Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wage war with the saints

Quote Originally Posted by caligal View Post
    The christian spin they are putting on this is what bothers me the most.
    I agree and would add that this is one more peg in the wheel they will use for OWR.

Meg Guest

... Never mind. Anyone can claim to be a Christian, the real difference is in how we live our faith.

Well the liberal news media has already decided to put a slant on this story pegging Christians who believe in the Tribulation, ends times, rapture, etc... to be in the same category as these loons. They also have been using the word "Patriot" in a negative light to portray people who they are saying join these types of groups.

If the government is not accusing Christians the media sure is!

dynamicrealism Guest

We have no facts other than that given by the MSM. Knowing that they hate conservatives, it doesn't surprise me that they keep adding to the notion of "trying to kill cops". Innocent until proven guilty. They may have been just like the militia groups i know of around here. They prepare prepare prepare, all the while the govt. feels threatened even if no threats are made.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestMama View Post
    No, I don't believe they hold to Christian standards, and a true believer doesn't advocate killing anyone, especially those who serve our people.

However... that said...

It does concern me how a lot of articles about this are really stressing that this is a "Conservative Christian" group. A lot of people won't make the distinction between true conservative Christians and this sort of nonsense. There was a Yahoo! article I read, and the comments underneath were scary and saddening, talking about how the conservatives have become terrorists.

So could it end up being bad for us anyway, as public perception of "our kind" gets worse? Yeah, it's possible.
    they are going to use this to demonize real Christians.this could be used like the westboro "church" as a example.
    In God I Trust

LUVSLLAMAS Guest

Default Training for battle with the A/C

Guess this group wasn't planning on being raptured anytime soon. Jesus will be the only one doing battle with the A/C and his minions. Satan just has his irons in so many fires right now to further confuse the non-believers in these last days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Doesn't sound like hutaree are saints...

Quote Originally Posted by LUVSLLAMAS View Post
    Guess this group wasn't planning on being raptured anytime soon. Jesus will be the only one doing battle with the A/C and his minions. Satan just has his irons in so many fires right now to further confuse the non-believers in these last days.
    well,this is the harm created in a non biblical mid trib,post trib Rapture.sadly so many have bought into that lie.i was a member of another message board but they are pre wrath or midtrib.i don't post there any more.i even pulled up verses that support pre trib but i was mocked for my effort to show them the truth.
    In God I Trust

I don't think I get the logic behind a plan to attack and kill police officers and what that has to do with the Antichrist. Let's say that they believe Obama is the Antichrist because they haven't read their Bibles to see a timeline and are just (pardon me) morons......how would killing any local police lead at all lead to any kind of overthrowing of the federal government? That doesn't make any sense.

Of course, since most Christians won't open up Revelation or study prophecy because most churches don't see any reason to do so, most Christians won't know this sounds like a bunch of malarky. Sounds like the media or the government (feeding it to the media) is making things up, and there will not be much discernment anywhere at all.

So, instead of talking about when we might be raptured (now is cool with me though....no having to fold all that laundry or mop my kitchen and get to be with Jesus instead, WooHoo) maybe we should have more threads on discussing persecution for our faith in Christ.....

toBpleasing Guest

Irregardless of whether or not the 'claims' against this 'gun-group' are true, this gives the God-less, liberal media all they need to continue to bash and label christians, especially those that believe in the rapture, as deranged, even dangerous to the diversified public. But, the Lord let us all know this a long time ago that this was going to happen. Once satan succeeds at removing all fear and respect for the One True God in the unbelieving world, all of us true believers will be at risk. But, then again, I don't think that any of us believe our Lord's coming for us to be that far away....

Quote Originally Posted by cjean View Post
    When this was first happening, it was reported that the group was threatening Muslims. NOW it is said they were plotting to kill police. That is pretty nonsensical on it's face. I am not sure I believe it. Especially with the obvious attempts to paint the group as a Radical CHRISTIAN Militia group.

There is too great an effort to smear good people going on for me to take anything at it's face.
    I've been kind of wondering just how much of the story has been fabricated as well. I guess we'll find out when it goes to trial and we can hear what the accused statements are and we see some evidence... if we do hear or see anything. I just find it odd that with all the liberals attacking conservative christians trying to put us in a bad light, that low and behold, all of a sudden this happens... a "conservative christian militia" who were going to kill police officers. Something just doesn't taste right about the whole thing. And also... here they had muslims helping with the case, yet I don't see the FBI doing squat about the islamic terrorist cells here in the U.S which is absolutely maddening!
    “Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”- Colossians 3:12

sbenning5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    ... Never mind. Anyone can claim to be a Christian, the real difference is in how we live our faith.

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjhere68 View Post
    The only thing we should all be careful about is believing what we're told in the news. Could they really have been planning to shoot police? Maybe....could the government be making up a reason to take down a group...maybe.

One thing we should all know by now is you can't believe what you see and you can't believe what you hear because most of it is false.
    I agree that we should be very careful about believing the accusations against "Christians" or "Christian Groups". There are lots of wacko groups out there doing crazy things, but when the organized government supported cleanup of True Believers begins they won't imprison us with truthful charges. We'll be child molesters, murderers, conspirators to all kinds of filthy things... it isn't hard to plant evidence and once the general non-believing population sees True Believers as pain-in-the-neck wackos they'll take us into custody, plant enough evidence to get a conviction, and put us out of the way.

I sure do hope the rapture occurs very quickly, for all kinds of reasons!
    Tall Timbers

Meg Guest

I must be missing something in the translation here. Why are all of you taking ownership of the idea of "conservative Christian militant"? The conservative Christians I know are politically militant, but they don't own handguns, let alone heavy weapons or plot to murder police officers! I thought there was a difference between "Christian Militias" and "Conservative Christians" like there's a difference between "Emergent Churches" and honest teaching. I honestly don't get this at all! And I honestly don't consider those backwoods gun toters genuine Christians. Sounds like about the only thing they didn't have many of is Bibles. They do have a web site, but their forum has been bombed by some truly fearsome trolls. The web site home page isn't exactly my idea of a family friendly Christian witness... I honestly don't understand why some people are trying to defend this thing. I find this deeply troubling...

So could it end up being bad for us anyway, as public perception of "our kind" gets worse? Yeah, it's possible.
    This kind of event will just make people happier when all of us "right-wing, Christian, extremist, conspiracy-theorist nutjobs" disappear.

they are going to use this to demonize real Christians.
    There you have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I must be missing something in the translation here. Why are all of you taking ownership of the idea of "conservative Christian militant"? The conservative Christians I know are politically militant, but they don't own handguns, let alone heavy weapons or plot to murder police officers!....
    Meg, I don't know anyone, especially True Believers, whom I would classify as politically militant, but almost everyone I know in my state, at least own handguns and rifles.

As for this group that's been busted, I'll leave their judgment to God. The news about them paints them as nuts and they may well be... but as another said, we really can't believe what we read about them in the press. And no matter what, the press is milking the "christian" angle for all it's worth, prepping the average Joe to consider Christians to be nuts and possibly dangerous.
    Tall Timbers

Yet another reason for the world to look down on conservative Christians. Humans love to judge the whole of a group because of the actions of one person.

In my opinion, this group was used as an example. Overthrow the government?? You must be joking. This does not even approach the level of lunacy as the Waco incident many years ago. The Hutaree has been around for some time, but only now that an 'undercover informant' feeds info to his handlers do they move on the group. I am highly suspicious.

I for one will reserve judgment until some hard evidence is presented. The liberal media can spin this all they want. Innocent until proven guilty still means something in this country.

Now that the obama administration has cut their teeth on catching "conservative Christian militia types," they will move up to taking on more visible groups of higher propaganda value.

And by the way, where is the Fort Hood shooter?? That incident has all but disappeared. Now THAT was a true threat to the government.

heart_changed99 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    Meg, I don't know anyone, especially True Believers, whom I would classify as politically militant, but almost everyone I know in my state, at least own handguns and rifles.

As for this group that's been busted, I'll leave their judgment to God. The news about them paints them as nuts and they may well be... but as another said, we really can't believe what we read about them in the press. And no matter what, the press is milking the "christian" angle for all it's worth, prepping the average Joe to consider Christians to be nuts and possibly dangerous.
    Exactly, we really don't know what they are really being arrested for and if its true. Meg, its very possible for any Christian to be painted in a negative light. We'll probably be seeing more of this type of fabricated news. Persecution is here!