Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: I am furious with what I saw on TV last night!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    580

    Mad I am furious with what I saw on TV last night!

    I was channel surfing and sometimes I stop on EWTN to see what catholics are saying. Well they had a post abortion show. An elderly woman called in. She was the last call of the night. She expressed that she was sorrowful over an abortion she had many years ago and that she has been doing all she can to offset that sin. She was not sure if she had done all she can and was hopeful that God would forgive her despite all the works she had done. The priest basically felt her guilt and work she had done was sufficient. They then closed the show with prayer. The prayer was done through Mary and then they recited the rosary!!!!!! Yes I said the prayer was made through Mary. They have completely replaced Jesus.

    I was furious that they have helped lead this woman to hell if she does not hear the gospel preached and respond before her death. I just cried and prayed for that lady, that someone would reach herwith the gospel. And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,964

    Default

    So sorry you had to see that, but that is the RCC

    It is so good to see you posting.

    ing for you,


    Ann
    Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

    2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

    Too Blessed to be depressed!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between here and there.
    Posts
    12,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.
    I believe it's even worse than that Scooby... I believe they have ELEVATED Mary above Jesus. After all, she is the "mother of God", "Queen of Heaven" and since she's His mother, she basically tells Jesus what to do.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)


    I'm a Navy mom.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boondocks of Arkansas
    Posts
    3,367

    Cry

    it is appalling that so many do not know the true way to eternal life.it's heart breaking.
    In God I Trust


  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I was channel surfing and sometimes I stop on EWTN to see what catholics are saying. Well they had a post abortion show. An elderly woman called in. She was the last call of the night. She expressed that she was sorrowful over an abortion she had many years ago and that she has been doing all she can to offset that sin. She was not sure if she had done all she can and was hopeful that God would forgive her despite all the works she had done. The priest basically felt her guilt and work she had done was sufficient. They then closed the show with prayer. The prayer was done through Mary and then they recited the rosary!!!!!! Yes I said the prayer was made through Mary. They have completely replaced Jesus.

    I was furious that they have helped lead this woman to hell if she does not hear the gospel preached and respond before her death. I just cried and prayed for that lady, that someone would reach herwith the gospel. And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.
    Let's pray: Jesus please remove the blinders from their eyes that they will see that You are the way the truth and the life. In your precious name Amen.

  6. #6
    Magog Guest

    Default

    I was recently having a "Discussion" with a catholic, actually, it was more of a debate. They actually believe that they aren't praying to Mary (though, that is what it really is), they believe that they are praying THROUGH Mary, and that Jesus has to listen to her, as he has to respect the commandment about honoring your father and mother. I tried every piece of scripture I could think of, and common sense with this person, and could not get her to see the light of day on the issue. They just can't see that they are praying to someone other than God, and they can't see that it is wrong. So deep is the indoctrination, that they seem to be blind to the truth. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the only thing left that I could do for this person is to pray. No matter what I presented to her, she responded with the catholics stance on that verse, not reading it, and seeing it for what it is. It was like arguing with a brick wall.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    I tried every piece of scripture I could think of, and common sense with this person, and could not get her to see the light of day on the issue.
    This person wants to be deceived.
    The Holy Spirit was certainly working to soften her heart, but she refused this time.
    It is the only explanation.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    705

    Default Magog...

    When having that discussion with a Roman Catholic just remember to speak the truth to them and do not shrink from the truth of saying that Roman Catholicism is in error. But always remember that there is a disconnect in many American Catholics minds. While they for the most part sign on wholeheartedly to the label and the liturgical style of Catholicism, do not understand their own condition in regards to the Gospel of Grace. They just don't know what they don't know! How will they accept the Gospel of Jesus unless we tell them.

    Jesus is the Son of God who was given for them that they would have eternal life with the Father. This is a free gift of God. A gift of grace that cannot be earned or worked for so that nobody can boast of their worthiness when compared with the infinite glory and power of Jesus. Free and complete. Jesus said it is finished, He meant it.

    Romanism replaced the trust that should be in Christ with a system and an oppressive man-made religiosity. Trust in your hand waving and your obedience and your repetitive prayers and your emotional convictions and your trappings of opulent religious splendor and your statues of dead clay or wood or your wearing of the scapular or your confessions to a unregenerate human or your churches long and inglorious history or your penance or your sacrifice......... See WHO is missing from Catholicism? They try to say it's all about Him but they are lying right out in the open with demonically inspired conviction. All these fleshy things are leading people to Christ? NO, NO a million times NO. A person needs the Holy Spirit and a broken will in full submission and repentance crying out to God. Jesus save me, Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Then and only then are their sins covered. The peace and sweet release of faith in Christ alone can reach the soul crying out in bondage. ONLY JESUS.

    To them the RCC makes perfect HUMAN sense. It is because they don't really know or trust in Jesus. If they knew Him, really knew Him instead of replacing Him with Romanism we wouldn't be having this discussion.


    Jeff

  9. #9
    His Bride Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magog View Post
    I was recently having a "Discussion" with a catholic, actually, it was more of a debate. They actually believe that they aren't praying to Mary (though, that is what it really is), they believe that they are praying THROUGH Mary, and that Jesus has to listen to her, as he has to respect the commandment about honoring your father and mother. I tried every piece of scripture I could think of, and common sense with this person, and could not get her to see the light of day on the issue. They just can't see that they are praying to someone other than God, and they can't see that it is wrong. So deep is the indoctrination, that they seem to be blind to the truth. I ended up coming to the conclusion that the only thing left that I could do for this person is to pray. No matter what I presented to her, she responded with the catholics stance on that verse, not reading it, and seeing it for what it is. It was like arguing with a brick wall.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelf View Post
    I believe it's even worse than that Scooby... I believe they have ELEVATED Mary above Jesus. After all, she is the "mother of God", "Queen of Heaven" and since she's His mother, she basically tells Jesus what to do.
    I was raised Catholic and I always thought that as a child. Honor thy mother and father, right?

    It is so sad that they have so twisted Gods Holy Word. This is what you get when you mix the gospel of Jesus with sinful man's traditions.

    Romans 16:17-18
    King James Version (KJV)

    Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Farmington, MO
    Posts
    2,041

    Default

    Reminds me of a time I landed on ETWN once. The one I dubbed "the evil-looking priest" was on talking again. He says "A Baptist minister friend of mine and I were talking one day and he spoke about how the rosary wasn't biblical... Of course WE know it is....". I had a few things to say that he, of course, didn't hear. But I would like to find where the buddhist/krishna prayer beads are BIBLICAL.

    Roman catholicism is nothing more than paganism with some "christian" thrown in to look like something it isn't. A conglomeration of paganistic rituals and practices that throw out Sola Scriptura.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

    A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

    What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

  12. #12
    LookingUplinda Guest

    Default

    good to see you posting Anita

  13. #13
    FrankBeMe Guest

    Default

    The chance to help that woman was missed many years ago. She is so guilt ridden, still wondering if she's done all she could through works. The RCC did NOTHING to help her.


    Side question--Magog--just wondering why you chose that for your nickname here

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Thanks Ann and Linda, glad to be back posting again too.

    This still breaks my heart and angers me at the same time. So many deceived people. So many going to hell. We have such a short time to spread the gospel. The leaders of the RCC are either self deceived or are deceivers. The bible is so clear on this issue.

  15. #15
    BBB Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosjeff View Post
    When having that discussion with a Roman Catholic just remember to speak the truth to them and do not shrink from the truth of saying that Roman Catholicism is in error. But always remember that there is a disconnect in many American Catholics minds. While they for the most part sign on wholeheartedly to the label and the liturgical style of Catholicism, do not understand their own condition in regards to the Gospel of Grace. They just don't know what they don't know! How will they accept the Gospel of Jesus unless we tell them.

    Jesus is the Son of God who was given for them that they would have eternal life with the Father. This is a free gift of God. A gift of grace that cannot be earned or worked for so that nobody can boast of their worthiness when compared with the infinite glory and power of Jesus. Free and complete. Jesus said it is finished, He meant it.

    Romanism replaced the trust that should be in Christ with a system and an oppressive man-made religiosity. Trust in your hand waving and your obedience and your repetitive prayers and your emotional convictions and your trappings of opulent religious splendor and your statues of dead clay or wood or your wearing of the scapular or your confessions to a unregenerate human or your churches long and inglorious history or your penance or your sacrifice......... See WHO is missing from Catholicism? They try to say it's all about Him but they are lying right out in the open with demonically inspired conviction. All these fleshy things are leading people to Christ? NO, NO a million times NO. A person needs the Holy Spirit and a broken will in full submission and repentance crying out to God. Jesus save me, Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. Then and only then are their sins covered. The peace and sweet release of faith in Christ alone can reach the soul crying out in bondage. ONLY JESUS.

    To them the RCC makes perfect HUMAN sense. It is because they don't really know or trust in Jesus. If they knew Him, really knew Him instead of replacing Him with Romanism we wouldn't be having this discussion.


    Jeff
    Xenosjeff,
    Once again, your post has made me cry.
    I don't know if you remember or not, but I too *discuss* with a very devout Catholic. A couple of friends and myself have not made any headway with her whatsoever, but of course that doesn't mean the Holy Spirit hasn't or won't someday. I'll never give up praying for her.
    I just wanted to give YOU some encouragement my brother. You have a very powerful testimony and I pray you live long and are able to witness to many Catholics before the Lord's return.
    God Bless You!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    8,524

    Default

    Here's my most recent experience with ETWN:

    I was flipping the channels around on TV the other day and somehow landed on the ETWN and listened to some Catholic Priest giving a talk. He said that he tells our "non-Catholic" friends that we don't worship Mary but in the 30 minutes I watched him speak he spent 29.5 minutes on Mary and how she was without natural sin, exalted above all, was the mother of God, and all the usual blasphemies that the RCC promotes. About half a minute was spent on Jesus.

    People need to understand that the Bible clearly says there is no other name under Heaven in which to be saved, but through Jesus Christ. Catholics are putting all their eggs into one basket labeled "Mary". There are going to be a lot of rude awakenings on judgment day. Jesus told the pharisees of his time that Moses would be the one that will condemn them, being they put their faith in Moses rather than in Jesus. The Catholics could end up being condemned by Mary for not putting their trust in Jesus. God is clear. Jesus is the only way!!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Posts
    8,524

    Default

    EWTN = Eternal Word Twisting Network

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    EWTN = Eternal Word Twisting Network
    I was raised in the Catholic church only until I was 12. I am now 49 and can still recite some of the "chantings", praying to the saints. How impressionable we are when we are young.

    Still remember holding my rosary, going to confession, my first communion, catechism classes, etc.

    We were praying to Mary 37 years ago and I still remember it. Thank God I have been saved for 20 years!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chesapeake Beach, MD
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I was channel surfing and sometimes I stop on EWTN to see what catholics are saying. Well they had a post abortion show. An elderly woman called in. She was the last call of the night. She expressed that she was sorrowful over an abortion she had many years ago and that she has been doing all she can to offset that sin. She was not sure if she had done all she can and was hopeful that God would forgive her despite all the works she had done. The priest basically felt her guilt and work SHE had done was sufficient. They then closed the show with prayer. The prayer was done through Mary and then they recited the rosary!!!!!! Yes I said the prayer was made through Mary. They have completely replaced Jesus.

    I was furious that they have helped lead this woman to hell if she does not hear the gospel preached and respond before her death. I just cried and prayed for that lady, that someone would reach herwith the gospel. And I am furious that the catholic church can be so bold as to replace Christ with Mary.
    Although the Mary thing is seriously disturbing, this particular aspect of Catholicism may be the most disturbing. The teaching of atonement through deeds and actions instead of through the redeeming blood of Christ Jesus ALONE. The ramifications of this type of belief is truly a Salvation Issue...many will come saying lord lord...and He will say He knew them not...

  20. #20
    Abishai Guest

    Default

    I spent yesterday morning witnessing to my wife's Grandma who was just recently widowed. She grew up in The Catholic Church (as I did) and now at the death of her husband she is seeking and looking for answers. So on returning to what she has known through-out her life she has been attending the CC. I took her scripturally through all the fallacies of the CC. She asked me a personally profound question, "Will the emptiness ever go away"? And I told her that with Jesus and Jesus alone you would have never had the emptiness to begin with and that with Jesus you would never have the emptiness again. Every Catholic life can be marked with having no personal relationship with Christ, no assurance of salvation, and an emptiness that is only occasionally filled with worldly objects or relationships that will soon be lost.

    I too am so frustrated by the deception of the false church. I pray for all those being deceived that God would give them eyes to see and ears to hear and they would come to the true saving faith that is found in Jesus Christ and in Jesus Christ alone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •