragedy in Haiti, voodoo is being brought up in the news. I am not familiar with voodoo, other than what is displayed in Hollywood, such as "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Marked for Death" and so forth. In one of the newscast they were talking about how many of the Haitian Catholics also practice voodoo. It was mentioned that voodoo is the nation of Haiti's official religion. I pray for the Haitians during this tragedy, and hope they can meet a missionary aide worker who can introduce them to the TRUE PHYSICIAN that they so much need.

OED40 Guest

Christina Guest

It is very similar to Santeria (African Voodoo roots). They believe in animal and child sacrifices. They believe in being able to curse people. The link at Wiki is a very accurate depiction of what Haitian Voodoo consists of. It's very dark and satanic. We think that some of the cults we see here in NA are pretty dark (such as gothic cults, etc...) they are nothing compared to Voodoo or Santeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Vodou

They actually do believe in zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by jc513 View Post
    With the news of the tragedy in Haiti, voodoo is being brought up in the news. I am not familiar with voodoo, other than what is displayed in Hollywood, such as "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Marked for Death" and so forth. In one of the newscast they were talking about how many of the Haitian Catholics also practice voodoo. It was mentioned that voodoo is the nation of Haiti's official religion. I pray for the Haitians during this tragedy, and hope they can meet a missionary aide worker who can introduce them to the TRUE PHYSICIAN that they so much need.
    A guy from here Lauderdale (MS) just got to Haiti on a Mission trip the day before the quake and thats the last time his family heard from him. Hopefully it is because all the communications have obviously been disrupted to say the least. Please pray for him and his family during this time.
    Romans 10:17 (King James Version)

17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

God bless!!!!!!!!!!!!

I visited Haiti in 1984, and when I was there a missionary told us you couldn't understand the Haitian mindset without understanding voodoo. Someone who practices voodoo is always seeing signs everywhere--a world full of omens. I had no personal experience with voodoo while there except for 1 weird occurrence. I was in a store and a person there was visibly spooked by my blue eyes. (I guess that would fall into the omen thing).

Praying for the believers in Haiti to be filled with the Holy Spirit as they reach out to help those in need.

silent one Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    Uhoh, calling Mr. Mann........

It’s always so sad to see so many suffering. But if there was ever a country that needed to turn to the one and only true God it would be Haiti. There's a common saying about Haiti, “that Haitians are 70 percent Catholic, 30 percent Protestant, and 100 percent voodoo.” Let’s pray they start Repenting and putting their Faith in Jesus alone. Only God can take a tragedy of this magnitude and turn it into Glory for His kingdom. Have Mercy Lord…
    Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Meg Guest

There's a little more to it than just "believing in zombies", Caligal. There's some kind of fish toxin that makes people deeply comatose when used on someone. They select a victim, poison him or her, and I believe go as far as burying them. Then they dig up the victim, revive them and enslave them. I don't know all the facts, but this has been investigated and proven, I think it causes permanent brain damage. Really ugly stuff there... It gets worse too, with the way they mistreat their fellow citizens...

The Movie Serprent and the Rainbow explain everything the voodo is all about and how evil it is

Default Praying in agreement wtih you jc513

Quote Originally Posted by jc513 View Post

I would like to encourage others to pray with us for these precious people whom God sent His Son, Jesus to die for their sins too!

The topic mentions Catholics.
    In the original settlement of Hispanola, the Spanish clergy would introduce the beatification of the mother of Jesus. This fit well into the queen mother beliefs of Santeria [mentioned earlier]
    Reported yesterday on [O'Reilly] ...since 1993, over $50 billion has been poured into Haiti..not one cent can be accounted for.
    The best thing one in Haiti can do..is get out of there.
    It will get very ugly.
    KARL

"..receiving the word with all readiness of mind and searching the scriptures daily to see if these things are so."
    Acts 17;11

"I am the Good Shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me."
    Jn 10;14

"Let no one judge you in respect of an holy day or of the sabbath day." Col 2;16

Yes, they do. There was even a man in Haiti that claimed to be a zombie. Relatives said he was dead, and buried him, but he crawled out of the grave and is among the living again. Of course, doctors and a TV show went to Haiti, and ran tests on him, and concluded.........the man was never actually dead. I know, shocker, huh!?

God I'm sure has been calling these people to Himself time and time again.

Praying for God's mercy.

Would we be shocked if researching voodoo in Haiti that homosexual acts are
    involved in this religion? I would invite you to check out voodoo in Haiti and see
    the following page concerning gay,homosexual. Remember this is the country
    where there was/is a large percentage of AIDS? These people need many missionaries and pastors. We received an e-mail saying hundreds of pastors have died in this earthquake.
    Please pray for labors for souls!

Quote Originally Posted by trandraskell View Post
    The Movie Serprent and the Rainbow explain everything the voodo is all about and how evil it is
    I saw that movie along time ago. May have to see it again after all the talk about voodo this week. On second though I had better not watch it.

Meg Guest

This stuff is pretty harsh. I don't get TV any more, so I'm a little slow to catch up on these things... I've been watching some of the CNN video, and people down there have broken legs and serious injuries, but there's no medical supplies. Even unpleasant people deserve better than that...