View Poll Results: What is/are your least favorite vegetable(s)?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Peas

11 15.94%
  • 2. Lima beans

18 26.09%
  • 3. Okra

22 31.88%
  • 4. Radishes, turnips

17 24.64%
  • 5. Peppers (green, red, chili, etc.)

5 7.25%
  • 6. Asparagus

13 18.84%
  • 7. Brussel sprouts

34 49.28%
  • 8. Eggplant

19 27.54%
  • 9. Collard, kale, mustard greens

18 26.09%
  • 10. Squash

12 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Vegetable Poll

Quote Originally Posted by MezzerClaw View Post
    Not a huge fan of beggies, but I will eat some like carrots or green beans in lottsa butter.
    Beggies??? Are those related to barfoofs?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by HisMusician View Post
    I like to use green peppers but red or yellow peppers could be used. Then you cut the thing into four slices, like bread and fill it with ham, cheese, or nuts. It makes a pretty good snack!
    Interesting. I like stuffed bell peppers. I guess it's sort of the same principle, only not cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Atavist View Post
    My only food is meat.*
    Plants are what food eats.:heh

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    It's delicious fried, but fried foods aren't good for me, so I seldom have fried okra.
    So, is it not slimy if it is fried?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

What I wanna know is how many of the okra-hating people are Southerners. Gumbo, stewed okra with shrimp, fried okra, and yes even boiled okra, are some of my absolute favorite dishes. I'm shocked to see it's got a 48% hate-rate. I was sure that would be asparagus!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    Beggies??? Are those related to barfoofs?
    Yup! that's what we eat in Barfoofville!

Quote Originally Posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
    What I wanna know is how many of the okra-hating people are Southerners. Gumbo, stewed okra with shrimp, fried okra, and yes even boiled okra, are some of my absolute favorite dishes. I'm shocked to see it's got a 48% hate-rate. I was sure that would be asparagus!
    I am not a Southerner. My daughter and I were shopping once and she wanted to know what okra was, so I bought some so she could try it. She took ONE bite. For some reason she lost interest after that.

So, did I cook it wrong? (I boiled it) Is there a way to cook it where it isn't slimy?

______

jc513 Guest

Is this a trick question aren't squash and peppers fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    I am not a Southerner. My daughter and I were shopping once and she wanted to know what okra was, so I bought some so she could try it. She took ONE bite. For some reason she lost interest after that.

So, did I cook it wrong? (I boiled it) Is there a way to cook it where it isn't slimy?
    I'll give you a pass. Even my aunt is just starting to like okra after 58 years. Strange that she nevertheless cooks some of the best stewed okra on the planet.

I'm not much of a cook. Stewed okra is stir fried on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet until the diced okra, spicy tomatoes, shrimp, ham, onions, etc. sweats down into a dry stew. It's still a little slimy.

Fried okra is battered and deep fried. It's not so slimy at all but it's only good hot and fresh.

MrMannn Guest

OK, here is my BAD list:
    Peas, Lima Beans, Squash, and radishes. I'll eat pretty much everything else, but I do demand that an animal die for my every meal.

Meg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrMannn View Post
    OK, here is my BAD list:
    Peas, Lima Beans, Squash, and radishes. I'll eat pretty much everything else, but I do demand that an animal die for my every meal.
    Thx Mr Mannn, now I'm gonna have a guilt trip every time I look at a cheeseburger!

Quote Originally Posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
    I'll give you a pass. Even my aunt is just starting to like okra after 58 years. Strange that she nevertheless cooks some of the best stewed okra on the planet.

I'm not much of a cook. Stewed okra is stir fried on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet until the diced okra, spicy tomatoes, shrimp, ham, onions, etc. sweats down into a dry stew. It's still a little slimy.

Fried okra is battered and deep fried. It's not so slimy at all but it's only good hot and fresh.
    Okay CLJ--thanks for explaining

______

MrMannn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Thx Mr Mannn, now I'm gonna have a guilt trip every time I look at a cheeseburger!
    Get a BACON cheese burger...TWO animals died for that meal!
    or get a super sub sandwich with beef, ham AND turkey...THREE!
    after a day like that, you'll get hate mail from PETA.

Meg Guest

!!!

Meg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Momma D View Post
    okra...too slimy!
    What she said.
    One Day He's Coming! Oh Glorious Day!

Meg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MezzerClaw View Post

silent one Guest

You forgots spinach! I hates spinach.

I didn't even have to think about this one. Brussels sprouts are the worse in my book.
    John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

cocopea9052 Guest

Tiger

....pies, fruits....veggies....

Tiger, are you hungry? Are you getting enough to eat?

And yes-- Brussels sprouts is like eating little green balls of dirt.....YUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by silent one View Post
    You forgots spinach! I hates spinach.
    Yes, I DID forget spinach! Popeye would be sorely disappointed in us both!

______