Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 400 offenses Obama commits against America

Quote Originally Posted by The Liquidator View Post
    Come one now, be charitable. If you go putting quotes around the word Christian every time a Christian expresses a viewpoint that is inconsistent with a biblically-based worldview, then, well, you'll be using a lot of quotes! Holding contradictory ideas in the same mind does not disqualify one for salvation.
    'Christian' is a very loose and misunderstood term, hence the quotes, most 'christians' of the world are religious in nature without any personal relationship with Jesus. Their faulty faith is exposed in their faulty logic and worldly views, they do not get a free pass by labeling themselves 'christian', their worldly views express their father of this world.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

41. US President Barack Obama last week firmly aligned his administration with the Arab world, joining the rest of the international community in its position against the Jewish State of Israel.

Addressing some 140 world leaders gathered in New York for the 64th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, Obama condemned as an illegal "occupation" Israel's presence in its ancestral homeland.

And he roundly rejected the right of Jews to live and build communities in the hill country they believe was given to them by their God.

But while, according to the American leader, Israel's people have no right to possess, dwell in and govern the land of their fathers, the United States must insist that Israel "respect the legitimate claims and rights of the Palestinians."

Obama's position indicates his acceptance and intention to champion the Arab narrative - which insists that the "Palestinians" have lived in the land "from time immemorial" and have the right to be formed as a nation in it.

He has thus rejected the Jewish narrative - which holds that this was the Land of Canaan given to Abraham, then Isaac, then Jacob and then Jacob's descendants; that the nation took root here nearly 4000 years ago, growing and developing in this land and ruling as sovereigns over it; that following the Jews' expulsion from the land they kept burning for two millennia the fire of their intended return; that they are not a foreign implant, not a colony, not in the land in order to assuage stricken western consciences following the Holocaust; that the Palestinian Arabs have no national history - neither in this land nor anywhere else, and that the creation of an Arab state in the historical Jewish homeland constitutes land theft and poses an existential threat to Israel.

Critics slammed Obama's speech as the most anti-Israel message ever delivered by a president of the United States.

America's former ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton, slammed Obama's address as "the most radical anti-Israel speech I can recall any president making."

The fact that the most powerful man on the planet, who has access to all the data, expertise and intelligence necessary to substantiate the Jewish position and to disprove the Arab one, nonetheless has chosen to throw his weight behind the latter at Israel's expense, is certain to have distressed many in the US.

http://www.jnewswire.com/article/2706

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

The accusation that Obama promotes infanticide turns out to be true, as long as you clarify that you consider a partially born baby to be an infant.
    Psalm 139:13-16
    For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb. I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret and intricately and curiously wrought as if embroidered with various colors in the depths of the earth a region of darkness and mystery. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days of my life were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them.
    Matthew 1:18-21, 24
    This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit. Joseph, her fiancé, was a good man and did not want to disgrace her publicly, so he decided to break the engagement quietly.

As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”

When Joseph woke up, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded and took Mary as his wife.
    Matthew 7:16-20
    You will fully recognize them by their fruits. Do people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? Even so, every healthy (sound) tree bears good fruit worthy of admiration, but the sickly (decaying, worthless) tree bears bad (worthless) fruit. A good (healthy) tree cannot bear bad (worthless) fruit, nor can a bad (diseased) tree bear excellent fruit worthy of admiration. Every tree that does not bear good (excellent) fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.

Therefore, you will fully know them by their fruits.
    God considers a partially born baby to be an infant. What men call a fetus God calls a baby. Barring outstanding circumstances (and even then, God has the final say, His will is done), this life is to be protected and preserved as such. Before Christ was born, He was named. Obama's claims to Christianity are not sound because if we are to know a tree by it's fruit, Obama plays the part of the worthless tree. God only knows, but it's a fairly safe assumption to the point that anyone wanting to argue this just wants to play devils advocate. A born again Christian does not support infanticide or abortion. Among 40 other things or so.

Christians do not commit well planned murders. A crime of passion perhaps, but in order to proceed with an abortion or infanticide you have to cross a plethora of thresholds where you can turn back and not do this wicked thing. An abortion is a very well planned murder. We can disagree on reason or thought, but we cannot argue what is clearly defined in Scripture.

Exodus 20:13
    Thou shalt not kill.
    Come one now, be charitable. If you go putting quotes around the word Christian every time a Christian expresses a viewpoint that is inconsistent with a biblically-based worldview, then, well, you'll be using a lot of quotes! Holding contradictory ideas in the same mind does not disqualify one for salvation.
    Conformity with a Biblical worldview is the goal of any born again Christian. If this isn't the goal of your friends, or else if they disagree with the Bible over abortion, it's not people they're disagreeing with. This shouldn't be an issue for Christians. Sin done in ignorance can be forgiven, but if it is made known and they understand what is written in the Bible and this is still an issue... they stand in opposition to the author of the Scriptures.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzardhut View Post
    41. US President Barack Obama last week firmly aligned his administration with the Arab world, joining the rest of the international community in its position against the Jewish State of Israel.

Addressing some 140 world leaders gathered in New York for the 64th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, Obama condemned as an illegal "occupation" Israel's presence in its ancestral homeland.

And he roundly rejected the right of Jews to live and build communities in the hill country they believe was given to them by their God.

But while, according to the American leader, Israel's people have no right to possess, dwell in and govern the land of their fathers, the United States must insist that Israel "respect the legitimate claims and rights of the Palestinians."

Obama's position indicates his acceptance and intention to champion the Arab narrative - which insists that the "Palestinians" have lived in the land "from time immemorial" and have the right to be formed as a nation in it.

He has thus rejected the Jewish narrative - which holds that this was the Land of Canaan given to Abraham, then Isaac, then Jacob and then Jacob's descendants; that the nation took root here nearly 4000 years ago, growing and developing in this land and ruling as sovereigns over it; that following the Jews' expulsion from the land they kept burning for two millennia the fire of their intended return; that they are not a foreign implant, not a colony, not in the land in order to assuage stricken western consciences following the Holocaust; that the Palestinian Arabs have no national history - neither in this land nor anywhere else, and that the creation of an Arab state in the historical Jewish homeland constitutes land theft and poses an existential threat to Israel.

Critics slammed Obama's speech as the most anti-Israel message ever delivered by a president of the United States.

America's former ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton, slammed Obama's address as "the most radical anti-Israel speech I can recall any president making."

The fact that the most powerful man on the planet, who has access to all the data, expertise and intelligence necessary to substantiate the Jewish position and to disprove the Arab one, nonetheless has chosen to throw his weight behind the latter at Israel's expense, is certain to have distressed many in the US.

http://www.jnewswire.com/article/2706
    Well there goes America. Wow. Who does this man think he is? By what authority does he condemn Israel and make demands?

Lord Jesus have mercy on Your people in America. Your faithful do not support this strange man and his absurd actions and proclamations against Your people Israel. Bless your chosen people and their nation Lord Jesus, bless your people Israel and keep them from the powers of the world. You alone Jesus are Lord over Israel. Please don't let foreign powers trouble Israel or bring her disaster.

I thought late-term abortion and partial birth abortion were different things.
    Most recently the two terms have become interchangeable. Regardless both have the same goal, kill a baby.

The accusation that Obama promotes infanticide turns out to be true, as long as you clarify that you consider a partially born baby to be an infant.
    Obama would no doubt deny that he condones and supports infanticide, but he does. Christians, and more importantly God, do not live, abide by, or condone man-made moral relativism....

The Liquidator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyK View Post
    Conformity with a Biblical worldview is the goal of any born again Christian. If this isn't the goal of your friends, or else if they disagree with the Bible over abortion, it's not people they're disagreeing with. This shouldn't be an issue for Christians. Sin done in ignorance can be forgiven, but if it is made known and they understand what is written in the Bible and this is still an issue... they stand in opposition to the author of the Scriptures.
    In my experience, very few Christians have a consistent Biblical worldview, sadly. In fact, I'm not even completely sure that I do, though I am working on it at least. In any case, these people do believe that abortion is wrong, but they don't seem to be giving it serious consideration in assessing Obama's impact on America.

In my experience, very few Christians have a consistent Biblical worldview, sadly. In fact, I'm not even completely sure that I do, though I am working on it at least. In any case, these people do believe that abortion is wrong, but they don't seem to be giving it serious consideration in assessing Obama's impact on America.
    We're only human. That is the goal though. I'm not saying anyone has (or can) adhere to the Biblical standards perfectly (save for our Lord Jesus), but we are to do so to the very best of our abilities, out of love and gratitude for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are under the Covenant of Pentecost. We get better and better at it over time as our hearts and minds are renewed by the Holy Spirit. Certain things however are very clear and frank in the Scriptures that even an immature believer can understand. The Holy Spirit is with those that are saved. The Holy Spirit isn't leading Obama. There's a certain spirit that can be discerned that is leading Obama, and it has nothing to do with God! I can only pray those people give serious thought to Obama's morals and motives when assessing where he stands politically. Bad morals are going to inevitably lead to bad politics.

He hides his true colors well enough, but he's let them slip more then enough to where those who are paying attention can see him for who he really is if they're not drinking his kool-aid. You have to look past a great deal of things to find this man acceptable, up to and including the Bible. This man is not Biblically grounded at all despite his claims to Christianity. His words, his actions, his politics reveal him for who he is. Therein lies discernment.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyK View Post
    We're only human. That is the goal though. I'm not saying anyone has (or can) adhere to the Biblical standards perfectly (save for our Lord Jesus), but we are to do so to the very best of our abilities, out of love and gratitude for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are under the Covenant of Pentecost. We get better and better at it over time as our hearts and minds are renewed by the Holy Spirit. Certain things however are very clear and frank in the Scriptures that even an immature believer can understand. The Holy Spirit is with those that are saved. The Holy Spirit isn't leading Obama. There's a certain spirit that can be discerned that is leading Obama, and it has nothing to do with God! I can only pray those people give serious thought to Obama's morals and motives when assessing where he stands politically. Bad morals are going to inevitably lead to bad politics.

He hides his true colors well enough, but he's let them slip more then enough to where those who are paying attention can see him for who he really is if they're not drinking his kool-aid. You have to look past a great deal of things to find this man acceptable, up to and including the Bible. This man is not Biblically grounded at all despite his claims to Christianity. His words, his actions, his politics reveal him for who he is. Therein lies discernment.
    Amen, couldn't have said it better.

yogi3939 Guest

Looks about right to me.

I"m not going to say what Obama offensives are because it has been explained beautifully by everyone else. I will say this. From the very beginning I had this feeling that something wasn't right about him. It has never waivered. I can't put my finger on it but he's very much against God and the very things of God.

The pathology of the dictator's mind
    http://www.ethiopiangasha.org/tmp/Gi...mAY032009.HTML
    Let me first recap the Malign narcissistic grandiosity that is characteristic of all dictators and tyrants. Typical symptoms of grandiosity that can be observed in your typical autocratic ruler/megalomaniac

Continual claims for attention and admiration
    Cold and uncaring behavior toward others
    Other people are seen only as an extension of the self to be manipulated and/or eliminated as needed; an inability to relate to people as people or separate from oneself
    Inflated/exaggerated sense of self-importance.

Let's remember that these tyrants are not psychiatric patients. They do not seek help; nor do they believe that anything is wrong with them. They believe they are entitled to unlimited praise and deference. They believe that their will and their desire is all that is important.

The only cure for malignant narcissist is for him to meet reality he can not fake .Usually the treatment is fatal and the cure is permanent

The pathology of the
    dictator's mind (Part I)
    The past and present dictators like Adolf Hitler ,Saddam Husein , Mugabe and others have a clearly defined psychiatric diagnosis called Malign narcissistic personality disorder. Meles is no different, he has the severest form of this pathological personality disorder.

Spectrum of narcissism can extend from benign form which most of us have (certain degree of self interest is healthy) to a more serious forms of self-obsession including malignant narcissism and psychopathy. Malignant narcissism is high end of narcissistic severity which all dictators share

Traits of narcissistic personality disorder include the following: Preoccupation with fantasies that focus on unlimited success, power, intelligence
    Belief that he or she is “special” and unique, and can only be understood by other special people
    Expectation that others will automatically go along with what he or she wants
    Inability to recognize or identify with the feelings, needs, and viewpoints of others
    Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her
    Hypersensitivity to insults (real or imagined), criticism, or defeat, possibly reacting with rage, shame, and humiliation
    Arrogant behavior and/or attitude

He misrepresents facts, opportunistically shifts positions, ignores data that conflicts with his fantasy world, is overly confident and acts as statesman despite commensurate merits and narcissistic life achievements. Considers himself above the low, displays false modesty while sublimating aggression and grudges. As a narcissist he has the emotional maturity of a child, or even an animal, but the intellect of a man. What makes this guy dangerous is his lack of consciousness combined with his high self-serving intelligence and his superb performance that has fooled and outsmarted many. As a malignant narcissist his survival is dependent upon having control or the perception of control. When the control is challenged , he feels threatened and responds as though his very survival is at stake.

He has surrounded himself with codependents, enablers and followers and if anyone of them challenge his authority he just discards them as they never existed, because the victim only matters in relation to how he can support the grandiosity of the tyrant; beyond that he is faceless nameless and worthless.

Malignant narcissism is a syndrome consisting of a cross breed of the narcissistic personality disorder , the antisocial personality disorder as well as paranoid traits, all of which manifested in our dictator. The sufferer of this disorder is an emotional vampire, cruel and sadistic and enjoys other persons suffering. Most of the serial killers fall in this category.

We should all agree to the idea that those who want to be leaders of any country submit to rigours mental check-ups prior to being trusted as prim minsters or presidents as millions of lives depends on sanity of these leaders.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage657584/pg1

Who is Obama?

"Obama is not an ordinary man. He is not a genius. In fact he is quite ignorant on most important subjects. Barack Obama is a narcissist. Dr. Sam Vaknin, the author of the Malignant Self Love, also believes, “Barack Obama appears to be a narcissist.”

Vaknin is a world authority on narcissism. He understands narcissism and describes the inner mind of a narcissist like no other person. When he talks about narcissism everyone listens. Vaknin says that Obama’s language, posture and demeanor, and the testimonies of his closest, dearest and nearest suggest that the Senator is either a narcissist or he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).

Vaknin explains: “Narcissistic leaders are nefarious and their effects pernicious. They are subtle, refined, socially-adept, manipulative, possessed of thespian skills, and convincing. Both types [cerebral and somatic] equally lack empathy and are ruthless and relentless or driven.” These were the very traits that distinguished Hitler and Khomeini. Many of these traits can be seen in Obama. As for his ruthlessness, perhaps his support of legislation to let babies die if they survive abortion, gives a glimps into his soul, that he may lacks empathy, does not value life, and if in the position of power can be ruthless. Narcissists need power to show their ruthlessness. Considering the fact that Obama neglected his own half brother, George Hussein Obama, who lives on one dollar per month in Kenya, we can’t vouch for Obama’s empathy or say he is a caring person.

What is Narcissism?

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) describes narcissism as a personality disorder that “revolve around a pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, and sense of entitlement. Often individuals feel overly important and will exaggerate achievements and will accept, and often demand, praise and admiration despite worthy achievements.”

The third and fourth editions of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) of 1980 and 1994 and the European ICD-10 describe NPD in similar language:

An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the following criteria must be met:

Feels grandiose and self-important (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist), bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or ideal, everlasting, all-conquering love or passion
    Is firmly convinced that he is unique and, being special, can only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with, other special, unique, or high-status people (or institutions)
    Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and affirmation, or failing that, wishes to be feared and notorious (narcissistic supply)
    Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favorable priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his expectations
    Is “interpersonally exploitative” i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends
    Is devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or acknowledge the feelings and needs of others
    Is constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same about him or her
    Is arrogant, has haughty behaviors or attitudes coupled with rage when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted

Pathological narcissism, is not akin to typical narcissism—someone with a hedonistic or self-centered sense of self —but rather someone with a very weak sense of self. Obama’s narcissism is pathological.

Narcissists seek power.

According to Vaknin, Obama displays the following behaviors, which are among the hallmarks of pathological narcissism:

Subtly misrepresents facts and expediently and opportunistically shifts positions, views, opinions, and "ideals" (e.g., about campaign finance, re-districting). These flip-flops do not cause him overt distress and are ego-syntonic (he feels justified in acting this way). Alternatively, refuses to commit to a standpoint and, in the process, evidences a lack of empathy.

- Ignores data that conflict with his fantasy world, or with his inflated and grandiose self-image. This has to do with magical thinking. Obama already sees himself as president because he is firmly convinced that his dreams, thoughts, and wishes affect reality. Additionally, he denies the gap between his fantasies and his modest or limited real-life achievements (for instance, in 12 years of academic career, he didn't publish a single scholarly paper or book).

- Feels that he is above the law.

- Talks about himself in the 3rd person singluar or uses the regal "we" and craves to be the exclusive center of attention, even adulation

- Has a messianic-cosmic vision of himself and his life and his "mission".

- Sets ever more complex rules in a convoluted world of grandiose fantasies with its own language (jargon)

- Displays false modesty and unctuous "folksiness" but is unable to sustain these behaviors (the persona, or mask) for long. It slips and the true Obama is revealed: haughty, aloof, distant, and disdainful of simple folk and their lives.

- Sublimates aggression and holds grudges.

- Behaves as an eternal adolescent (e.g., his choice of language, youthful image he projects, demands indulgence and feels entitled to special treatment, even though his objective accomplishments do not justify it).

Obama sublimates aggression. Can he be trusted as the leader of the free world?

Narcissists project a grandiose but false image of themselves. Jim Jones, the charismatic leader of People’s Temple, the man who led over 900 of his followers to cheerfully commit mass suicide and even murder their own children was also a narcissist. David Koresh, Charles Manson, Joseph Koni, Shoko Asahara, Stalin, Saddam, Mao, Kim Jong Ill and Adolph Hitler are a few examples of narcissists of our time. All these men had a tremendous influence over their fanciers. They created a personality cult around themselves and with their blazing speeches elevated their admirers’ souls, filled their hearts with enthusiasm and instilled in their minds a new zest for life. They gave them hope! They promised them the moon, but alas, invariably they brought them to their doom. When you are a victim of a cult of personality, you don't know it until it it too late

Hitler was confused about his identity. His father was an illegitimate son of a Jew. He chose to be in denial of that part of himself and his response was the genocide of the Jews. Obama’s search for his identity led him to a racist church that preached “Black Power.” He changed his given name Barry to Barack, in an atempt to rid himself of the only vestige he had with his white heritage.

Narcissists have only one issue. They want power and will do and say anything to get it. Their words mean nothing to them. They do not intend to keep them. They look into your eyes and swear on a stack of Bibles that they are not going to do something when that is exactly what they intend to do. They break their promises when it suits them and annul their treaties when they can get away with it. They lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie.

Narcissists are pathological liars. They lie even to themselves. Ironically, they are the first to believe their own lies. When normal people lie, they show signs of distress. Narcissists don’t. They can pass any polygraph test with flying colors. It is this conviction that fools people around them making them believe in their truthfulness and sincerity. In a twisted way they are sincere because, although they are conscience that they are not truthful, they believe in their own lies. This is difficult to understand and even more difficult to explain, but for a narcissist fantasy and reality are intertwined. The narcissist’s delusional thoughts of grandiosity are real to him.

Could all this phenomenal support and unbounded adulation erupt into violence? All the abuses and killings in Nazi Germany were done by the Germans, ordinary people who loved Hitler and believed in the glorious tomorrow that he was promising them. Hitler was insane, but those who did his bidding were not. Despite being smart, they did not hesitate to fulfill their fuehrer’s wishes and commit the most heinous crimes. The same thing happened in Iran. Ordinary people, once under the spell of Khomeini, acted like beasts. This is what happens when sane people follow insane people.

Could the same happen in America? Why not? Look how millions of people literally worship Obama. With some people I cannot even talk about Obama. They cannot tolerate any criticism of him. They get angry and, not only they want to end the conversation but threaten to end the friendship. I am familiar with this kind of religious devotion to a person. The reaction that I get from Obama worshippers is similar to that of Muslims when their prophet is criticized. They are even prone to insult you. See how they overlook Obama's blatant lies and are willing to forgive his major sins such as racism. Note how the mainstream media bends the rules, twists the facts, exaggerates Obama’s little virtues, absolves his sins, and even lies to sell him to the public. Compare the royal treatment that the liberal press has given to Obama to how unfairly they treat Governor Palin; how they smear her character and belittle her experience and achievement. ABC’s Charlie Gibson’s interview with Governor Palin was a stain on journalistic integrity. Is it more important that Palin has not traveled the world and has not shaken hands with heads of states, or the fact that Obama has lied so many times? Under what pretext should an ordinary citizen visit heads of foreign states? The question itself is preposterous.

"To avoid such intolerable pain, some patients with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) socially withdraw and feign false modesty and humility to mask their underlying grandiosity. Dysthymic and depressive disorders are common reactions to isolation and feelings of shame and inadequacy."

Due to their lack of empathy, disregard for others, exploitativeness, sense of entitlement, and constant need for attention (narcissistic supply), narcissists are rarely able to maintain functional and healthy interpersonal relationships.

Many narcissists are over-achievers and ambitious. Some of them are even talented and skilled. But they are incapable of team work because they cannot tolerate setbacks. They are easily frustrated and demoralized and are unable to cope with disagreement and criticism. Though some narcissists have meteoric and inspiring careers, in the long-run, all of them find it difficult to maintain long-term professional achievements and the respect and appreciation of their peers. The narcissist's fantastic grandiosity, frequently coupled with a hypomanic mood, is typically incommensurate with his or her real accomplishments (the "grandiosity gap").

An important distinction is between cerebral and somatic narcissists. The cerebrals derive their Narcissistic Supply from their intelligence or academic achievements and the somatics derive their Narcissistic Supply from their physique, exercise, physical or sexual prowess and romantic or physical "conquests".

Another crucial division within the ranks of patients with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is between the classic variety (those who meet five of the nine diagnostic criteria included in the DSM), and the compensatory kind (their narcissism compensates for deep-set feelings of inferiority and lack of self-worth).
    Obama displays the following behaviors, which are among the hallmarks of pathological narcissism:

* Subtly misrepresents facts and expediently and opportunistically shifts positions, views, opinions, and "ideals" (e.g., about campaign finance, re-districting). These flip-flops do not cause him overt distress and are ego-syntonic (he feels justified in acting this way). Alternatively, reuses to commit to a standpoint and, in the process, evidences a lack of empathy.

Ignores data that conflict with his fantasy world, or with his inflated and grandiose self-image. This has to do with magical thinking. Obama already sees himself as president because he is firmly convinced that his dreams, thoughts, and wishes affect reality. Additionally, he denies the gap between his fantasies and his modest or limited real-life achievements (for instance, in 12 years of academic career, he hasn't published a single scholarly paper or book).

- Feels that he is above the law, incl. and especially his own laws.

- Talks about himself in the 3rd person singluar or uses the regal "we" and craves to be the exclsuive center of attention, even adulation

- Have a messianic-cosmic vision of himself and his life and his "mission".

- Sets ever more complex rules in a convoluted world of grandiose fantasies with its own language (jargon)

- Displays false modesty and unctuous "folksiness" but unable to sustain these behaviors (the persona, or mask) for long. It slips and the true Obama is revealed: haughty, aloof, distant, and disdainful of simple folk and their lives.

- Sublimates aggression and holds grudges.

This is precisely the source of the fascination with Hitler, diagnosed by Erich Fromm - together with Stalin - as a malignant narcissist. He was an inverted human. His unconscious was his conscious. He acted out our most repressed drives, fantasies, and wishes. He provides us with a glimpse of the horrors that lie beneath the veneer, the barbarians at our personal gates, and what it was like before we invented civilization. Hitler forced us all through a time warp and many did not emerge. He was not the devil. He was one of us. He was what Arendt aptly called the banality of evil. Just an ordinary, mentally disturbed, failure, a member of a mentally disturbed and failing nation, who lived through disturbed and failing times. He was the perfect mirror, a channel, a voice, and the very depth of our souls.

The narcissistic leader prefers the sparkle and glamour of well-orchestrated illusions to the tedium and method of real accomplishments. His reign is all smoke and mirrors, devoid of substances, consisting of mere appearances and mass delusions. In the aftermath of his regime - the narcissistic leader having died, been deposed, or voted out of office - it all unravels. The tireless and constant prestidigitation ceases and the entire edifice crumbles. What looked like an economic miracle turns out to have been a fraud-laced bubble. Loosely-held empires disintegrate. Laboriously assembled business conglomerates go to pieces. "Earth shattering" and "revolutionary" scientific discoveries and theories are discredited. Social experiments end in mayhem.

It is important to understand that the use of violence must be ego-syntonic. It must accord with the self-image of the narcissist. It must abet and sustain his grandiose fantasies and feed his sense of entitlement. It must conform with the narcissistic narrative.

Thus, a narcissist who regards himself as the benefactor of the poor, a member of the common folk, the representative of the disenfranchised, the champion of the dispossessed against the corrupt elite - is highly unlikely to use violence at first.

The pacific mask crumbles when the narcissist has become convinced that the very people he purported to speak for, his constituency, his grassroots fans, the prime sources of his narcissistic supply - have turned against him. At first, in a desperate effort to maintain the fiction underlying his chaotic personality, the narcissist strives to explain away the sudden reversal of sentiment. "The people are being duped by (the media, big industry, the military, the elite, etc.)", "they don't really know what they are doing", "following a rude awakening, they will revert to form", etc.

When these flimsy attempts to patch a tattered personal mythology fail - the narcissist is injured. Narcissistic injury inevitably leads to narcissistic rage and to a terrifying display of unbridled aggression. The pent-up frustration and hurt translate into devaluation. That which was previously idealized - is now discarded with contempt and hatred.

This primitive defense mechanism is called "splitting". To the narcissist, things and people are either entirely bad (evil) or entirely good. He projects onto others his own shortcomings and negative emotions, thus becoming a totally good object. A narcissistic leader is likely to justify the butchering of his own people by claiming that they intended to kill him, undo the revolution, devastate the economy, or the country, etc.

The "small people", the "rank and file", the "loyal soldiers" of the narcissist - his flock, his nation, his employees - they pay the price. The disillusionment and disenchantment are agonizing. The process of reconstruction, of rising from the ashes, of overcoming the trauma of having been deceived, exploited and manipulated - is drawn-out. It is difficult to trust again, to have faith, to love, to be led, to collaborate. Feelings of shame and guilt engulf the erstwhile followers of the narcissist. This is his sole legacy: a massive post-traumatic stress disorder.

Narcissism is all about image. Vaknin says, “The narcissist is shallow, a pond pretending to be an ocean. He likes to think of himself as a Renaissance man, a Jack of all trades. The narcissist never admits to ignorance in any field – yet, typically, he is ignorant of them all. It is surprisingly easy to penetrate the gloss and the veneer of the narcissist's self-proclaimed omniscience.”

Obama’s gaffes in history and world affairs are proof of that. This man does not even know the number of states in the USA, or that Canada does not have a president. That is why Vaknin says a narcissist is a shallow pond that pretends to be an ocean. Obama's ignorance about what should be common knowledge is mind boggling.

Narcissists have a profound sense of call, as they believe they have a “special purpose” or a “high calling.” In his autobiography Hitler wrote, “I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.” Politics and religion offer irresistible lure for the narcissist.

And this is what Obama said about his “calling:” "Kneeling beneath that cross on the South Side of Chicago, I felt I heard God's spirit beckoning me," he said of his walk down the aisle of the Trinity United Church of Christ. "I submitted myself to his will and dedicated myself to discovering his truth."

At least one mental health professional believes that about 6% of Americans are pathological narcissists. The percentage in countries where child abuse is more prevalent is a lot higher. Although all narcissists are cunning, and bereft of conscience, not all of them have the wits to rise to power. A narcissist with smarts can be dangerous.

Hitler was smart, and so is Obama. Hitler would not have become the monster he became had he not risen to power and had he not received so much narcissistic fodder to feed on. One man who saw Khomeini prior to rising to power recalled he would gently push flies out of his window, but would not kill them. The same man massacred tens of thousands of Iranians. It is power that brings madness out of the narcissist.

America is at a crucial moment in its history. I cannot think of any disaster greater than putting a pathological narcissist in control of the world’s most powerful military machine.

Narcissists are empty in substance but full on promises. Obama has not proposed a single concrete workable plan, but he has raised the hopes and expectations of millions of people with his promises. The glorious tomorrow that he offers is no more real than the Styrofoam Greek columns that adorned his image during his acceptance speech.

The cause of the narcissist is himself. Everything else is a tool, a stepping stone for the narcissist to ascend to power. Narcissists don’t have any ideology. They champion the cause that has a better chance of making their ascent to power easier.

Vaknin writes: “Narcissists use anything they can lay their hands on in the pursuit of narcissistic supply. If God, creed, church, faith, and institutionalized religion can provide them with narcissistic supply, they will become devout. They will abandon religion if it can't.”

Therefore, the question whether Obama is a Muslim or a Christian, whether he is pro Palestine, as he has been all his life or whether he is pro Israel, whether he is a black supremacist or an agent of racial harmony, are moot. Obama is anything you want him to be and situation dictates. He takes the side that is more expedient to his cause. To communists he is a comrade, to Islamists he is their man, to Palestinian fighters he is their hope and to the Jews he is a staunch Zionist. The narcissist’s creed is himself. Everything else is negotiable.

Obama will do and say anything as long as it suits him. He will embrace any cause, will align himself with anyone, and will shift his position wherever the wind blows. Narcissists are chameleons.
    Great is the Name of the Lord

Quote Originally Posted by makeupgirl View Post
    I"m not going to say what Obama offensives are because it has been explained beautifully by everyone else. I will say this. From the very beginning I had this feeling that something wasn't right about him. It has never waivered. I can't put my finger on it but he's very much against God and the very things of God.
    Your RIGHT!! He is systematicaly destroying the Judeo-Christian values and the Constituation that have made this country great..Very,Very
    Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Quote Originally Posted by lighthouse View Post
    Obama will do and say anything as long as it suits him. He will embrace any cause, will align himself with anyone, and will shift his position wherever the wind blows. Narcissists are chameleons.
    Most important trait of the Narcissist is they have no respect or regard for others, in their sense of entitlement, they inflict collateral damage upon everyone around them, no victim left behind.

yogi3939 Guest

Lighthouse, I won't do a "reply with quote" here because of the size of your post. but I do have to say that everything in the material you presented above that describes someone with malignant narcicism disorder fits Obama like a second skin.

Thank you for that very informative post and the time & trouble you went to to present it here.
    Last edited by yogi3939; April 17th, 2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: typo

Narcissitic (sp?) fits the bill with Obama. He got off on that worshipping that he got before he came into office and even after. Personally, I couldn't stand it. I've seen arguments break out because some were so devoted to him. I've seen friendships and relationships ended. (some won't even speak to people at work anymore because of this) I've seen a lot. I almost got cussed out because I said I was voting for Hillary if she was elected. I'm AA by the way and I know that the majority of AA only voted for him because he was AA and they wanted history to be made. Who cares about making history? But it's sad and horrifying that this country was looking for a messiah to meet their worldly desires. I'm like Look to Jesus. Look to the one true King for your desires and needs. They wont' worship Jesus but they will worship a man. It's sick.

yogi3939 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by makeupgirl View Post
    Narcissitic (sp?) fits the bill with Obama. He got off on that worshipping that he got before he came into office and even after. Personally, I couldn't stand it. I've seen arguments break out because some were so devoted to him. I've seen friendships and relationships ended. (some won't even speak to people at work anymore because of this) I've seen a lot. I almost got cussed out because I said I was voting for Hillary if she was elected. I'm AA by the way and I know that the majority of AA only voted for him because he was AA and they wanted history to be made. Who cares about making history? But it's sad and horrifying that this country was looking for a messiah to meet their worldly desires. I'm like Look to Jesus. Look to the one true King for your desires and needs. They wont' worship Jesus but they will worship a man. It's sick.
    That is my take on why so many voted for him too. But look what happens when you put a false idol in a position of power. But what is even sadder is that he has abundantly shown his true colors since he became president (he actually showed them before the election but not as much) and there are people who still worship at the altar of the false idol Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by yogi3939 View Post
    That is my take on why so many voted for him too. But look what happens when you put a false idol in a position of power. But what is even sadder is that he has abundantly shown his true colors since he became president (he actually showed them before the election but not as much) and there are people who still worship at the altar of the false idol Obama.
    He did didn't he. My mom is a fan of Obama and a Christian but she doesn't worship him. I pray that she keeps it that way. She knows that something is about to happen because of the dreams she keeps having. My sister doesn't like him at all. We just keep our mouths closed around certain people. My pastor, didn't even vote for him. My associate pastor, just like me voted for him because he was the lesser of two evils but I shouldn't have been bullied into voting for him. I mean everyone was like, you have to vote no matter what but I honestly had no desire to vote. I knew I should have followed my gut instinct, especially when I knew something wasn't right. I feel bad because my vote helped get him into office. The inguaration was terrible to see all those people up there. I had no choice but to watch because I had the flu and that was all that was on but it was so boring for one and for two to see so many people up there worshipping him, crying over him, for someone that is going to eventually and it's been started to sell us out. It's only a matter of time before someone worse than he takes over.

He reminds me of Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious in the Star Wars movies, especially the first 3 before the original.
    Last edited by iSong6:3; April 17th, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Eorlingas Guest

You're not the only one Makeupgirl. I also voted for Obama in the 08 election, and I regret it. Thankfully I live in Texas, so my vote didn't even matter for his election, but honestly when I'm talking to people in person I've denied that I voted for him, simply because I'm that ashamed. I disliked Mcain for being a RINO, and at the time was much more middle ground then I am now. I had grown up under Bush, and by the time I could vote I saw the economy was going south, and McCain didn't seem to offer enough economic change from what I thought got us into this mess. Obama seemed like a better choice, and I wasn't old enough to remember Clinton, and didn't know enough to realize the truth behind the socialist agenda, instead just being blinded by the idea of "helping the poor and equality!", not realizing that their real ideas were to "help the poor" by making them government slaves, and their idea of equality was to give special privileges to those that support them. But hey, fool me once shame on you. Democrats are not going to fool America again. I honestly do not see how the Democratic party can survive this. They've had the most support they've ever had, and thought they could do what they wanted. But they mistook the confusion of America for support, and now that we've seen how they really are they're done for. It's like in all of those old Bond movies, where he's captured by the bad guy, and their ego is so huge that they tell Bond everything they plan because they just don't see how Bond could fight back. Democrats thought the American people were done with, but we're showing them now that we're not going to go quickly into their nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorlingas View Post
    You're not the only one Makeupgirl. I also voted for Obama in the 08 election, and I regret it. Thankfully I live in Texas, so my vote didn't even matter for his election, but honestly when I'm talking to people in person I've denied that I voted for him, simply because I'm that ashamed. I disliked Mcain for being a RINO, and at the time was much more middle ground then I am now. I had grown up under Bush, and by the time I could vote I saw the economy was going south, and McCain didn't seem to offer enough economic change from what I thought got us into this mess. Obama seemed like a better choice, and I wasn't old enough to remember Clinton, and didn't know enough to realize the truth behind the socialist agenda, instead just being blinded by the idea of "helping the poor and equality!", not realizing that their real ideas were to "help the poor" by making them government slaves, and their idea of equality was to give special privileges to those that support them. But hey, fool me once shame on you. Democrats are not going to fool America again. I honestly do not see how the Democratic party can survive this. They've had the most support they've ever had, and thought they could do what they wanted. But they mistook the confusion of America for support, and now that we've seen how they really are they're done for. It's like in all of those old Bond movies, where he's captured by the bad guy, and their ego is so huge that they tell Bond everything they plan because they just don't see how Bond could fight back. Democrats thought the American people were done with, but we're showing them now that we're not going to go quickly into their nightmare.
    Since you grew up under Bush you saw the media constantly portraying Bush as an all-out evil monster for 8 years. Did that have an affect on you when you voted?

I believe the media made Bush out to be the devil, so that when an anti-Bush(Obama) ran for office people would buy into their lies. It didn't work in 2004 because the Iraq war was still so fresh and his opponent was exposed as a traitor through the swift boat soldiers, but it worked perfectly in 2008 due to a failing economy. Bush had some responsibility in the economy (signing the stimulus package), but it was the legislation put forth by congressional Demoncrats since 2006, when they took the majority, that started the countries economic woes. Of course the media would never report that the Dems were the true culprits behind the failing economy, so they blamed it on Bush.

Eorlingas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon300 View Post
    Since you grew up under Bush you saw the media constantly portraying Bush as an all-out evil monster for 8 years. Did that have an affect on you when you voted?
    It had an effect on how I viewed things. That, plus the way everyone just seemed to straight out hate Bush, made me grow up thinking that he was an absolutely terrible president. I didn't buy in that he was a Neo-nazi facist like liberals love to claim, but I did think his ideas were out of date and more meant for the cold war then the way I thought the world was now. He seemed like a nice guy to me that wasn't capable of handling all the problems America went through, and I thought it was time for someone else. In short I was naive and bought into everyone saying he was a terrible president, and Obama's concept of "change" seemed great. I believe his claims, that he had a plan to pay for Universal Healthcare without raising taxes, that people wouldn't be forced to buy it, that the government wouldn't be involved in the decisions, that diplomacy would work for Iran/Iraq, and so forth. I believed Bush was a bad president, and Obama basically ran his campaign on "not being bush", so I bought into his game.

You can say what you want about Obama, but you can't say he didn't run an amazing campaign. If we're still around and elections still exist then I expect his campaign to become the model for future candidates. Every controversy that popped up he managed to push aside, and his playing of the race card was skilled. He never straight out said "if you don't vote for me you're racist", but would instead find clever ways to hint that the main opposition to him was racist. He relished off of political corectness, and whenever it didn't happen (like that cartoon of him as a run away gorilla, based on that news story of a run away gorilla) he could paint it as being the true views of his opposition without directly stating it. His campaign wasn't amazing in that it was truthful, but amazing is how it created a web of misinformation and slogans to advance a man with radical views and almost no experience into office over an American Hero who has been in office since Obama graduated from school