Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: NEW Drugs come out Sign Of the times

  1. #1
    downloaddan Guest

    Default NEW Drugs come out Sign Of the times

    Its a sign of the times that new drugs come out the latest one being Mephedrone:

    Mephedrone to be made Class B drug 'within weeks'

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592103.stm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, California
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Oh, just wonderful. Just what we need, more drugs.

  3. #3
    downloaddan Guest

    Default

    Chinese To Produce New 'Legal Highs'
    Sky News probe into "legal highs" has uncovered the chain of supply from Chinese chemical factories to British dealers - and discovered plans to outsmart the UK authorities if they ban the drug mephedrone

    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100329/...s-45dbed5.html

    drugs is the same as WITCHCRAFT its in the bible so Witchcraft is being promoted with the drugs!

  4. #4
    Christina Guest

    Default

    Drugs is the same as witchcraft? Can you provide scripture for this since you say it's in the Bible?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Missing Bubba. Loving Elsa Rose...
    Posts
    14,976

    Default

    downloaddan is overstating the case, IMO.

    The word 'sorcery' (witchcraft) is used as a translation of the Greek word 'pharmakeia'. 'Sorcery' is the use of drugs in conjunction with idol worship and not equivalent to taking drugs as medicines. 'Recreational use' lies somewhere between the two.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  6. #6
    downloaddan Guest

    Default

    Drugs have a Proven Connection with Sorcery and Witchcraft


    Revelation 21:8 “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”


    According to W.E. Vine’s expository dictionary of New Testament Words (page 1074), the word SORCERY comes from a Greek word, PHARMAKIA - used as a noun, it “signifies a sorcerer,” one who uses drugs, potions, spells, enchantments, as in Rev. 21:8.


    The english word for drugs, pharmacy, comes from this same root. Drugs and potions have traditionally been used in witchcraft and satanic rituals to induce deeper subconscious states which enable persons to have fellowship and communication with demons. Realizing the satanic relationship with drug use helps us to understand why abusers of drugs experience such bondage and depravation. No where in the Bible or in history have drugs been used to bring people closer to God - they have always been used in relation to bringing people closer to evil powers and demonic influences.


    WHY DO We call them WITCH Doctors?

  7. #7
    Christina Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downloaddan View Post
    Drugs have a Proven Connection with Sorcery and Witchcraft


    Revelation 21:8 “But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”


    According to W.E. Vine’s expository dictionary of New Testament Words (page 1074), the word SORCERY comes from a Greek word, PHARMAKIA - used as a noun, it “signifies a sorcerer,” one who uses drugs, potions, spells, enchantments, as in Rev. 21:8.


    The english word for drugs, pharmacy, comes from this same root. Drugs and potions have traditionally been used in witchcraft and satanic rituals to induce deeper subconscious states which enable persons to have fellowship and communication with demons. Realizing the satanic relationship with drug use helps us to understand why abusers of drugs experience such bondage and depravation. No where in the Bible or in history have drugs been used to bring people closer to God - they have always been used in relation to bringing people closer to evil powers and demonic influences.


    WHY DO We call them WITCH Doctors?
    Okay but these drugs that you're referencing in your opening post (not to mention perscribed drugs for illnesses), are they being promoted for the use that you mention above or are they being promoted for pharmaceutical use? You need to make the distinction because not all "drugs" are for sorcery or meant for that use.

  8. #8
    downloaddan Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Okay but these drugs that you're referencing in your opening post (not to mention perscribed drugs for illnesses), are they being promoted for the use that you mention above or are they being promoted for pharmaceutical use? You need to make the distinction because not all "drugs" are for sorcery or meant for that use.
    the drugs i am talking about are the bad drugs that get you wasted and are illigal

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Does G-d say any drugs are particularly good for us? I mean, I have a pharmaceutical drug I take- but I'd be more inclined to think it was my weakness of faith as opposed to something that is bringing glory to G-d.

    Michael

  10. #10
    downloaddan Guest

    Default

    the pope smokes dope
    just kidding but people have been saying drugs are good for a long time. even people with health problems say back pain some want to get Weed from the doctor to "help" them get through the pain.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Barfoofville
    Posts
    9,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by downloaddan View Post
    the pope smokes dope
    just kidding but people have been saying drugs are good for a long time. even people with health problems say back pain some want to get Weed from the doctor to "help" them get through the pain.
    dude, drugs are a very good thing, when used properly to heal, you ever had an infection, and you cured it with medicine? Does that make you a witch doctor? Hardly.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,722

    Default

    pharmakeia (pharmacy) and astrology (astronomy) were both separated by empirical science and generally safe for use today, depending upon your circumstances.

    Class B drugs are not for christian practice



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,435

    Default

    A hammer can be used to hit a nail into a piece of wood or hit a persons skull and injuring or killing them.

    So is the hammer an evil tool of death?

    NO the person who is weilding the hammer determines the use of the tool.

    The hammer itself is just a tool.

    Drugs are the same as the hammer a tool. They are not in themselves witchcraft or wicked. It is how they are used that determines their effect on a person.

  14. #14
    Christina Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XMichaelX View Post
    Does G-d say any drugs are particularly good for us? I mean, I have a pharmaceutical drug I take- but I'd be more inclined to think it was my weakness of faith as opposed to something that is bringing glory to G-d.

    Michael
    Your post reminds me of the guy sitting on the roof of his house after flood waters rise above the door of the house and he's praying for God to save him. A guy comes by in a boat and asks the guy if he can help him and he says "no, my God will save me"....another guy comes by in another boat and asks him the same thing and again he repeats the same "no, my God will save me".....then the third guy in a boat comes by and again asks the man on the roof if he can help him and again for a third time the man on the roof says "no, my God will save me".....well the guy ends up drowning and when he gets to Heaven he asks the Lord "Lord, why didn't you save me?" and the Lord says "I sent you 3 men in 3 boats, what more did you want!".......lol

    God works in different ways. He gives doctors the knowledge and wisdom to operate, he gives scientists and chemists the knowledge to know how to make specific drugs for specific illnesses. I wouldn't be to quick to think that we're always supposed to turn down all help because God is going to take care of it....for all you know, the medication you receive may be God's answer to your illness.

    That also reminds me of the mother who refused her child medical attention because she said God was going to heal her child.............well, her daughter died while waiting for much needed medical attention that could have saved her life. God's Hand doesn't have to be directly involved, sometimes it's a matter of His Hand guiding you to the doctor who has the knowledge.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    largo, FL
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MezzerClaw View Post
    dude, drugs are a very good thing, when used properly to heal, you ever had an infection, and you cured it with medicine? Does that make you a witch doctor? Hardly.
    I absolutely LOVE your quote about a woman's heart!!


    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Barfoofville
    Posts
    9,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbressler1976 View Post
    I absolutely LOVE your quote about a woman's heart!!
    thanks!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,945

    Default

    This may be a little off the subject, but now that socialized medicine has passed I don't think there will be very many new drugs of any kind developed. I'm not defending some of the practices of the drug companies, but they are going to be charged millions if not billions of dollars in new fees and taxes. There won't be any money left for research and development of new drugs.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The United State of Texas
    Posts
    27,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherrimae View Post
    T There won't be any money left for research and development of new drugs.
    correct
    no incentive for any innovation



    Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

  19. #19
    cocopea9052 Guest

    Default

    5 Stars? Okay, that would make for a good drug joke...but I won't going there.

    But I would like to add, recently I read where there is some type of flower that the kids here chew on to get high. The police has advised the homeowner whose yard (one of them anyway) it grows in to pull them all up. I posted a thread about a while back, and a few folks knew what they were talking about, but I have never in all my life heard of a flower one can pick and chew on it to get high. Wondering if it is something that some pharmaceuticals use to make a drug-- and somehow is growing in everyday neighborhoods?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chesapeake Beach, MD
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    actually there are many drugs that come from flowers ( or directly from plants and fungi) that cause hallucinatory or euphoric effect...

    The poppy, if it's bulb is split/sliced at the right time will form a "healing chemical" to close the incision..this is what heroine, morphin etc are made from...

    Belladonna, nightshade, hemlock..if used in modicum amounts so that the poison threshold is not crossed-- has been used for ages for halucinatory affect and fortune telling and visions..

    The flowering bud from the Peyote Cactus in the desert is an extreme hypnotic called mescaline which the Indians used on their Spirit Quests

    Many modern day wiccans use "magic mushrooms" which have the chemical pschilyciban--a potent hallucinogen..

    Now kids have recently discovered that even the beautiful little morning glory flower/vines..if eaten in quantity can cause intoxication and hallucination..

    In the end it doesn't really matter the substance...if a person is dying for escape from their thoughts, they'll even huff paint or sniff gasoline until the O2 in the brain is eaten up and the resulting cellular death causes a "high feeling"...

    The drugs or chemicals that God created are never the problem..it is a lost mankind who is searching for something outside of themselves to fill a void and looking in all of the wrong places..........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •