Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher to God: Stand Aside for ObamaCare

Mad Bill Maher to God: Stand Aside for ObamaCare

March 17, 2010
    Bill Maher to God: Stand Aside for ObamaCare
    By Stuart Schwartz
    The way Bill Maher sees it, resistance to ObamaCare is all God's fault. Why? Because so many people believe in this [mod edit - foreign vile term] who lives in the clouds...and this belief, in turn, intensifies opposition to ObamaCare.

This leftist social critic, anti-Christian crusader, and HBO comedy show host warned God at the end of last week to back off, to allow smart people like himself and Barack Obama and the New York Times editorial board to push the God-fearing "ignoramuses" aside this week and take control of the nation's health care.

He told this to "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" guest host Lawrence O'Donnell on MS-NBC. Although mainstream media didn't provide us with God's reaction (God is a hopeless conservative, persona non grata for legacy networks and newspapers), Maher most certainly cheered the three viewers in the audience of the NBC news cable operation, who had taken time off from pecking out obscenities on the Daily Kos website to get a dose of leftist smarts.

Welcome to the world of Bill Maher. He urges the "vicious, horrible character" known as God, who is less real than the "lint that lives in my navel," to stand aside while Obama and Pelosi and Reid "scare the American people" into ObamaCare. Maher added his voice to the progressive chorus urging the president to "go gangsta" on the majority of Americans, who, as our president put it, still cling to God and guns.

Enough about human dignity and "inherent" God-given rights! What business does a Christian, a "Wal-Mart shopper who resurfaces driveways with [his] brother-in-law," have questioning a Harvard-trained president who, assisted by our media and political elites, has put together a cradle-to-grave health care system? Rights?! To people who have that "neurological disorder" known as religion, whose belief in God "stops [them] from thinking"?

For Maher, God is behind the mass stupidity of the American people. Or rather, it's belief in God, a fairy tale that refuses to go away. Obamacare, in which educated atheists make decisions for the God-fearing masses, Maher says, will be the biggest step our elites can take to fix the stupidity emanating from religious America.

God is the reason why these "idiots" dare defy Barack Obama, the Democrats, and the media and entertainment elite. Were it not for belief, these Christians and Jews and plumbers and waitresses, each an individual who "disgusts me," would stay out of the health care debate, leaving it to their evolved betters.

more here : http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/...and_aside.html

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by iSong6:3; March 18th, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Christina Guest

Last edited by Christina; March 17th, 2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: edited so as not to offend futurehope

NotAlone Guest

PATHETIC man! Tell me honestly, are we supposed to pray for him? He really nauseates me!

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by NotAlone View Post
    PATHETIC man! Tell me honestly, are we supposed to pray for him? He really nauseates me!
    Who among us is without sin?

Bill Maher needs our prayers.

Imagine the witness of a devout atheist such as Maher turning to, and then proclaiming Christ Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by steve53 View Post

Imagine the witness of a devout atheist such as Maher turning to, and then proclaiming Christ Jesus as his Lord and Saviour.
    Imagine the witness for God of a blaspheming loud-mouth atheist like Maher dropping dead while on national TV. Now that might get even more attention for El Elyon. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

I am reminded of this:

Then they called on the name of Baal from morning till noon. "O Baal, answer us!" they shouted. But there was no response; no one answered. And they danced around the alter they had made.
    At noon, Elijah began to taunt them. "Shout louder!" he said. "Surely he is a god! Perhaps he is deep in thought, or busy, or traveling. Maybe he is asleep and must be awakened."

(At evening, Elijah had enough of this fiasco, and ordered that the alter he made for our GOD be doused with water 3 times and said this):

"O Lord, God of Abraham..., and Isaac..., and Jacob..., and Israel...
    let it be known today that You are GOD in Israel, and that I am Your servant, and have done all these things at Your command. Answer me, O God, and that You are turning their hearts back again."

Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice: the wood, the stones, the soil, and the water
    in the trench.

This time around, it won't be just a fire consuming an alter; it will be God's wrath poured out on mankind. Bill Mahre doesn't know who he is messing with. He better wise up, just like Ahab did, and recognize who is soverign over all.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Maher claims to be a agnostic but is someone who IMO is angry at GOD really

we need to pray for Mr. Maher
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Quote Originally Posted by steve53 View Post

yes remember Paul in the scriptures as a great example.
    In God I Trust

NotAlone Guest

Steve is right of course, and I did pray for Bill Maher, which wasn't easy because I really liked what Carol posted more.

Paul definetly is a great example, saved by Grace! And let's hope, cts racing, that Bill and many others like him do wise up while there's still time.

You might be right, billiefan. In the article, I couldn't help but notice that he was talking to God. Warning him to back off and to stand aside.

I thought about vs 4 in Psalm 2. He who sits in the heavens shall laugh.

Welcome to the world of Bill Maher. He urges the "vicious, horrible character" known as God, who is less real than the "lint that lives in my navel,"
    Would like to see a video link or article link quoting Maher on saying that. I wouldn't be surprised that he said it, but for documentation purposes if anybody knows where to find it. Youtube, maybe?

Default Ron4Jesus

Being from a Jewish background, I can tell you that the word Mr. Maher used to describe God (I will not repeat the word), should NOT be on this forum. I do not care what the man said, but I do not think this should be discussed either. The word is highly offensive in normal use, and off the charts when put in the same sentence with God. I realize you do not know how offensive this is, so I'm telling you.
    Jesus saith unto him, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father but by me." John 14:6

JohnSays Guest

I'm not angry.

Bill will learn soon.

Quote Originally Posted by futurehope View Post
    Being from a Jewish background, I can tell you that the word Mr. Maher used to describe God (I will not repeat the word), should NOT be on this forum. I do not care what the man said, but I do not think this should be discussed either. The word is highly offensive in normal use, and off the charts when put in the same sentence with God. I realize you do not know how offensive this is, so I'm telling you.
    Thank you. I looked the word up in the dictionary and you are right. It is off the charts offensive...and the word should not be used on this board. I was personally unaware of the meaning of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by futurehope View Post
    My father told me what that word meant one day. I think it's probably what you're alluding to, and yes, with Maher being Jewish, he would also know what it means.

Colloquially, it means a "stupid person" but there is the other meaning, too, apparently in the Yiddish(?) roots.

cocopea9052 Guest

My oh my......

Yes, any negative term or adjective used to describe or refer to God is offensive. I've heard worse from my atheist ex.....But I would not be surprised to learn that it is not the names folks call God that hurt him, but the fact that they do not "call out" to him....One day these people are going to have to stand before God, and while I don't know this for a fact, I just really think that everything they said will be repeated back to them, but in their own voices....talk about haunting.....

Christina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cocopea9052 View Post
    My oh my......

Yes, any negative term or adjective used to describe or refer to God is offensive. I've heard worse from my atheist ex.....But I would not be surprised to learn that it is not the names folks call God that hurt him, but the fact that they do not "call out" to him....One day these people are going to have to stand before God, and while I don't know this for a fact, I just really think that everything they said will be repeated back to them, but in their own voices....talk about haunting.....
    .....and they will live with the regret for all ETERNITY. They will regret rejecting God's free gift of salvation and regret all the negative thoughts or names they corelated with God.

Romans 14:10-12 (King James Version)
    for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
    11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
    12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
    He has clearly rejected God. Sad. Why is he so angry at Him though?

He is going to regret one day his faith and trust in Obama and the government elite and rejection(its not unbelief) of God.
    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Quote Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
    Maher claims to be a agnostic but is someone who IMO is angry at GOD really

we need to pray for Mr. Maher
    Atheists and agnostics are very angry at the God they refuse to acknowledge

they even made up the term misotheist which actually describes themselves

all 3 are from the same tree

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Christina Guest

In my books either you believe or you don't, there is not grey area for me. Just like you're either saved or you aren't, there is no in-between.