Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts

I may try and do this. I'm not an outgoing person but want to help spread the Good News. I like some of the suggestions of where you place the tracts.

JesusFreak78 Guest

There are so many good ideas here to sharing tracts. Thanks.

I mentioned this in another thread, but try putting a tract in a baggie with a handful of candy. HUGELY popular. I call it Driver Candy.

For the diabetics and healthy-minded, I even carry Sugarfree candy (only a few per bag - more than about 3 pieces a day will be a disaster), and a tract/scripture booklet with a little 1 ounce bag of peanuts.

A lady at my Christian bookstore likes to rubber band one to a bottle of water, and hand it out on a hot day!

I also put them in baggies of candy (a child-themed tract) on Halloween.

Here's another good one, Patty.

Hospital waiting rooms - any kind of waiting room.
    I can't "distribute" literature at work, but we have a book exchange. I bring in New Testaments, Bibles, inspirational romance novels, secondhand devotionals, and Christian living books "For the book exchange". I found some kiddie Bibles and put them out - they were all gone within 10 minutes.

Then I took home an old catalog someone had left out. I didn't distribute - I "exchanged".

Victor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    My favorite method. I rely on public transit. I carry a tote bag. It's filled with "Driver Candy".

I put a tract, New Testament (I use the Holman "Invitation"), and Scripture booklet in a quart ziplock. Then I add some candy. I use a mix of hard candy, gum, and caramels because they don't melt in the heat. I give them to drivers, cashiers, and other people as the Spirit leads me.

I have handed out many bags, and 99% of the recipients take it with a big grin. It is very fun to see someone reading the tract as they eat a piece of candy. I even carry some with a few (you only want to give a few pieces of sugarfree) pieces of sugarfree candy if someone is diabetic. I get the diabetic candy at a Dollar store, and the bulk candy at Sam's Club.

I have done it with a snack sized baggie and a tract, too. It's always a big hit, and the believers LOVE it.

I only got one complaint from a taxi driver; someone had stolen the New Testament out of her cab! I was happy to give her another.
    That's Awesome - lol's

><>

Gary Rich Guest

my goal on a daily basis is to pass out at least a couple dozen salvation tracts. Whenever i leave my house in the morning, i always take a pocket full of tracts with me. You just never know when God is going to send a divine appointment your way

pray in the morning before you leave your house, for God to send you a divine appointment, and He will use you and your tracts. The latest poll i read on the percentage of Christians who actually share their faith is about 2% of all believers. So God will use you if your willing

also - the thread " Top 10 Ways to Share Gospel Tracts " has some good tips on places to leave tracts

Gary Rich Guest

and i thought i was the only daring one to throw tracts inside car windows and sunroofs, i love reading all these witnessing stories, gives me encouragement

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by ReadytoGoNow View Post
    I don't personally hand them to anyone, but I do leave them everywhere. Resturaunts, restrooms, stores... wherever I am. I figure God will lead people who need them to where they are. I keep a stash of them in my purse so I have them wherever I go.
    I always hope my little bit helps at least one person.
    that is what I do too. i also deliever tracts door to door with friends from time to time
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Gary Rich Guest

Victor, i love the stairway picture, fits the saying : a picture is worth a thousand words

and the link to the Bema Judgement Seat web-site is really awesome !!!

Fishing4Jesus Guest

Hi, I am new to Rapture Ready. I appreciate all of the ideas on how to share tracts. A couple of ways my wife and I have shared tracts has been to put them in the tube at the drive thru teller at the bank. You can send them to the teller or leave them in the tube as you leave. I have also placed tracts in the breakroom at work. They can also be handed to the check out clerks in stores when paying or in return of your receipt.

I like the bank teller idea. I've done that a couple times.

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

Flo Grace Guest

There are some great ideas here. I'm currently using the public phone booth idea. Each time I've gone back the tracts are gone. So I just pray that they are being read and making a difference!! Thanks all for the great ideas xxxx

Worldforrent Guest

I have seen that people leave them in public restrooms, but they end up in the urinals. Not a good place to leave them.
    I think that the best way is to put them in someone's hand. Leaving them in places is a bit wasteful, and can be considered littering. Also, leaving them seems to me a bis passive aggressive.

I passed them out in Las Vegas once. Right next to people passing out horrible material about prostitutes. It was a hit.

Gary Rich Guest

be sure to always spend some time in prayer, asking God for His Presence and Protection before you go passing out gospel tracts, soul winning is a spiritual warfare battle, satan will fight against you, the Lord's divine protection will help you win many lost souls to His Kingdom

Great ideas! Someone, a few posts back, mentioned "time release" tracts, LOL, where a person won't find them for a while.

Can you give examples or ideas of where you could do that? I love the idea but I'm coming up blank.

Thanks!!

One thing that comes to mind - if you donate books, you could put a tract in it. Clothing, too. Whoever goes through the donation, or whoever buys it, would find it. I would not go to the bookstore and put tracts into the books.

Handing them out in a little baggie of candy seems to work for me. I had a Muslim cab driver today, he was happy to get it, and it wasn't the first bag I'd given him.

Putting it on someone else's property could be problematic these days, so I prefer to hand them out direct. If, as Gary mentioned, you are grounded in the Holy Spirit and truly seeking God's will, it will be productive.

I have even stood on a street corner with a sign that said "Free Bibles" - on the median strip. The left-turning cars would roll down the window and I would hand them however many they wanted. I handed out over 70 in one hour. They had tracts inside, and I pray for all recipients daily. Normally I am a very retiring person but I had a blast doing this. Sure, I got plenty of wierd looks and "I'm ignoring you" attitudes; the funniest was the guy who rolled down his window and spent the whole light cycle criticizing my sign and telling me how I needed to improve it. I kept trying to give him a Bible, he said no. Oh, well. I'm still praying for him.

Gary Rich Guest

here's another example of a "time release tract" , being that it is getting warm outside , people tend to leave their car windows open in shopping center parking lots. Putting a gospel tract in the back window, it will lay on the floor of the car for a day or two till the owner finds it

and : putting tracts inside magazines in grocery stores- the magazine may not be bought for days or weeks, and yet still has your gospel tract inside it

Throwing one in a car window is fine but please DON'T put one under the windshield wiper, folks!!! I dunno about YOUR states, but it is illegal in mine. It's called "tampering", just by TOUCHING another person's automobile, and you can get a fine.

One time I left flyers on a parking lot FULL of cars, putting them under the windshield wipers. A cop just happened to see me and them (lol) and HE MADE ME REMOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! It was summertime and hot as blazes out. I just about had a heat stroke going back through that large parking lot, lolol. He actually STOOD there and watched me, to make sure I removed every single one, believe it or not.

NEVER AGAIN!!! So please don't do that. There are soooo many other good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Waiting4Jesus View Post
    Throwing one in a car window is fine but please DON'T put one under the windshield wiper, folks!!! I dunno about YOUR states, but it is illegal in mine. It's called "tampering", just by TOUCHING another person's automobile, and you can get a fine.

One time I left flyers on a parking lot FULL of cars, putting them under the windshield wipers. A cop just happened to see me and them (lol) and HE MADE ME REMOVE EVERY ONE OF THEM!!! It was summertime and hot as blazes out. I just about had a heat stroke going back through that large parking lot, lolol. He actually STOOD there and watched me, to make sure I removed every single one, believe it or not.

NEVER AGAIN!!! So please don't do that. There are soooo many other good ideas!

I agree with this post but for two other reasons which I've posted in the past .

Number one - This irritates most people (not all, but most). They just don't like for any flyer, etc. stuck under the wiper. They have to get it out and most of the time they don't even notice it until they've gotten behind the wheel. Then they have to get out of the car to remove it. That's an irritant even before they've read it.

Number two - People notice they are on all the cars and in their mind it's like spamming and not really something that's just for them. I prefer to just put them on a couple cars near my car in a parking lot.

Number three - Even if it's not illegal in your state (it's not in mine) a parking lot security guard is likely to notice if you are placing them on all the cars in a lot and ask you not to do that.

Below is a photo of where I will stick a tract as I walk by a car. You can already have it folded slightly (this is what helps hold it in the handle), then as you walk by the car you can slip it in the handle(driver's side) without even stopping. You can only do this on cars with this type handle but the majority of cars have these now.

" I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
    Job 19:25

Do you want to reach people for Christ with the Gospel message of salvation?

Gary Rich Guest

Hi MsSophie, i just had to say i have started trying your tracting method of placing the tract in the door handle, and I LIKE IT. Even better than under the windshield wipers, cause the car owner will have to see the tract when they go to open their car door

i have been passing out tracts for years, and never thought of putting them in the door handle. This is what makes this forum a great fellowship - sharing new ideas for spreading the gospel message !!!