Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

Nightelf Guest

Default Where do you leave Tracts?

I want your creative ideas on where to leave tracts.

Thanks to my new job (Christian bookstore) I have access to a wide variety of tracts! Of course I still have to buy them, but at least I've now got a ready supplier!

So, I keep a package in my purse.... but now I'm wondering where would be good places to leave one, besides a doctor's office, waiting room, etc. etc.

Where do YOU leave tracts?

Daniel1210 Guest

Hi Nightelf!,

The places you mentioned are good.

If I get any of the tracts about islam I put them in Korans in the library and bookstores.By about islam I mean Christian tracts exposing islam for what it is.

I used to leave tracts at a public "share" table in the library but I did that one day, went back a few hours later, and they were in the trash. I don't think the librarians did that, more likely one of the library patrons from a college atheist society.

If you live close at all to an airport or train station those are good places, too.
    Last edited by Daniel1210; February 18th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.

24thchance Guest

Exclamation Where to leave tracts.The list is nearly endless.

1st off make sure they have a local church name on them,so in case whoever reads it is interested they have a place to go.
    Phone booths are good,as are bulletin boards at colleges and supermarkets.I help deliver food to people so sometimes I can leave a tract in a hallway.And if you are ever stopped by the police for a traffic error,be courageous and give the policeman a tract too.

Waiting4Jesus Guest

Where DON'T I leave tracts? LOL, I leave them everywhere. I keep a supply in my car and everytime I get outta the car, I stuff a few in my pockets to leave around.

ANYWHERE is game!! I've put them inside library books...phone booths...benches at the mall...rest rooms...even lay one on top of the gas pump thingie while I'm gassing up. Everytime I grocery shop, I leave a few in carts, LOL, or even on the store shelves.

The possibilities are simply ENDLESS!!!

And you do NOT have to buy them! Go to fellowshiptractleague.com and they will give you tracts for free. There are many to choose from. I always select the one entitled, "The Second Coming" myself.

Good luck!

OED40 Guest

When I bought tracts last year, I put them on the cars of people at my school. That's a good place to leave them, and also on the doors of houses.

I leave them inside the handle of the gas pump when I fuel up so the next person has to grab the tract as they grab the pump to fill up their car. I also just went to disneyworld last summer and I left them all over that place. People from all over the world are there.
    I'm nobody telling everybody about somebody that is able to save anybody.

URGodzFavrit Guest

I've left tracts on a coffee shop table, inside a magazine at the salon, on a park bench on a windless day, or in the grocery cart. If you're worried that your tract might be ignored, you could hand one to someone outside the library, at a park, downtown, on a college campus, or at the cashier's stand as you're checking out.

lookin' up and listenin' for the shout, good neighbor!

I put them in the postage paid envelopes that companies send me in the mail and send them back to the sender.
    Prayer........the best wireless connection!

Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. Proverbs 6:6-8

Daniel1210 Guest

Another place is on top of newspaper machines, or inside of them if you buy a paper.

Also, many Catholic churches have a Mass on late Saturday afternoon. they are open a half hour or so before the Mass for confession.

In the back of their churches they usually have some type of literature table.

I leave those "Do You Know You're Going To Heaven" type tracts there.

Waiting4Jesus Guest

When I go through a McDonald's drive-through, theperson hands me my food...and I grin and hand 'em a tract in return, LOL. Get a lotta smiles doing that!!!

Guy4God Guest

I will leave tracts at restraunts and various places, but honestly, I think the best way to leave a tract is in someone's hand that you have spoken to. Anonymous placement is fine, but nothing beats a "Here. Read this when you get a chance and really think about it, ok..." as you part ways.

I just took that "Gospel Message" video (posted here a while back...I got a copy from Avanti Ministries) and put it on DVDs. I will be giving those out as needed, but the cost issue will make me think about who really needs one.

Gary Rich Guest

you can leave gospel tracts ANYWHERE, i have been "tracting" for 19 years now, and there isn't too many places i can think of where i haven't placed a tract

here's a couple of good ideas :

bathrooms in eating places like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, etc
    on car windshields in shopping center parking lots
    county fairs- pass them out to people
    sports events : pass them out to everyone
    library notice boards
    bank and post office counters
    hotel lobby's
    pay phone booths

the list really is endless for where you can pass out tracts, the key is to always carry tracts with you, everywhere you go, always be alert for divine opportunities that God will send you way

Nightelf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4God View Post
    I will leave tracts at restraunts and various places, but honestly, I think the best way to leave a tract is in someone's hand that you have spoken to. Anonymous placement is fine, but nothing beats a "Here. Read this when you get a chance and really think about it, ok..." as you part ways.

I just took that "Gospel Message" video (posted here a while back...I got a copy from Avanti Ministries) and put it on DVDs. I will be giving those out as needed, but the cost issue will make me think about who really needs one.
    Of course I agree with you Guy4God, but the beauty of tracts is that it's also a way for shy people to help spread the Gospel. And in this world, everybody is in a hurry it seems and doesn't want to stop and talk about "spiritual things" but they would grab a pamphlet to read later when they have some time to think it over.

Thank you all for the great ideas!!!! If you have any more, keep them coming....

Putting them in someone's hand is always the best. If one is not comfortable doing that, leaving them in nice, public places is great (with permission). I am not comfortable at all leaving tracts in public restrooms...just seems inappropriate.
    Last edited by jestersmom; February 23rd, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Shadow Girl Guest

I leave them at store counters, tables,plant them in pockets ,open purses, in arcades, waiting rooms,books,under doors, in drawers, mail boxes, ect.

I like to get mine since they are nice and little from www.onemilliontracts.com

HisMusician Guest

Leaving tracts in mailboxes is against the law. As is placing them in people's open things. One could get into big trouble if caught doing that. I used to leave tracts on store merchandise, but I quit doing that after I heard that doing so is a poor testimony. Imagine being a store clerk on duty, straightening up a rumpled stack of jeans and finding a 4 Things God wants you to Know tract in the middle of the blue jeans. It's going to get tossed and will be looked upon as littering. As Christians we need to make sure that in our witnessing, we aren't breaking the law by littering, or other things like that. It's a poor testimony to a watching world.

Our lives are walking gospels. This is what the world sees on a daily basis and reads. In James, James says to "Be ye doers of the word and not hearers only deceiving your own selves." Don't get me wrong, I think handing out tracts is a wonderful ministry. But too often I see people who claim to be Christians. They are all crabby and cross with store employees, or aren't polite to them, and then expect the store employees to take a tract and read it. That person's life speaks louder to the store employee than that paper does.

Brethren we need to make sure we not only know God's word and share it with others, it needs to get down into our hearts and change our lives as well.

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

door to door

I and others do a local door to door evangelism campaign with a ministry and a local church (not one I go to) backing us,

though my church on sunday and the one I go to on wed. night bible studies supports what I and others are doing
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Nightelf, this is a great thread! Thanks for helping to get us thinking about this.

One source that I have used in the past: http://www.multilanguage.com/
    This source has 88 languages available in many different kinds of Christian material. I have used "Ultimate Questions" by John Blanchard in the past. It isn't available in all of the languages, but it is written in quite a few, if I recall. Since it costs more per item than a simple tract, I use this for actually handing to a person, rather than just leaving it lying on a table.

If there is a dry cleaners, laundromat, donut shop, ethnic restaurant, ethnic grocery, etc., in your area, these are all great places to leave information such as the Blanchard booklet mentioned above in the language of the people who go there or perhaps are employed there. People who have immigrated here are usually delighted to see something written in their native language, and they are much more likely to actually read it.
    When leaving tracts in public places, it's important to be wise in placing them, so that they aren't immediately tossed away by the cleaning crew at night, etc. For example, in a waiting room, you might place them inside the covers of magazines or on a rack if one is available, so that they won't get 'dusted' off.

Shadow Girl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HisMusician View Post
    Leaving tracts in mailboxes is against the law. As is placing them in people's open things. One could get into big trouble if caught doing that. I used to leave tracts on store merchandise, but I quit doing that after I heard that doing so is a poor testimony. Imagine being a store clerk on duty, straightening up a rumpled stack of jeans and finding a 4 Things God wants you to Know tract in the middle of the blue jeans. It's going to get tossed and will be looked upon as littering. As Christians we need to make sure that in our witnessing, we aren't breaking the law by littering, or other things like that. It's a poor testimony to a watching world.

Our lives are walking gospels. This is what the world sees on a daily basis and reads. In James, James says to "Be ye doers of the word and not hearers only deceiving your own selves." Don't get me wrong, I think handing out tracts is a wonderful ministry. But too often I see people who claim to be Christians. They are all crabby and cross with store employees, or aren't polite to them, and then expect the store employees to take a tract and read it. That person's life speaks louder to the store employee than that paper does.

Brethren we need to make sure we not only know God's word and share it with others, it needs to get down into our hearts and change our lives as well.
    Really I didn't know any of that was against the law? Thank you for telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1210 View Post
    Also, many Catholic churches have a Mass on late Saturday afternoon. they are open a half hour or so before the Mass for confession.

In the back of their churches they usually have some type of literature table.
    I like it! I think I know where I'll be leaving my Easter tracts!
    "...thou art my praise." Jeremiah 17:14