Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: human population during tribulation

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    467

    Default human population during tribulation

    God said He will make men as scarce as the gold of Ophir during the Trib.

    According to the Human Population Clock on the RR Homepage, it's approx 6.75 billion today.

    If there is an army of 200 million, that sounds like a lot of people.

    Can someone please explain the meaning of mankind's scarcity according to that Scripture?

  2. #2
    cocopea9052 Guest

    Default

    Prairedog,

    I'm sorry I don't know, but wow!....this is such a good question, and one I never heard before-- so I am bumping it in hopes you receive a reply.


  3. #3
    SavedByGrace! Guest

    Default

    Maybe b/c of the bowls and seals being broken? Alot of lives will be lost b/c of the devastation. Also, the Rapture will remove alot of people. Good question.

  4. #4
    AmyZan Guest

    Default

    200 million may seem like a lot of people, but it is only 3% of 6.75 billion. so, that is quite scarce if that's all the people left in the world.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    14,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prairiedog View Post
    If there is an army of 200 million, that sounds like a lot of people.
    The army of 200 million are demons, not people.
    Tall Timbers

  6. #6
    PaGirl Guest

    Default

    Rev. 9:15 And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour and a day and a year for to slay the third part of men. When doing a study on Revelation...under a Calvary Chapel pastor he said after the 6th seal... 1/2 of the world's population left behind would be dead...but I don't know how one can figure out an exact number.

  7. #7
    cocopea9052 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    The army of 200 million are demons, not people.
    Tall,

    Wow, okay I missed that. I know it's in Revelation, but where?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prairiedog View Post
    God said He will make men as scarce as the gold of Ophir during the Trib.

    According to the Human Population Clock on the RR Homepage, it's approx 6.75 billion today.

    If there is an army of 200 million, that sounds like a lot of people.

    Can someone please explain the meaning of mankind's scarcity according to that Scripture?
    Not sure what are you asking here? You don't understand "HOW?" God will make manking scarce during the Trib?

    Because a Third of Mankind is wiped out in Chapter 9 of Revelation. That is in one go. Certainly many die just from all the plagues, lack of food, harsh conditions and of course the AC I'm sure kills of many people as well. However God Himself does enough to really dessimate the population of mankind on Earth during the Trib.

    I hope this answers you question.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, California
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cocopea9052 View Post
    Tall,

    Wow, okay I missed that. I know it's in Revelation, but where?
    "Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them. And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone. By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed; by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents, having heads; and with them they do harm."

    Revelation 9:16-19

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Megan, What translation is that?

    Rev 9:16
    16 And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.
    KJV

    Two hundred thousand thousand is 200,000,000

    Tall Timbers,
    I'm not so sure it's demons as it says "horsemen". Those people who say all prophecy have been fulfilled, preterists, stumble all over this one because even today there are only two entities that could assemble such an army, China, or an islamic force from many countries.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

  11. #11
    MrMannn Guest

    Default

    Once the trib starts a quarter of the earth's population dies right off the bat. This is the four horsemen of the apocalypse: the first four judgments, the AC, war, famine, and plague.
    add the continual toll of world wide earthquakes and other judgments and you'll have serious depopulation.

    Those who do survive will likely gather under the AC's protection.

    Whats more frightening than the death toll, happens durring the 2nd half of the trib. Men will be so afraid/yet still unrepentant/ that they will attempt to kill themselves but God will refuse to let them die...
    To me, that is far more frightening.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Texas, USA
    Posts
    3,015

    Cross

    Quote Originally Posted by prairiedog View Post
    God said He will make men as scarce as the gold of Ophir during the Trib.

    According to the Human Population Clock on the RR Homepage, it's approx 6.75 billion today.

    If there is an army of 200 million, that sounds like a lot of people.

    Can someone please explain the meaning of mankind's scarcity according to that Scripture?
    I don't know how scarce the gold of Ophir is, but it seems that scripture tells us that 2/3 of the population of the world or more will be killed during the tribulation. Two-thirds of 6.75 billion leaves 2.25 billion alive, which is more than enough for several very large armies. However, 2.25 billion (if there are that many left) all over the world doesn't seem like a lot to me. Perhaps the inference is more to value of, than quantity of.... Also, I don't know the biblical reference for your statement: "God said...". Will you share it? Thanks.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    14,907

    Default

    I'll put together something regarding the 200 million demon army soon as I have a little free time. Or maybe somebody will beat me to it. The man-made notion of a 200 million man army from the East is not scriptural. Something to think about in the meantime... for anyone who has some background in logistics... do you think it possible that man or satan could compile a 200 million man army and logistically support that army, on the move?
    Tall Timbers

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Nanny State
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol1948 View Post
    Perhaps the inference is more to value of, than quantity of.... Also, I don't know the biblical reference for your statement: "God said...". Will you share it? Thanks.
    Isaiah 13:12
    I looked at my KJV translation again, & perhaps I am mistaken.
    It seems to imply quality.

    Sorry for my mistake.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMannn View Post
    Once the trib starts a quarter of the earth's population dies right off the bat. This is the four horsemen of the apocalypse: the first four judgments, the AC, war, famine, and plague.
    add the continual toll of world wide earthquakes and other judgments and you'll have serious depopulation.

    Those who do survive will likely gather under the AC's protection.

    Whats more frightening than the death toll, happens durring the 2nd half of the trib. Men will be so afraid/yet still unrepentant/ that they will attempt to kill themselves but God will refuse to let them die...
    To me, that is far more frightening.
    Thanks for that Mr Mann I couldn't find the verses to back it up (the one quarter of mankind is wiped out at the start in Rev 6:7-8).

    So one quater to start with and later one third there is a mention of a very bad earthquake killing many as well. Of course people are probably dying as a result of the harsh judgements coming down on them anyway. I can imagine the Earth's population will be quite small by the end of the Trib.

    Now another thing that isn't God killing off mankind in judgement but even before the Trib starts we have the Rapture so the Earth's population will have been decreased greatly to start off with.

    Almost forgot. Then there are the Ezekiel wars, surely quite a few are killed in that conflict.

    6.57 billion? that is a very large number.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Mr Mannn
    Men will be so afraid/yet still unrepentant/ that they will attempt to kill themselves but God will refuse to let them die...
    To me, that is far more frightening.
    Frightening indeed. I've always wondered about the verse that says woe to pregnant woman in those days. Why such a warning?
    Also, the one that specifically says "those who were beheaded".
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    Abraham Lincoln

  17. #17
    rreighe Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carol1948 View Post
    I don't know how scarce the gold of Ophir is, but it seems that scripture tells us that 2/3 of the population of the world or more will be killed during the tribulation. Two-thirds of 6.75 billion leaves 2.25 billion alive, which is more than enough for several very large armies. However, 2.25 billion (if there are that many left) all over the world doesn't seem like a lot to me. Perhaps the inference is more to value of, than quantity of.... Also, I don't know the biblical reference for your statement: "God said...". Will you share it? Thanks.
    yeah but your leaving out the countless saved souls that get raptured, and also the many who die in plane wrecks and car wrecks RIGHT after... id estemate at least 2 - 4 billion because there has been reports of muslims having dreams about God, indicating that there is A LOT MORE saved people than we have thought. i can't point out the link just yet but if i find it than i will.

    so lets say 3 bill are saved, then that would leave 1 bill by the end.


    Whats more frightening than the death toll, happens durring the 2nd half of the trib. Men will be so afraid/yet still unrepentant/ that they will attempt to kill themselves but God will refuse to let them die...
    yeah thats crazy. i've always wondered why, like the motive for why God would not let them die, but it just hit me, that he is protecting the few that WILL get saved ya know. yeah its a small bit but still i believe some will get saved because of that.... i can't elaborate just yet but yeah

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I'll put together something regarding the 200 million demon army soon as I have a little free time. Or maybe somebody will beat me to it. The man-made notion of a 200 million man army from the East is not scriptural. Something to think about in the meantime... for anyone who has some background in logistics... do you think it possible that man or satan could compile a 200 million man army and logistically support that army, on the move?
    Seems only last week or so I listened to Hal Lindsey talking about the rise of China (and these days India too, it seems) and how their female infanticide practices will have them end up with a huge surplus of young men without brides who would be willing recruits for a 200 million man army.

    For what it's worth, I sincerely hope and pray it's an army of demons and not flesh and blood men from China. Men without wives and without hope, looking only to slaughter and be slaughtered in turn.

  19. #19
    MrMannn Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rreighe View Post
    Whats more frightening than the death toll, happens durring the 2nd half of the trib. Men will be so afraid/yet still unrepentant/ that they will attempt to kill themselves but God will refuse to let them die...

    yeah thats crazy. i've always wondered why, like the motive for why God would not let them die,
    I always looked it as part of a punishment. This happens during the Great Tribulation in the 2nd half. Its like God won't allow an easy way out. A man can jump off a building, shatter every bone in his body, and still. not. die! That's a horrifying judgment to me.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I'll put together something regarding the 200 million demon army soon as I have a little free time. Or maybe somebody will beat me to it. The man-made notion of a 200 million man army from the East is not scriptural. Something to think about in the meantime... for anyone who has some background in logistics... do you think it possible that man or satan could compile a 200 million man army and logistically support that army, on the move?
    I agree. You're always telling people to read "In the Footsteps of the Messiah," where Fruchtenbaum describes this army being a demonic army. When I read that in the book I was amazed that I had never heard that before, but when you read the description of the horsemen it's obvious John wasn't describing men. Fruchtenbaum also states that "kings of the east" isn't a reference to the far east (e.g., China, India, etc.), but rather it's referring to the eastern ME.
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
    Joshua 1:9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •