Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Robertson on Haiti

Rob83 Guest

Doh! Pat Robertson on Haiti

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/hai...ion=cnn_latest

Unbelievable how this guy runs his mouth. I'm so ashamed of him. He gives Christians a bad reputation. And this isn't the first time either. He wrongly predicted the end of the world back in the 80's and two failed predictions involving natural disasters and terror attacks for 2006 and 2007.

I pray ( being in the position of leadership that he is ) that he wises up and learns how to control his tongue.

SPYDYR Guest

He's the fulfillment of a prophecy though.

There will be many false teachers and prophets.

Can someone give me the rundown on what he says in the link? I've had to give up my good computer and this one.... well it stinks.

SPYDYR Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 6stringedsignseeker View Post
    Can someone give me the rundown on what he says in the link? I've had to give up my good computer and this one.... well it stinks.
    He says the earthquake was their punishment for voodoo. That sums it up quite well.

I agree completely. His statements just give nonbelievers more fuel to rail against Christians. But, as importantly, his statements cause an incredible amount of pain to people who are already in pain and many who are questioning God's presence in situations like this.

peaceseeker Guest

Poor Pat. Will he never learn?

OED40 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    I agree completely. His statements just give nonbelievers more fuel to rail against Christians. But, as importantly, his statements cause an incredible amount of pain to people who are already in pain and many who are questioning God's presence in situations like this.
    Another way the devil further deceives the lost. Very sad.

Pat is a false teacher? This is news to me!

Christina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Robinbobbin View Post
    Exactly. One more piece of ammunition for non-believers to use against us.

Remember these scriptures also vengeance is mine saith The Lord I will repay. God is not going to tolerate evil forever. He is a God of love and he also shows he has wrath. This is what is going to happen in the tribulation period. Evil will not prevail. People reap what they sow. When you start messing with child and animal sacrifices you are inviting demonic forces. Nothing good will come out of that except being able to tell people how to be saved.

NewWorldOrder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDYR View Post
    He says the earthquake was their punishment for voodoo. That sums it up quite well.
    Not quite. He said that God is punishing them for making a pact with the devil when Napoleon was occupying Haiti. Supposedly they told Satan, at the time, that they would serve him if he got rid of the French and ever since they have been riddled with problems.

I'm more of the opinion, that God is trying to get their attention, and get them to cry out to Him, not what Robertson is saying.

Ok, I read it. Well, I hadn't watched the 700 Club in about a week.
    True, he can't know this. I'm not sure just yet what to think.
    But this infers some kind of "judgment" from God and that is false teaching,
    certainly. There's no way he can state this with 100% accuracy.

I am of the opinion that this is the least of the problem. Non believers
    don't need any ammunition do they? I mean, most have a biased view
    of any TV preacher. There isn't anything a TV preacher is going to say/do
    that a non-believer is going to be ok with. Even if it lines up perfectly
    with the Word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Exactly. One more piece of ammunition for non-believers to use against us.

Sons of Thunder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDYR View Post
    That really irks me...giving mostly non-Christians the wrong impression. God loves all those people and God is not pouring out His wrath yet. We are still under the Age of Grace. The earth is in trevail waiting for redemption. Why does Pat think all natural disasters are from God/judgement from God?

I can't stand it when people say that these things are God's judgement...what about the thousands of christians there? the missionaries there? the pride and arrogance of Christians is what gives the rest of us a bad name...
    Last edited by iSong6:3; January 14th, 2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Rule #14

Quote Originally Posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
    Not quite. He said that God is punishing them for making a pact with the devil when Napoleon was occupying Haiti. Supposedly they told Satan, at the time, that they would serve him if he got rid of the French and ever since they have been riddled with problems.

I'm more of the opinion, that God is trying to get their attention, and get them to cry out to Him, not what Robertson is saying.
    If the "pact with the devil" was true, how on earth would Pat R. know this?

And, let's say, everything Pat R. said on today's show was true, what is his purpose for broadcasting such a vicious, insensitive statement at this time of extreme tragedy??

I do not understand that man.

ginseng
    Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy flight!

NewWorldOrder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ginseng View Post
    If the "pact with the devil" was true, how on earth would Pat R. know this?

And, let's say, everything Pat R. said on today's show was true, what is his purpose for broadcasting such a vicious, insensitive statement at this time of extreme tragedy??

I do not understand that man.

ginseng
    Pat is a false prophet. He likes the sound of his own voice, and considers himself to be wise. Don't listen to him.

With the fall of man, the earth became imperfect/unstable..earthquakes, hurricanes, etc...We will see God's mercy and goodness through this horrible tragedy because He is Good! I wish Pat would have used his influence and his own money to reach out and help instead of being devisive in such a time. I have been personally witnessing to a lady who has a negative view of Christians because of people like him who make such statements and predicts things that don't come true. His statement is going to justify her thinking and we are back to square one.

Miss Bobbie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Thunder View Post
    Why does Pat think all natural disasters are from God/judgement from God?
    My understanding is that God allows these disasters to happen, which I don't necessarily believe to be judgment at this point in time. Am I wrong on this?

NewWorldOrder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    With the fall of man, the earth became imperfect/unstable..earthquakes, hurricanes, etc...We will see God's mercy and goodness through this horrible tragedy because He is Good! I wish Pat would have used his influence and his own money to reach out and help instead of being devisive in such a time. I have been personally witnessing to a lady who has a negative view of Christians because of people like him who make such statements and predicts things that don't come true. His statement is going to justify her thinking and we are back to square one.
    Your friend is using that as an excuse. She needs to go to the Bible to see what Christ is like, and not rely on people to for that.