Thread: U.S. official: We want to boost Syria ties

Default U.S. official: We want to boost Syria ties

U.S. official: We want to boost Syria ties

Assistant Secretary of State for Public Affairs in the United States, Philip J. Crowley, said Saturday that the decision to send an envoy to Syria reflects a growing interest in strengthening bilateral ties with the country.

"The decision reflects our growing interest in working constructively with Syria and the leaders of that country," Crowley said regarding the recent announcement that Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Bill Burns will travel to the Middle Eastern country next week.

Burns is due to travel to Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Azerbaijan and will meet with both Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri and Syrian President Bashar Assad.
    entire article:
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1149426.html

With friends like that who needs enemies.

Default It probably

is in the US's interest.

My guess is our government thinks Israel is going to fall and it wants to make sure we are on the right side. I have to admit it makes me sick...just having read about the aid to Lebanon, our government selling this country down the tubes, indebting us so we can never climb out. I am so glad I have a savior that paid the only debt I have to be concerned about!

The truth is, the US and the rest of the world is going to fall. The US is on the wrong side. But since we aren't a Christian nation, it is only fitting that we support nations to destroy God's chosen. We have ungodly leaders that have no integrity and our culture is in moral decay. Yet, way too many have not a clue as to what is really going on biblically.

When a nation embraces all false religions, when God is kicked out of our schools, home, and courts, and out of our life and deny His existence, what can we expect? When even the Christians voted for someone who was for abortions, and partial birth abortions to make it even worse, that believes in gay marriage and mocked God, and our leaders vote for providing abortions throughout the world, why would we expect anything else?

Too many voted for their pocket book. God told us we can't serve Him and mammon. But God told us if His people that are called by His name would humble themselves, He would heal their land.

Sounds to me like a lot of our problems are because of lukewarm Chrisitans, following doctrines that tickle their ears and serve their pocketbooks. Let gays marry. Who cares what our children are taught or even don't tell me what to let my children watch on TV or what games they can play, etc.

Father, we are so lost. Please bring us back to you, into a closer relationship. We know you didn't move, nor did you change, but it has been our fleshly desires that have been leading us astray, following after watered down doctorine to tickle our ears. Father, forgive us. We are a sinful people, a nation that has forsaken your word. We ask for forgiveness and the healing of our land. Please strengthen us as we seek your righteousness in these last days while we await your return. Help us to love the lost. Help us to proclaim you. Father we know you are light. Shine your light upon us as we walk in this dark world. Keep us on the narrow path of your righteousness. In Jesus name. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by M4EVERHIS View Post
    is in the US's interest.

My guess is our government thinks Israel is going to fall and it wants to make sure we are on the right side. I have to admit it makes me sick...just having read about the aid to Lebanon, our government selling this country down the tubes, indebting us so we can never climb out. I am so glad I have a savior that paid the only debt I have to be concerned about!

The truth is, the US and the rest of the world is going to fall. The US is on the wrong side. But since we aren't a Christian nation, it is only fitting that we support nations to destroy God's chosen. We have ungodly leaders that have no integrity and our culture is in moral decay. Yet, way too many have not a clue as to what is really going on biblically.

When a nation embraces all false religions, when God is kicked out of our schools, home, and courts, and out of our life and deny His existence, what can we expect? When even the Christians voted for someone who was for abortions, and partial birth abortions to make it even worse, that believes in gay marriage and mocked God, and our leaders vote for providing abortions throughout the world, why would we expect anything else?

Too many voted for their pocket book. God told us we can't serve Him and mammon. But God told us if His people that are called by His name would humble themselves, He would heal their land.

Sounds to me like a lot of our problems are because of lukewarm Chrisitans, following doctrines that tickle their ears and serve their pocketbooks. Let gays marry. Who cares what our children are taught or even don't tell me what to let my children watch on TV or what games they can play, etc.

Father, we are so lost. Please bring us back to you, into a closer relationship. We know you didn't move, nor did you change, but it has been our fleshly desires that have been leading us astray, following after watered down doctorine to tickle our ears. Father, forgive us. We are a sinful people, a nation that has forsaken your word. We ask for forgiveness and the healing of our land. Please strengthen us as we seek your righteousness in these last days while we await your return. Help us to love the lost. Help us to proclaim you. Father we know you are light. Shine your light upon us as we walk in this dark world. Keep us on the narrow path of your righteousness. In Jesus name. Amen
    Great post and so very true. People will reap what they sow. God will protect Israel, and I those who are not saved will see the truth about this world and accept the gift of salvation before it is too late.