Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarah McLachlan and Bon Jovi as "worship" music in church

Omaha Nebraska and Dreamland when I am sleeping

Default Sarah McLachlan and Bon Jovi as "worship" music in church

found this online since we brought up Miley Cyrus music being used as worship music during church services

it is from some church called Parkview Christian Church

is it me or have our seeker churches now gone from worshiping GOD to doing concerts under the guise of "worship"

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:21)

Christina Guest

, is this for real? This is in a church and one of the lines in the second song says "when every step I took in faith deceived me".....does the Bible (and the church) not teach that we are to walk by FAITH???

heart_changed99 Guest

And what churches are these? United Church of Self?

ummmmm, ok?

i am literally stunned!!

One of my hippy friends considers They May Be Giants to be very 'holy' and 'spiritual'

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

I couldn't even watch both of all the way through, the first time I walk in my home church & they are doing music like this, is the day I turn around & leave with Dh & the girls. Some churches seem to be getter farther & farther away from true Bible teachings for fear of offending someone. We don't call sin, sin in many churches any more, I'm, afraid to know just how much worse it will get before the Lord calls us home. Every day this nation & so many people are getting away from God, then you have churches that allow this music.
    I have my HOPE in JESUS because HE made a CHANGE in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    One of my hippy friends considers They May Be Giants to be very 'holy' and 'spiritual'

TMBG is folk music, yes, but not spirtual music

Istanbul btw is a great song of there's

Quote Originally Posted by heart_changed99 View Post
    And what churches are these? United Church of Self?
    they are seeker-driven churches which believes being missional and relevant is more important than anything else

Sarah McLachlan - Sweet Surrender Lyrics

it doesnít mean much
    It doesnít mean anything at all
    The life Iíve left behind me
    Is a cold room
    Iíve crossed the last line
    From where I canít return
    Where every step I took in faith
    Betrayed me
    And led me from my home
    And sweet
    Sweet surrender
    Is all that I have to give
    You take me in
    No questions asked
    You strip away the ugliness
    That surrounds me
    Are you an angel
    Am I already that gone
    I only hope
    That I wonít disappoint you
    When Iím down here
    On my knees
    And sweet
    Sweet
    Sweet surrender
    Sweet
    Sweet
    Sweet surrender
    And I donít understand
    By the touch of your hand
    I would be the one to fall
    I miss the little things
    I miss everything (about you)
    It doesnít mean much
    It doesnít mean anything at all
    The life I left behind me
    Is a cold room
    And sweet
    Sweet
    Sweet surrender

=====================================

it's my life by Bon Jovi lyrics

This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
    No silent prayer for the faith-departed
    I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
    You're gonna hear my voice
    When I shout it out loud

[Chorus:]
    It's my life
    It's now or never
    I ain't gonna live forever
    I just want to live while I'm alive
    (It's my life)
    My heart is like an open highway
    Like Frankie said
    I did it my way
    I just wanna live while I'm alive
    It's my life

This is for the ones who stood their ground
    For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
    Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
    Luck ain't even lucky
    Got to make your own breaks

It's my life
    And it's now or never
    I ain't gonna live forever
    (It's my life)
    Like Frankie said
    I did it my way
    'Cause it's my life

Better stand tall when they're calling you out
    Don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down

It's my life
    And it's now or never
    'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
    (It's my life)
    Like Frankie said
    I did it my way

It's my life
    And it's now or never
    'Cause I ain't gonna live forever
    (It's my life)
    Like Frankie said
    I did it my way
    'Cause it's my life!

One of the reasons we left our old church was because they covered Aerosmith's Livin' on the Edge during the offering. Was supposed to be relevant to the sermon topic.

When we moved to our current city and were visiting churches, one performed a Coldplay song during the worship service. That was our first and last visit to that church. I think U2 gets a lot of play in the seeker churches. You can pick those out by the worship leader's rose colored glasses.

This is really sad, music is such an important part of worship.

Song lyrics like anything else should be scriptually sound.

These churches are so lost in their teachings, they may as well be charging admission and putting on a concert. <pass the beer>

Ugh!

Hippies are always rearing their ugly haired heads in weird ways....
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Quote Originally Posted by UberMaben View Post
    One of the reasons we left our old church was because they covered Aerosmith's Livin' on the Edge during the offering.

I'm telling you, things have not just gotten creepily apostate, but downright idiotic.
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

If I heard songs like that at a worship service, I'd be making a quick exit.

Take one and pass it on!

Good hymns have gone the way of the dodo bird. Also more modern music that had good content. Churches always seem to have to "update" worship music.

woodswalker Guest

Sigh... I like some rock music but I have no interest in hearing it in my Church. My friends new Church routinely plays secular music before and after services. I do not get how Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" creates a God honoring environment but my friend thought that it was wonderful. She is a long time Christian, saved in a bible Church but now a member of this Apostate congregation. . It breaks my heart that she has fallen hook, line and sinker for this stuff.

Amber Lynne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lynne View Post
    Yes. But also keep in mind she's one of those 'It doesn't matter what god I worship, they're all the same thing and I know I'm going to Heaven 'cause I'm a good person'.

For the longest time she has been trying to get me to read a book called 'Finding the god within'

My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

A Government big enough to give you anything you want, is also big enough to take away everything you have

Br Philip Guest

personaly i dont think any song revised or "suited' for Christian worship is from God--------- God said He wants a new song --------- he does not want someones elses revamped with different lyrics

LOOK at the Roots of music and the song itself - it should be plain----

would God listen to this in heaven

these "christians" who listen to Rap and Heavy metal-------- in so-called christian form -- it is a lie , it is holding on to FLESH and conforming to the world--------------personally the Spirit convicts me and i really have no taste for it, i listen to christians music sometimes------- but when I want GOD I listen to sermons on the radio ---------- if i want music i listen to music-------- i like Peace when i worship and if music is in the background soft instrumental------- but mostly I like silence-thats me though

what some Christians may overlook or even not want to hear--------- Is satan used to be in charge of worship----------- in heaven--------- and he knows music-- I believe it is in our soul --------- but satan can manipulate music to produce action in us----------- this music we hear now to me breeds hyperactiveness and mental slavery to the beat------------- but this is also my opinion

this verse---Eze 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
    Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    Eze 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

it seams SEMI clear- in english --- but i decided to get a copy of the original Hebrew text
    I had a Rabbi read it------- read in Hebrew it shows love and Gods disappointment, it also showed Emotions, a present that God gave lucifer , a musical instrument of some kind, a tabret, a beautiful gift , and lucifer was the head Cherub that Covereth------this means in charge of everything-----and we ALL KNOW worship is second to none in heaven--------------- after his Fall---------

God never mentioned lucifers name -------- as a matter of fact THIS ANGEL'same is never mentioned in any writtings------------ Lucifer is not his name, it is a Latin name given him for his arrogance and or brightness his attributes i guess we could say-------- some books like Enoch talk about azazel but most Rabbis' say God Blotted THIS ANGEL's name from all writings and for all time----- food for thought

Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

MY point is music is in Our Make-up-------------------- and satan was in charge and satan KNOWs how to Sway and decieve better than we think---------- think about it

All the angels were in heaven when God made the earth and everything in it , it appears this way

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
    Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
    Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
    Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

when the angels were ther exactly who knows-BUT they were there to SEE GOD IN ACTION

and satan's deceptive qualities Convinced angels to rebel with him--------if satan is this good we need to be very careful how and what we do --------------- My advice stay in scripture it is safe ground------- my 2 cents