Thread: Minnesota Vikings or Dallas Cowboys

Default Minnesota Vikings or Dallas Cowboys

Vikings for me

PaperPhantom Guest

Vikings to win it all. You could (rightly) argue New Orleans has the best offense, but out of all the teams that remain, I think the Vikings have the best overall team.

I guess it all comes down to how Favre and Peterson perform...

I am pulling for the Vikings. I would like to see them represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and the Chargers the AFC.
    John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

The playoffs in the NFL are a totally different animal than the regular season. I think The Vikings have more "Play Makers" in Favre, Peterson, and Rice. Romo has been known to have bad playoff games and if he is having a bad game that kinda of takes Miles Austin and Roy Williams out of the equation somewhat. I think Minnesota utilizes their playmakers and keeps Dallas in check. Whether you win by 3 or 17 it doesn't matter, you are just looking to advance.

A lot depends on Jessica Simpson being at the game or not.

Always go with the underdogs in the playoffs.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

I lived in MN for 47 years, I live now in OR, I've been a Vikings fan sense about 1970. This is the year they go all the way.

If Favre does take them all the way to the Super Bowl and they do win, he should get out while the gettin's good. That body can't take much more even for a tough guy like him. He is gonna play one too many years and some rookie from LSU that weighs 360 pounds is gonna land wrong on his leg and he will walk with a limp for the rest of his life. If you win it this year Bret, retire before you seriouly get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by john boland View Post
    If Favre does take them all the way to the Super Bowl and they do win, he should get out while the gettin's good. That body can't take much more even for a tough guy like him. He is gonna play one too many years and some rookie from LSU that weighs 360 pounds is gonna land wrong on his leg and he will walk with a limp for the rest of his life. If you win it this year Bret, retire before you seriouly get hurt.
    Yeah, he will need to hang it up. But WOW what a career

This is a tough one for me because I'm a fan of both teams, I've loved Minnesota Vikings for years, even when they weren't doing so good. But I'm a huge Cowboy's fan as well, and they're the home team. This game is actually a nightmare scenario for me because I don't want to root for one and not the other lol. Man.... I was hoping they wouldn't meet each other in the playoffs lol! The Vike's have looked great all year, and Favre is playing some of the best football of his career despite his age (I think he's got a few more years in him yet) They've got a solid offense and a solid defense. But the Boy's have really come along in the end of the season, putting a stop to all the "Cowboy's can't win in December" talk, and carried themselves well into back to back wins against the Eagles, ending the playoff hopes for the Eagles in their second meeting. Although the Vikings have a good offensive line, they do break apart allowing the rush from time to time leaving Favre vulnerable. That being said DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer have been piling on the sacks, after Ware's scary neck injury that left everyone wondering if his carreer was over. Yet he came back a week later and the Boy's have been on fire ever since. Despite the Viking's better win record over the season, I don't think they'll hold up to the Cowboy's explosive Defense. That being said, I hope to see ONE of these teams in the Super Bowl lol and I probably won't root for either team. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the game.
    “Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”- Colossians 3:12

Ok... the game turned out the total opposite of my above post. I'm bummed for the Cowboys but I'm expecting the Vikings will bring the pain down on New Orleans.
    “Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”- Colossians 3:12

New Orleans will be their biggest challenge yet but I think they'll do it.

The Cowboy's were able to beat New Orleans, ruining thier perfect season late in the season. Look what Minnesota just did to the 'Boys. I'm sure it will be a tough game but I'm bettin on the Vikings.

GAB Guest

The Evil Cowboys(TM) were beaten today like a drum solo from an angry man.

Sleepy little town in southern North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by GAB View Post
    The Evil Cowboys(TM) were beaten today like a drum solo from an angry man.
    That is too cool! I wish I had said that........

Munkh Guest

Been a Viking fan since early 70's we are due to win one. GO VIKINGS

alco Guest

Brees on the ground/ Brees on the ground/ Jared Allen in your face/ Brees on the ground!

Default Saints will win

Been a saints fan my whole life (39 years). We will win tomorrow, count on it. If we don't however, I live near where Favre was born so I will pull for the Vikes to win the Super Bowl.

WHO DAT, WHO DAT, WHO DAT SAY GONE BEAT DEM' SAINTS!!
    I'm nobody telling everybody about somebody that is able to save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by 6stringedsignseeker View Post
    The Cowboy's were able to beat New Orleans, ruining thier perfect season late in the season. Look what Minnesota just did to the 'Boys. I'm sure it will be a tough game but I'm bettin on the Vikings.

On the flip side of that, the Cardinals just whipped up on the vikes late in the season and the Saints destroyed the Cards last weekend. None of the regular season stats matter at this point, everyone has a clean slate.

WHO DAT SAY GONE BEAT DEM' SAINTS!!
    I'm nobody telling everybody about somebody that is able to save anybody.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

not much a football fan but since I am a Omaha North High grad (my old school's is the Vikings)

guess I would root for the Minnesota Vikings (rooting for Vikings at fooball is my thing when it comes to football
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)