Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the gospel reached everyone?

Default Has the gospel reached everyone?

My father made a comment to me earlier today that in the Bible it says that Jesus will not come back until everyone here on earth has an opportunity to come to Jesus Christ. I know we can reach many people now by tv, internet, missionaries, etc. But I wonder how close we are to reaching everyone. Any thoughts on this? Where would I find this in the Bible?

Default You are looking for....

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Keep in mind, when Jesus stated the 'end shall come', to whom he was talking to and what their original questions were. He was speaking to Jews about things already knew from the Older Testament. He is referring to the 2nd Coming, not the rapture as some people assume. Rev 7 talks about the 144000 jewish witnesses that bring an untold number of souls to salvation. I think this acts as corroboration for the Matt verse.

Open to alternate/opposing views.....
    Sola Scriptura - Scripture Alone
    Solus Christus - Christ Alone
    Sola Gratia - Grace Alone
    Sola Fide - Faith Alone
    Soli Deo Gloria - The Glory of God Alone

Found the scripture reference: Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then the end shall come.

Are we there yet?

cocopea9052 Guest

Jesus-4Ever

You know I saw on another thread where this was discussed in detail, that is probably archived now, that many believe this is not for the Rapture but for his second coming. That when the two witnesses preach it will be seen world wide as well as their murder.

Anyone?

Never mind, just what eternal said!

I agree with you eternal. Thanks for reminding me about the 144,000 witness that will save numerous souls before Jesus' 2nd coming.

Makes sense to me! Otherwise, why would God have the two witnesses and the 144000 Jewish missionaries carry this out? Even so, I think we ARE close to evangelizing the whole world, thanks to TV, internet, books & bibles, and of course, missionaries.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelf View Post
    Makes sense to me! Otherwise, why would God have the two witnesses and the 144000 Jewish missionaries carry this out? Even so, I think we ARE close to evangelizing the whole world, thanks to TV, internet, books & bibles, and of course, missionaries.
    In Revelation it also tells us that Angels are sent out with the gospel in the second half of the Tribulation throughout the World. So there is no chance of anyone missing out by the time all these methods of gospel preaching have been employed. Not even the isolated Tribes in the Amazon will miss out on hearing the gospel message.

REV 14:6 Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth--to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."

REV 14:8 A second angel followed and said, "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries."

REV 14:9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, 10 he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name." 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

Christina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jesus4ever View Post
    Found the scripture reference: Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then the end shall come.

Are we there yet?
    This verse is speaking of the Second Coming, not of the Rapture. If it were speaking of the Rapture then that would mean that all who are going to come to Christ would do so before the Rapture because all would have heard, however, we know that there will be people saved during the Tribulation (Tribulation Saints) which means the full proclamation will be made during the Tribulation. As another poster mentioned (Mitsy I think) Angels will fly to all four corners of the earth and throughout the Heavens (our "dimension") to proclaim the Gospel (along with the 2 witnesses and the 144,000 sealed, so that all have heard and THEN shall the Son of Man appear.

There is nothing that has to happen for the Rapture to come, it is imminent.
    Last edited by Christina; February 16th, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the Bible... just like people thinking that Eve ate an apple. Or that the Lion lays down with the Lamb...

Matthew 24:14 is a CLEAR reference to the 2nd coming of Jesus, NOT when Jesus calls his church in the rapture.

In fact, here is the clearest point in scripture that says EXACTLY when everyone on earth will hear the Gospel!

Revelation 14:6-7
    Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

Share this with you friends, let them know that the rapture is imminent and that at one point an Angel will proclaim the Gospel to the world... not man.
    Things aren't falling apart, the Lord is having them fall into place!

I agree with all those who say that Matthew 24:14 is referring to the tribulation period before His Second Coming.

Matthew 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    The "gospel of the kingdom" is preached during the trib.
    Last edited by acceptedintheBeloved; February 16th, 2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: added a thought

carolina_guy Guest

Romans 11:25

25I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.

It won't be until after the full number of Gentiles has come in that the church will be raptured and all focus will be turned to Israel and her reconciliation back to the Messiah.

I was walking on the campus of the University of Oklahoma and I saw a building with a sign saying Wycliff Translators. I went in and ask them about there work. They said there goal was to produce one of the gospel messages to every language. I ask how it was going, they said they were about half way. I believe this was in the early 1980's. They have since moved to California (I believe). I 'm curious with the advancement in communications where they are at now.
    Another thing that amazes me how different countries who were opposed the the gospel has had there doors open to it at least for a time. Examples Russia and China. It was posted on another thread that 165,000 christians were killed, mostly in Muslim countries. Unfortunitly that seems to be the price that has to be paid for the gospel to make inroads into these countries.

John Hagee says that this verse has been fulfilled as of right now because the verse does NOT say it has to be preached to ALL PEOPLE...just ALL NATIONS.

John Hagee's show, as well as TBN, have been broadcast WORLDWIDE for several years now, so this is fulfilled. It has BEEN preached to all nations!!

NOTHING has to happen before the Rapture; as the other poster said, IT IS IMMINENT!!!!!!!!

Christ is preached in every nation.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Absolutely agree with Mitsy and MROD. The angels will relay the Gospel message to all people, not the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by jesus4ever View Post
    My father made a comment to me earlier today that in the Bible it says that Jesus will not come back until everyone here on earth has an opportunity to come to Jesus Christ. I know we can reach many people now by tv, internet, missionaries, etc. But I wonder how close we are to reaching everyone. Any thoughts on this? Where would I find this in the Bible?
    Yes, as some already have said, it refers to the 2nd Coming... The Rapture doesn't depend on anything to happen for it is imminent.... and can happen at any moment...
    Thank you, God, for my salvation!

This has been a great thread! I have always wondered about all this!
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
    Joshua 1:9

Something occurred to me as I was reading through this thread and the responses.

The Rapture will not begin the Tribulation. The covenant with the AntiChrist will begin with the Tribulation. The Rapture is imminent, and nothing else has to happen for it to occur, and not only do we not know when it will happen, but we do not know what space of time will occur between the Rapture of the church and the signing of the covenant.

The next thing that popped into my mind is the verse that the Lord will send a strong delusion (2 Thes. 2:11) to those who would not believe. I sent an email to Daymond Duck following an article he wrote a couple of months ago about this very thing. I asked him about this---if the rapture occurred, the article was stating that say my unbelieving neighbor down the street whose wife is a believer disappeared along with his three very young children.....would that not drive him to his knees to repent and accept Christ? We went through the scripture in detail, which really did seem to indictate that he would not do this because of the Lord sending a strong delusion BECAUSE they refused to believe the truth and so be saved and (v 12) " in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness." I said that I hoped that would not be the case, but when taken in the context of what Paul says in Romans about the full number of Gentile believers to form the church that the Rapture would take place, would that mean that there could be a time where the Gospel is not preached until the two witnesses and the 144,000 begin their ministry? If you work your way through that 2 Thes. verse and back up a bit, we see that Paul is talking about the AntiChrist.

Does anyone have scriptural supported thoughts on my question and wonderings?

If the Gospel will be preached after the Rapture of the church, and we know that it will and how throughout the Tribulation, what about the time between the Rapture of the church and those Tribulation ministries? Is there any evidence in scripture to show us how much time is between the Rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation other than the two passages about it being like the days of Noah and Lot? To me, those speak to that time period as very short---the Lord send the flood the day the ark door was shut and destroyed S&G as soon as Lot had left the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Jesus View Post
    John Hagee says that this verse has been fulfilled as of right now because the verse does NOT say it has to be preached to ALL PEOPLE...just ALL NATIONS.

John Hagee's show, as well as TBN, have been broadcast WORLDWIDE for several years now, so this is fulfilled. It has BEEN preached to all nations!!

NOTHING has to happen before the Rapture; as the other poster said, IT IS IMMINENT!!!!!!!!
    That gives me goosebumps!
    The joy of the Lord is my strength

This doesn't answer my question or the one in the title of the thread, but it's definitely worth digging into.

Complements of RR and Thomas Ice:

http://www.raptureready.com/featured...ibulation.html