Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

simply praying can be just as powerful. for the very shy, becoming a prayer warrior may be your gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ok, I so much feel like I failed. I made up some small bags with4 pieces of candy and a booklet 'the way to God' in them. I was going to hand them out but got scared. Didn't know what to say. I finally was in a store and resolved to give one to the checkout person. I asked her if she ate candy, and she said yes so I gave her a baggie. She put it next to her register for later. She thanked me, but I could not help feeling awkward. I kept thinking, what would I think if a total stranger tried to give me candy? I'd probably be suspicious and wonder if it was poison. I feel like A failure, but I know God can use that one to reach that one person. But do any of you think that it might be disconcerting for a stranger to hand candy to someone? Any advice on how to or where to give it out in the future (I'm super chicken)? Oh, and I was praying the whole day, even fasted but I didn't feel led to go anywhere and hand them out!

I read a great book by Mark Cahill, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven".
    It was very encouraging.
    You are not alone in your feelings about handing out tracts. I find it difficult also.
    I will leave them in places, but I have only actually handed a few to people.

Sometimes I think we let what others think about us affect our actions, and we are afraid of rejection. And we shouldn't feel that way. Easier said than done!

Just keep at it. Something will always be better than nothing

Ok, I so much feel like I failed. I made up some small bags with4 pieces of candy and a booklet 'the way to God' in them. I was going to hand them out but got scared. Didn't know what to say. I finally was in a store and resolved to give one to the checkout person. I asked her if she ate candy, and she said yes so I gave her a baggie. She put it next to her register for later. She thanked me, but I could not help feeling awkward. I kept thinking, what would I think if a total stranger tried to give me candy? I'd probably be suspicious and wonder if it was poison. I feel like A failure, but I know God can use that one to reach that one person. But do any of you think that it might be disconcerting for a stranger to hand candy to someone? Any advice on how to or where to give it out in the future (I'm super chicken)? Oh, and I was praying the whole day, even fasted but I didn't feel led to go anywhere and hand them out!
    You didn't fail. You know what? There's no coinsedences with God. I think He had you hand that to her for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopynstorm View Post
    You didn't fail. You know what? There's no coinsedences with God. I think He had you hand that to her for a reason.
    Thanks Snoopynstorm. And I also just realized, when I hand out one thing (Bible, tract, bag of candy) at a time, I tend to remember the person and the person's name, and I tend to pray for them over the following days. If I had handed out a dozen, I wouldn't have been able to pray as much, or as specifically. I'm sure you are right, God did have a reason for me to give that to her.

Although I don't feel disciplined enough to be a prayer warrior.... sigh. Good thing it's God's job to perfect me, not mine!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Thanks Snoopynstorm. And I also just realized, when I hand out one thing (Bible, tract, bag of candy) at a time, I tend to remember the person and the person's name, and I tend to pray for them over the following days. If I had handed out a dozen, I wouldn't have been able to pray as much, or as specifically. I'm sure you are right, God did have a reason for me to give that to her.

Although I don't feel disciplined enough to be a prayer warrior.... sigh. Good thing it's God's job to perfect me, not mine!
    That's the spirit!

I just started doing this last fall. I put them everywhere. Not sure how many get read but I feel that if even one person read and were saved then it is worth it. I put my tip money in the tracks when I eat out and I leave them in the hospital waiting room. Or where ever I can find a place to put them. Makes me feel like I might have sown a seed somewhere out there and then God can bring someone into their lives to do the harvest.
    Ready for the Rapture

Someone on another forum gave me the idea of making my own homemade gospel tracts.

Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLl8M...CHa50w&index=3

Hopefully, it'll encourge you guys.

Snoopynstorm,

I love that tract! I am amazed, I could really see the Holy Spirit's influence, He helped you put it all together. It must have taken a long time. Thank you for sharing it, it does inspire me. It is a great idea to include your testimony in that too, it gives it a personal touch and I think that's important for sharing the gospel.

Firefly

PS> I also prayed the sinners prayer but realized much later I wasn't really saved by that!
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Yay!

Snoopynstorm,

I love that tract! I am amazed, I could really see the Holy Spirit's influence, He helped you put it all together. It must have taken a long time. Thank you for sharing it, it does inspire me. It is a great idea to include your testimony in that too, it gives it a personal touch and I think that's important for sharing the gospel.

Firefly

PS> I also prayed the sinners prayer but realized much later I wasn't really saved by that!
    Thank you Firefly. You encourged me. The Holy Spirit is using these tracts to help reach people. Praise His most Holy Name!

PS. Praise Jesus for that friend, that you realized that salvation is only by Him!

Default Someone maile me some

It was anonymous. I have no idea who sent them. But along with them was also something advertising raptureready.com, Hal Lindsey site and Lamb and Lion site. There was no return address so I am not sure where they came from. Could have been the baptist church I visited down the street. But if from there, I would have thought they would have let me know as an invite to come back. At first I thought "who thinks I need to get saved?" Did I do something to make someone, that knows my address, think I wasn't saved. And then I thought it was just a nice thing for someone to do.

I have no idea who they came from. But thought it was nice.. I talk about raptureready.com all the time. Maybe God was telling me to start handing/mailing out tracts?

Anyway, nice idea.
    OCEANS OF LOVE and PRAYERS,
    Rita/manytears

i keep 2 or 3 in my tote bag and usually i give them to the person serving me at a checkout
    so as i'm paying for my shopping i hand them a tract and tell them " i like to share my faith in Jesus"
    majority of the time the guy or girl is happy to take it and as i'm a customer it would look bad if they didn't
    "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

-------------------------- To Live Is To Die --------------------------

I have to say something about tracts. Ok, today dad and me went to some places. One was a book store. Well, I put a Bible tract [it was one of the ones ordered from photosforsouls.com] in the restroom. Eventually, I left. Well, it couldn't have been anymore than than 5 or 10 minutes. I went back in. Guess what? The tract was gone! I'm telling you guys this just in case any of you need encourgement. Praise Jesus!

Bump.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Heather/Acts hands out candy in baggies with either tracts or Bibles (I don't remember which). Maybe she will see this post and explain about that and what she says to people when she gives them the baggies.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Quote Originally Posted by HisBeloved View Post
    I read a great book by Mark Cahill, "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven".
    It was very encouraging.
    You are not alone in your feelings about handing out tracts. I find it difficult also.
    I will leave them in places, but I have only actually handed a few to people.

Sometimes I think we let what others think about us affect our actions, and we are afraid of rejection. And we shouldn't feel that way. Easier said than done!

Just keep at it. Something will always be better than nothing
    I have left tracts in places, and God has on occasion let me see the fruit of that.

Just a couple of instances:

I was attending evening school for computer programming one summer. There was a guy in class who seemed vain and full of how handsome he was to the ladies, etc. I couldn't stand his smugness, and despised him in my heart (the Lord was not pleased with my attitude). Well, I would leave a certain tract on a telephone booth shelf in the building hall just outside the classroom.

One day, that fellow came strolling into class. He had on a thin summer dress shirt. In his shirt pocket, was the very tract I had left minutes earlier on the phone booth shelf! The Lord used that to show me that I am not to judge who is, and who is not, going to be saved.

Another instance, years later where instead of my despising someone, I was instead discouraged, and was wondering if leaving all these tracts was doing any good (how soon we forget!). I had dropped my car off at a local Sears auto repair shop, and was taking the bus home. A Hindu woman (that little dot on her forehead told me that much) got on the bus, and in her hand ... was a Chick tract I had just left outside!

So, lessons to take from this are:

1. Don't presume you know who God is going to save (He may well surprise you!)
    2. Don't get discouraged (Leaving tracts out for someone to find is not an effort in vain!)

God bless all you tract hander-outers and laying-them-downers.

I just recently bought some tracts to share, something that I have never done before but feel moved to do now.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the posters in this thread for sharing their ideas/stories/encouragement. I don't consider myself an extrovert by any means and I can certainly see the apprehension involved in giving these to strangers. I think some of my insecurity in doing so comes from the fact that spiritually I'm just a baby. Having said that, God has put me in a place in life where there is a witnessing opportunity to many many people, either directly or indirectly each day.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by aub1971 View Post
    I just recently bought some tracts to share, something that I have never done before but feel moved to do now.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the posters in this thread for sharing their ideas/stories/encouragement. I don't consider myself an extrovert by any means and I can certainly see the apprehension involved in giving these to strangers. I think some of my insecurity in doing so comes from the fact that spiritually I'm just a baby. Having said that, God has put me in a place in life where there is a witnessing opportunity to many many people, either directly or indirectly each day.

JB
    A saying I have heard is, "Grow where God has planted you." Those people with whom you have contact are people God wants you to reach out to. The Holy Spirit will give you boldness at the times He wants you to directly hand a tract to someone. Other times, indirect is just fine--just leave the tract as the Spirit prompts you. Remember, God knows the location of every tract left for someone to find, and is able to direct people to your tract.

I have a story I heard to share with you. A man testified how he came to faith. He said he was backpacking out in the woods somewhere, a place pretty remote if I remember correctly. As he was walking along the forest path, he saw a piece of paper on the ground, and a page was flapping in the wind. He picked it up. It was a tract. He read it, and got saved.

So, like I said, God knows the location of every tract you lay down somewhere. He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. He'll direct people according to His purposes.

Here's a final thought I shared with someone who was helping me hand out tracts on a cold Winter's day in downtown Chicago. She was from a nearby bible school; she was enjoying a lazy morning in bed, and she told me the Lord had told her to get up and go outside, because someone was needing her help. She came outside and saw a tract being blown along by the wind. I was taking shelter from the cold wind in a newspaper stand (a kiosk, I guess you'd call it nowadays?), and watched her run past chasing the tract. When she came back, she saw me standing there out of the wind. We talked, and I told her what I was doing, and so I handed her half the tracts and we handed them out together. (Did I mention it was a really cold and windy day, LOL?) Anyway, she came by me a little later and said to me, brother, I get so discouraged. I hand a tract to someone, and when they see what it it, they throw it down in disgust. I thought about that a moment, and told her, It's not our job to convict people's hearts--that's the Holy Spirit's job. Our job is to give out the Word.

So, I would encourage you not to get discouraged if you don't see results right away. Our job is to give out the gospel. Let the Holy Spirit convict people's heart.