Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

Thank yall for sharing all the great tract sharing techniques. I just got a shipment of free tracts in tonight actually so I am excited to get started! Praying that the Holy Spirit will use this shipment to draw in at least one person.. Hopefully it will be more than that though.

Here is a article I composed many years ago. I guess I can't say composed most I used from other articles I have read on tracts. It has quite a long list of where you could use tracts http://afterdeathwhat.com/forum/inde...opic,17.0.html

Some places to leave tracts.....

In shopping carts

In books at libraries (especially books related to other religions, depression, etc.)

In library/video rental drop boxes (like where you return them)

In public mail boxes (the mail man might find it while collecting mail .....if that's legal)

On benches

On tables in waiting rooms

On tables at resturaunts (even just the one that you sat at)

With a server's tip

At a store where they have a stack of their adds (put them inside of an add)

On public bulliten boards

On the hand driers in restrooms

On your tray at a resturaunt once you put it back

In a tip jar at places like Starbucks

In magazines/newspapers at stores (because popular magazines WILL be sold)

Near the computers at libraries

On (not in) people's mail boxes

In elevators

On busses/taxis/trains/etc.

On car windsheilds (if it's legal in your state)

In people's car windows that are open (if that's legal)

In a greeting card at a store (people will read the card before buying it, so they will find it before giving the card to someone)

In the handles of gas pumps after you pump your gas

I write my own tracts, because most tracts that I've ordered failed to mention repentance and what to do after you are saved. I often copy a tract that I already have, and just add in something about repentance where it talks about how to be saved. I also add an empty box at the bottom that says "What now?" above it, and that box is for whoever is handing them out to write the name of their church or their email address so the person who finds it will have a way to get guidance about what to do next.

In the pocket on the back of the seat in front of you on an airplane? I know that I always end up reading whatever is in the pockets, just out of boredom. I would think anywhere that people are stuck waiting or sitting for a time would be a good place.

It might be a good idea to make a 'bookmark' tract and put into used books that you donate. I've put out a box of free bookmarks with scripture verses on them on the corner of my table at a flea market and quite a few were taken. One lady asked if she could take more than one, for her friends. I said of course she could! You can purchase bookmarks on Ebay from a fellow who sells them at very inexpensive prices and they are very nice.
    So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John 8:36

I've been leaving them on car windows in the parking lots like Walmart the dollar store and the supermarket. Our church is having a revival next week so today I included flyers for that with the tracts. I saw a few people and invited them to the revival in a friendly manner while giving them a little something to read later. They seemed receptive. I noticed that at one of the cars where I left a tract, a lady who left the store, got in the car and sat there reading it for quite a while. Somehow I'm starting to feel more of an urgency about this, and I know I'm not alone my friends. At the book store where I bought my last tracts the guy who checked me out said tract sales were up. and I can attest that the volume has dwindled, though they are getting more in.

Quote Originally Posted by davidswife View Post
    I've been leaving them on car windows in the parking lots like Walmart the dollar store and the supermarket. Our church is having a revival next week so today I included flyers for that with the tracts. I saw a few people and invited them to the revival in a friendly manner while giving them a little something to read later. They seemed receptive. I noticed that at one of the cars where I left a tract, a lady who left the store, got in the car and sat there reading it for quite a while. Somehow I'm starting to feel more of an urgency about this, and I know I'm not alone my friends. At the book store where I bought my last tracts the guy who checked me out said tract sales were up. and I can attest that the volume has dwindled, though they are getting more in.
    I just remembered. I was in the magazine and book section at walmart and thought of the suggestions I saw on here about leaving tracts in books,so I did that as well as in some Cosmopolitans and the pull out section of some mens exercise and sports magazines. I'm praying before I go out "tracting" these days too. It's a little scary sometimes.

This is such a wonderful thread!

As I see, God has planted the same ideas in Christians in other parts of the world. I too do it the same ways like You since many years. Here are my additions:

Put a folded tract in an empty matchbox and put matches over it. Then open it a bit so that the matches are visible. Then "forget" the matchbox on the table of a cafe, restaurant, etc. The next guest will see it and take it.

Make a message in a bottle with a tract and throw it in the sea, a river etc.

Wrap a tract around the stem of a rose, tie a nice bow around it, and hand it out with a smile to strangers. Say something like "Somebody who loves You has told me to give You this rose". Smile again and disappear quickly (I love the look on their faces!). You can also put the rose under the windshield wiper when just nobody is looking.

An oldie but goodie!

Bumping.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

I like to leave tracts and bibles in the little chappel room at my local hospital. Many people go there to pray when they are seaking God for the first time because of tragic things happening. The one at my local hospital is a little room the size of a coat closet with no windows, 4 chairs, an alter, an antique King James bible that nobody will touch, and fake stained glass windows that really just have light bulbs behind them. Not very comforting, so I go there as much as possible and leave bibles on every chair that are bookmarked and highlighted, with a salvation tract and invitation to my church in each one.

It's so good to know that there are fellow "tracters" out there (people who use tracts regularly). I always have tracts in my pocket, and I also keep two or three Spanish tracts. I've found Hispanic people almost always take a tract. I don't speak Spanish, but I know enough to say, "Hablas espanol?" They get a big smile and say, "Si!" I then hand them a Spanish tract, and they always take them. I go for a walk on my lunch break, and I walk through a residential neighborhood, and there are a lot of Hispanic people mowing lawns, and they're usually more than happy to accept your tract.

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminbalos View Post
    It's so good to know that there are fellow "tracters" out there (people who use tracts regularly). I always have tracts in my pocket, and I also keep two or three Spanish tracts. I've found Hispanic people almost always take a tract. I don't speak Spanish, but I know enough to say, "Hablas espanol?" They get a big smile and say, "Si!" I then hand them a Spanish tract, and they always take them. I go for a walk on my lunch break, and I walk through a residential neighborhood, and there are a lot of Hispanic people mowing lawns, and they're usually more than happy to accept your tract.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Suggestions for any good ones? In the past, I have given delivery drivers a small booklet called, Heaven, from Eternal Perspective Ministries, written by Randy Alcorn. It's a brief summary of his larger book, also called Heaven, and at the back, the gospel is clearly presented. I have also handed out Spanish versions of this same booklet, 'Cielo' and the Hispanics for the most part are fairly receptive.
    Sometimes, I think I'd like to try something different, and would like to hear what others have used successfully. You've probably heard of (and maybe even read) John Blanchard's small booklet called, 'Ultimate Questions' that can be ordered from Mulitlanguage Media in just about any language. I've also used that when wanting to witness to someone with a more 'unique' native language. Most people who have immigrated to USA will enjoy reading just about anything in their native language, so that is a great mission field right here at home.
    Thanks.

-Lynn

Recently I've been using several different tracts from Ray Comfort's Living Water store (they're located locally here in Bellflower, but you can order online at www.livingwaters.com); the tracts are under the "Store" tab. They have several tracts that are the size of a business card, which slide perfectly on a car door, between the window and the rubber weather strip (right above the door handle). I actually got this idea seeing a guy putting flyers for a club or rave on a bunch of cars, and thought, "What a great idea..." It's hard to ignore the tract, and I've found that people generally don't like litering, so they'll usually take the tract and put in in their pocket. I've watched people come to their car, take the tract off the door, sit down in the car and read the tract. Also, these small business card-sized tracts fit perfectly in the credit card slot at gas station pumps; after I'm done putting gas, I always slide one in (leaving it partway out), so the next person can find it. Also, if you sign up for Ray Comfort's email, every Friday they send out an email with several of their tracts on sale. So, whenever I want to stock up, I wait until one of the tracts I like is on sale, and buy a bunch of them.

Another tract I like is the Smile Jesus Loves You booklet from www.sowersofseed.com; if you buy in bulk, the tracts are 4 cents a piece, which isn't too bad, considering it's a little booklet, not just a piece of paper. I like those because you can leave them somewhere (park bench, bus stop, etc.) and the wind won't take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Suggestions for any good ones? In the past, I have given delivery drivers a small booklet called, Heaven, from Eternal Perspective Ministries, written by Randy Alcorn. It's a brief summary of his larger book, also called Heaven, and at the back, the gospel is clearly presented. I have also handed out Spanish versions of this same booklet, 'Cielo' and the Hispanics for the most part are fairly receptive.
    Sometimes, I think I'd like to try something different, and would like to hear what others have used successfully. You've probably heard of (and maybe even read) John Blanchard's small booklet called, 'Ultimate Questions' that can be ordered from Mulitlanguage Media in just about any language. I've also used that when wanting to witness to someone with a more 'unique' native language. Most people who have immigrated to USA will enjoy reading just about anything in their native language, so that is a great mission field right here at home.
    Thanks.
    I use this booklet also. I carry several in my car along with other tracts. Once I went into a truck stop while we were traveling and when I paid I gave the cashier a copy of the Heaven booklet. She was thrilled and wanted to know if I had others because she wanted to give them to other co-workers who she had been trying to witness to. So, I went to the car and brought her several in. It was a great encouragement to know that others were trying to witness and I was glad to help.

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

Paul Nyquist, President of Moody Radio said he was saved from a Tract he found on the floor!
    Please ask The Lord to open my daughter's heart, Thank you!

Col 3:15

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy S. View Post
    Paul Nyquist, President of Moody Radio said he was saved from a Tract he found on the floor!
    I wasn't saved by a Tract but finding one about five years ago on a park bench is what gave me the idea to start using them. So, you never know. Someone who is already saved may find one or use the one you give them to witness to someone else. I've even told people I've given them to that if they can't use it to share it someone else.

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Living Waters is a good site for evangelistic materials. I may even have some of their tracts that I forgot I had. so thanks for the reminder.

-Lynn

Some great ideas here. BTW, anyone care to share what they usually say at times when they actually hand them to someone? What words/approach are people most receptive to?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Well, I like to put a Scripture Booklet in a bag of candy, and hand the candy out. "Help From Above" is a good one. http://www.wmpress.org/bksavail.shtml

"I got you candy" and "I'd love to give you some candy". Some people take out the booklet for themselves and give the candy, back.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

When I am paying bills I put them in the envelope along with my check... I also have a shop on etsy and when I make a sale I include a tract with my business card.