Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Earth Day": A pagan celebration

Preach "Earth Day": A pagan celebration

What kind of theology could attract a half-billion people from 180 countries? Nearly every school in North America will observe this day. Churches will emphasize it all week. Some of you will probably bow out of the hoopla April 22, but tens of millions won't. They insist on bowing down to "Mother Earth" on Earth Day.. .....
    http://www.olivetreeviews.org/

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

All movements and campaigns have their own "bible." For the Earth Day crowd the 1970 book The Environmental Handbook, is their guide. The book states that each tree and stream has its own guardian spirit. And Christianity is hugely at fault for environmental woes. They think we believe that it is God's will to exploit nature (p. 20-21). Thanks to Christianity, we will see a worsening ecological crisis (p. 25).

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

the National National Council of Churches is supportive of earth day.

even some willow creek association churches support earth day.

I was at the one in my town and did get some free stuff (that and a friend works at one booth and went and saw her after a meeting I had the other day)

and it is very paganistic and very leftist from the vibe I got at the event.
    Last edited by billiefan2000; April 22nd, 2010 at 04:41 PM.
    For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

TheRedeemer Guest

Happy Eliminating All References To Him Day, everyone!

I'm surprised that some churches are welcoming this event.

Romans 1:25 - They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Prophetic words...
    Proverbs 3:5,6
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.

cocopea9052 Guest

I don't care, I don't care and I don't care...

(this is just my opinion)

I really, really, really dislike this "earth day" nonsense..... people are more then willing to embrass the earth.....but forget and often times hate the creator of the earth..... The more this world celebrates everything that isn't God, the further away from God they will go....

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Quote Originally Posted by BrideOfChrist View Post
    Romans 1:25 - They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Prophetic words...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This whole charade has an interesting history and as most things has been hijacked by the leftist eviro nuts.

Look up the history of Earth Day founder John McConnell Jr. Here was a well intentioned evangelical preacher who got run over by the goofy birkenstock wearing loons of the hippy movement.

Proof that Christians should beware of mixing with atheist leftists.
    There is One King, and He is not this guy.

Oh yeah, Earth Day. Time to turn on all my lights.

Zerozx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    You too? That's how I celebrated.

WarGamer Guest

I could care less about Pagan Day. I don't get this whole planet worship stuff that's picking up so much steam lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
    I did that last year to show my protest.
    Last edited by EarsToHear; April 22nd, 2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: clarity
    Rom. 8:19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
    Rom. 8:28 God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Sari Guest

When I was young {early 20s} I used to attend the first few Earth Day celebrations thinking the movement was cool. I was not a Christian and totally suggestible to the dark agendas of countless groups that began quietly attaching themselves to this movement.

Earth Day is not an innocent, positive celebration of life as it's leaders insist. It is NOT about recycling cans and bottles or "going green". Radical feminists use the day to promote infanticide or remaining childless altogether to protect the air we breathe. And don't get me started on the marajuana advocates ..... Earth Day is a pothead's dream.

Atheists, false religions, and apostate Christians embrace this day because they need something--ANYTHING-- to fill the vacuum in their empty hearts. Satan is always more than willing to oblige.

We stand with Israel
    Genesis 12 verse 3

rreighe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BarbT View Post
    When I was young {early 20s} I used to attend the first few Earth Day celebrations thinking the movement was cool. I was not a Christian and totally suggestible to the dark agendas of countless groups that began quietly attaching themselves to this movement.

Earth Day is not an innocent, positive celebration of life as it's leaders insist. It is NOT about recycling cans and bottles or "going green". Radical feminists use the day to promote infanticide or remaining childless altogether to protect the air we breathe. And don't get me started on the marajuana advocates ..... Earth Day is a pothead's dream.

Atheists, false religions, and apostate Christians embrace this day because they need something--ANYTHING-- to fill the vacuum in their empty hearts. Satan is always more than willing to oblige.
    yeah dont forget that two days ago was 420 (weed day) where a lot of people go and "celebrate" by smoking the living daylights out of themselves...

cocopea9052 Guest

Why can't we celebrate "Earth Day" with a departure from it...

Radical feminists use [Earth Day] to promote infanticide ... to protect the air we breathe.
    This should be a bumper sticker of some sort.

Earth Day is a pothead's dream.
    This one, too.

I am sure it is used in some way to promote the homosexual agenda as well. They are all shameless.

Tsk tsk

My grandson & I were watching Sprout TV this morning.

As a way of celebrating Earth Day, they were teaching kids to sing that old favorite we learned in Sunday School, "We got the whole world in our hands...."

"A double minded man
    is unstable in all his ways."

James 1:8

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    My grandson & I were watching Sprout TV this morning.

As a way of celebrating Earth Day, they were teaching kids to sing that old favorite we learned in Sunday School, "We got the whole world in our hands...."

That's disgusting.