Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birth Pains vs Times Of Noah

GOD'S GIRL!! Guest

Question Birth Pains vs Times Of Noah

But as the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the man shall be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the day that Noah entered into the Ark. Matt. 24:37-38

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• wars and rumors of wars
    • many shall be decieved
    • nation rise against nation
    • famines
    • pestilences
    • EARTHQUAKES
    • birthpains, birthpains, birthpains, birthpains!

After waking up and hearing about the terrible earthquake in China and the turmoil they are in. In addition to Haiti and Chili or those having famine and pestilence problems...the nations against nations and war areas. I was thinking about the above scripture verse. And wondered HOW could the world be EATING, DRINKING AND GIVING IN MARRIAGE when all the above turmoil listed from scripture will be going on.??.

How can the earth be suffering with these problems and there still be marrying (partying, people having fun) going on??? Does that mean for the areas NOT effected?

If these on the list will get like BIRTH PAINS....meaning they'll get steadily worse....how can we still be enjoying life as in the days of Noah??

I'm NOT trying to contradic the scripture. I BELIEVE IN EVERY WORD!! I know God's word is TRUE! I find myself scraping my head trying to understand how we can be doing and living both these at the same time.

adam423 Guest

I was thinking how much longer can this go on. Not just another earthquake, the cyclone in India, the volcana in Iceland. Like you mentioned all the turmoil in the middle East. Then I looked at the long, long list of prayer requests from members here. Families are in crisis, marriages broken, children hurting....

Really how much longer will God continue the birth pains? I'm going to work in a few minutes. I'm calling my daughter on the way to work since she has doubts about her salvation and then I'm talking to my co-worker/best friend about her salvation too. We've got to be close and I don't want to leave anyone behind!!

Many people here in the US act like nothing is going on and it's life as usual. Maybe the whole world doesn't have to be eating, drinking, and giving in marriage.

Castle Guest

I believe thats a Rapture reference, and the days of Noah still put us in an era in which most of the world hasn't yet reached "terminal labor" yet, thus most of the Christian world will be living a "normal life" at the time of the rapture.

Unlike the end of the Tribulation, in which there will be:
    - Total darkness
    - 100 Lb hailstones falling
    - The world on the brink of total destruction (if jesus hadn't returned, the world would have been destroyed)
    - No water to drink (water will have been turned to blood) - so people will be on the verge of total dehydration and struggling to live)

Hardly a "time of Noah" IMO.

This is just one of about 6 different reasons I believe the above scriptures refer to the Rapture - but I hate to see that whole thread again

Well, my son asked his college sweetheart to marry him last March. They're wdding is slated for Aygust 7 this year. Do you thiunk he should cancel his wedding? And if so, how will that help those who are suffering elsewhere? We're watching and are aware that there are disasters abounding around this world and people are suffering. I just don't see anything in the Bible that indicates that we should cancel the wedding. It's not because we are unaware of or indifferent to the suffering and the nearness of the rapture.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Christina Guest

I was just saying to DH last night that unless one is actually watching and looking for the signs God warned us about, life seems normal. I've spoken to so many people just to see what they think and I am surprised to see that the majority of them don't see anything that different. Sure, they'll say there seems to be more earthquakes but then they'll chalk it up to the earth shifting, something natural. They'll say that the Middle East has always been going back and forth as it is now, they'll say there's always been famine in different parts of the world so in other words........they see everything as normal therefore life continues as normal, drinking and eating and giving in marriage.....because they aren't "watching" and looking as we are, they don't see it as we do. I've even spoken to believers who don't "see it"

While Noah was building the Ark he was warning of the comeing judgement from God. People laughed at him, even today with prophecy being fullfilled people are doing just as they did with Noah. Some may "wake up" before it's too late. But sadly even after the rapture there will be people who still won't believe.

Most lost people are too busy in the microcosm of their lives to care about changes in world events. Those who do notice don't believe what the Bible says about end times because they don't believe God wrote the Book.
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by GOD'S GIRL!! View Post
    But as the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the man shall be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the day that Noah entered into the Ark. Matt. 24:37-38[/CENTER]
    Birth pangs and days of Noah are during the tribulation

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Christina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EarsToHear View Post
    Most lost people are too busy in the microcosm of their lives to care about changes in world events. Those who do notice don't believe what the Bible says about end times because they don't believe God wrote the Book.
    Exxxxxactly

Question

Ok. One thing that intrigued me about the Hale-Bopp comet...

It has been calculated that the previous visit by Hale-Bopp occurred in July 2215 BC.[28] The comet may have presented a similar sight to people then, as the estimated closest approach to Earth was 1.4 AU, but no records of it have survived. Hale-Bopp may have had a near collision with Jupiter in early June 2215 BC, which probably caused a dramatic change in its orbit, and 2215 BC may have been its first passage through the inner solar system.[28]
    ...from Wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Hale-Bopp

I had heard that, in 2215 BC, Noah was alive. Anybody else hear that?

A sign in the sun, moon, and stars?

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
    and a light unto my path."

Psalm 119:105

I remember that while reading the Left Behind series, I was amazed at how people's hearts were so hardened. All the horrendous things that were described as going on around them, and these people just explained everything away. It is happening now, in real life. Things are happening that totally line up with Biblical prophecy, and people are brushing it aside with the standard, "Things have always been like this" reply. I honestly believe that this is what God meant about things being as they were in the times of Noah. Man's "intelligence" is blinding him to what is happening. People have pushed God so far out of their lives that He doesn't even factor into their equation when explaining today's events. There is a scientific explanation for everything, apparently. Those who have opened their hearts to Jesus have had their eyes opened, thus allowing them to see things for what they are, God's final warning to mankind. Those who have hardened their hearts will not see, because they choose not to.

Let us thank God that He chose us and loves us and that we were able to accept and receive His gift of Grace. While the rest of the world remains blind, our eyes will remain open as we wait for the trumpet to sound...
    "Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it."

Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)

GOD'S GIRL!! Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    Well, my son asked his college sweetheart to marry him last March. They're wdding is slated for Aygust 7 this year. Do you thiunk he should cancel his wedding? And if so, how will that help those who are suffering elsewhere? We're watching and are aware that there are disasters abounding around this world and people are suffering. I just don't see anything in the Bible that indicates that we should cancel the wedding. It's not because we are unaware of or indifferent to the suffering and the nearness of the rapture.
    jadeeyes My son and daughter just recently became engaged a month ago. They with their spouses to be are planning on getting hitched july and august of next yr. I've debated to tell them they might now have time and need to move it up to this year. But, my daughter and daughter in law to be are wanting to wait until they graduate from college summer of next year. They know I believe we are in the last days. My son says I'm addicted to rapture sites. All are good Christian adults and are active in church. They just don't see the warning signs and connect the dots.

So to answer your question. I'm not sure I'm understanding why to cancel. Maybe to bring it closer so they could enjoy and experience being married.

jadeeyes My son and daughter just recently became engaged a month ago. They with their spouses to be are planning on getting hitched july and august of next yr. I've debated to tell them they might now have time and need to move it up to this year. But, my daughter and daughter in law to be are wanting to wait until they graduate from college summer of next year. They know I believe we are in the last days. My son says I'm addicted to rapture sites. All are good Christian adults and are active in church. They just don't see the warning signs and connect the dots.

So to answer your question. I'm not sure I'm understanding why to cancel. Maybe to bring it closer so they could enjoy and experience being married.
    Okay, it appears that I misunderstood what you meant. I'm sorry I misunderstood. I agree that they shou'dn't cancel or postpone their wedding, but it's also too late for them to move it up. They've reserved the church and Pastor and a bnaquet hall. All their friends and relatives have the date set aside and we've scheduled a cookout/shower at our rec club and the bride's family has scheduled another shower for June. By the way, congrats on the your son's and daughter's engagements.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
    I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

But as the days of Noah, so shall the coming of the man shall be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the day that Noah entered into the Ark. Matt. 24:37-38
    Here's how I understand it. I do believe it is a reference to His Second Coming (per context), but the thing is, it is comparing Noah's day with that coming future day (2nd Coming), by saying "AS"...

"As" what? Well, we must look at the following verse, too (Matthew 24:39), which says, "And [they] knew not until the flood came, and took them all away. So shall also the coming of the Son of Man be." This is the main point of these three verses... the point being, that even though Noah had preached of a coming flood for many years, the majority of people "knew not until the flood came"... how can this possibly be?! Of course they had to "know"! Noah TOLD them what to expect!

Yet, they disregarded God's Word (via Noah) and went about "living life" as if it would never end, as if everything were the same as it had always been, completely denying the fact that judgment was on its way, just as Noah had said. "They knew not until"...

and this is how it will also be leading up to His Second Coming. Many will continue on in their "unbelief" that the Judge is Coming. Even with all the "evidence" He will give during the trib...

I think it is showcasing "the attitude/mindset" of those in Noah's day (THEY were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage... and so they didn't acknowledge God's Word... but the future TRIB FOLKS won't necessarily be DOING those same exact things, literally [it doesn't say THEY will]... they WILL be exhibiting the same attitude AS in Noah's day [who were literally "eating and drinking (etc), and knew not until..."], and therefore will also... "know not until". Their attitude generally being that of "disregarding God's Word.")

Hope that made some sense.

(Sorry Castle... )

Quote Originally Posted by jadeeyes View Post
    Your son and future daughter in law should continue with thier plans! We dont know when the rapture will occur it could be today but it could also be many years from now. We are supposed to keep watch but still live are lives and if two people are in love and want to unite they should. We cant stop earhquakes or any other disaster for that matter no matter what we do. God has a plan! In the interum He wants us to live our lives giving him the glory. If we can help others that get caught in these disasters through prayer through giving to proper charities or even going on mission trips to help we should this will please God even if our time is short.

Quote Originally Posted by sahopper View Post
    Many people here in the US act like nothing is going on and it's life as usual. Maybe the whole world doesn't have to be eating, drinking, and giving in marriage.
    I agree! I am definitely not and never will doubt or put words into our wonderful God's mouth, but I tend to believe GOD was speaking from a standpoint of "Non-Believers".... Why? As believers, we see where the world is today, we know what is going on, that we are very near to the end... Non-Believers do not even consider the Bible or what's in it... (surely most do not)... So from that standpoint, the words of God as always are right on target...!
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

JesusIsLord Guest

Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Here's how I understand it. I do believe it is a reference to His Second Coming (per context), but the thing is, it is comparing Noah's day with that coming future day (2nd Coming), by saying "AS"...

"As" what? Well, we must look at the following verse, too (Matthew 24:39), which says, "And [they] knew not until the flood came, and took them all away. So shall also the coming of the Son of Man be." This is the main point of these three verses... the point being, that even though Noah had preached of a coming flood for many years, the majority of people "knew not until the flood came"... how can this possibly be?! Of course they had to "know"! Noah TOLD them what to expect!

Yet, they disregarded God's Word (via Noah) and went about "living life" as if it would never end, as if everything were the same as it had always been, completely denying the fact that judgment was on its way, just as Noah had said. "They knew not until"...

and this is how it will also be leading up to His Second Coming. Many will continue on in their "unbelief" that the Judge is Coming. Even with all the "evidence" He will give during the trib...

I think it is showcasing "the attitude/mindset" of those in Noah's day (THEY were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage... and so they didn't acknowledge God's Word... but the future TRIB FOLKS won't necessarily be DOING those same exact things, literally [it doesn't say THEY will]... they WILL be exhibiting the same attitude AS in Noah's day [who were literally "eating and drinking (etc), and knew not until..."], and therefore will also... "know not until". Their attitude generally being that of "disregarding God's Word.")

Hope that made some sense.

(Sorry Castle... )

The "flood" symbolizes the day of judgment.....this happens at His Second Coming (Sheep and Goats Judgment). The "days of Noah" refer to the time period just before the judgment (IE: Tribulation). True, there are many judgments during the Tribulation, so some might interpret the Days of Noah to mean the time period just before the Tribulation. But there's a detail we have to catch here: "Swept them all away". Not everyone gets swept away in the Tribulation. However, just like the Flood in Noah's day, all unbelievers will be swept away at His Second Coming (the one "Taken" is taken to judgment......the other "Left" will enter the Millennial Kingdom).

People are, and getting more ignorant, narcissistic, selfish, and egotistical day after day. And having a president, who should be a role model, just like that doesn't help with how people should view themselves.

People either don't care about the pain and suffering, or they give up, thinking they can't make any sort of impact on the problems.

I like this verse: "in the times of Noah". Noah was righteous enough to be saved from the flood, while the rest of the world suffered. And just like that, the righteous in Christ, the believers, will be spared from the tribulation thanks to the Rapture. God is good.

GOD'S GIRL!! Guest

Smile

Megan,

I've been noticing your post for a while now. You look sooo young to have such words of wisdom!!! Do you mind me asking how old you are?

God has truly given you much wisdom and discernment!! And, your posts are such a delight to read!! I'm glad you're a part of the RR family!