Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Nazarene evangelist Dan Bohi?

  1. #1
    lynne1 Guest

    Default Nazarene evangelist Dan Bohi?

    So enjoy this forum. Thanks for letting me join. My questions fall under this category and mostly to some of the folks in the Kansas area. Are you familiar with a nazarene evangelist named Dan Bohi? I am hearing he is doing lots of "signs and wonders" and the altars are filled every nite of ppl getting healed and getting saved, etc. But theres not ANY evidence of video recordings on the internet, and there are a few sound recordings, but the quality isnt very good. However, when i listen to the sound recordings, it doesnt sound like the Holy Spirit at all! Theres no witness of the Spirit when I listen. Yet, it seems like sooo many people, leaders, i talk to are saying such wonderful things are going on.

    Any insight please?

    THANKS!! He seems curiously ablsent from the recordings done at every meeting he is slated to speak at. Everyone else is recorded, but he is not. You can prolly guess where I am thinking here . . .

    Anything at all would be helpful. Theres a lot of sheep going to hurting over this....

  2. #2
    spruce234 Guest

    Default I've been there and he's the real deal

    Dan sells his videos at his campmeetings. I have a list of where he will be and when, as he is somewhere almost every night in the U.S. Dan is not "doing signs and wonders". The Holy Spirit is "doing signs and wonders" and delivered me, personally, from the physical craving of nicotine, one Tuesday morning. The whole place circled around, including Dan, laid hands on, and I put my lighter and smokes on the alter and left them there at about 10:45 am, about 40 days ago or so. I haven't needed any nicotine gum, patches, etc. etc. because the Holy Spirit, not Dan Bohi, delivered me from nicotine withdrawal. And I was a heavy smoker for 16 years. But Dan has become a friend. He freely admits that he is not special, that God has not given him any special power, he just says that the Holy Spirit works and sometimes does miracles at his campmeetings, and sometimes even chooses to use Dan. But the crazy thing, is that I wasn't alone that week. About 11 other people testified to healing. And that isn't all. This is happening all over the U.S., and people are going to the alter like mad to get saved, and sanctified, because they are obeying the Lord. God is at work, and if it isn't of God, it will fail. But it's been going strong for 22 months now. By the way, Dan reads the Bible all the way through once a month. And it's apparent during his 'sermon', or when he just talks. He knows the Bible in and out, through and through.

    I can set you up to receive his emails so you can see his schedule for the remaining time of 2010 and see what pastors are saying about him, if you just <mod edit > PM me.

    Thanks and Lord Bless,
    Steve Spruce
    Last edited by iSong6:3; August 23rd, 2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: removed your email for your safety : )

  3. #3
    MrMannn Guest

    Default

    Rule of thumb. A signs and wonders ministry is pretty much always going to be fraud.
    satan can provide signs and wonders too.

    Caution is best applied in cases like this. Discernment people!

  4. #4
    Christina Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMannn View Post
    Rule of thumb. A signs and wonders ministry is pretty much always going to be fraud.
    satan can provide signs and wonders too.

    Caution is best applied in cases like this. Discernment people!
    It's too bad people don't heed warnings like these. I used to wonder how much of these "signs and wonders" are truely real and the Lord led me to 2 Thessalonians 2:9 and 2 Corinthians 11:14, and make no mistake, satan knows it too. This is why people are flocking to cults and false teachers & messiahs that demonstrate these things. We certainly should not be surprised, when the Bible makes it specifically clear that the devil would be doing such things in these last days.

    Maybe these things are still happening but for me, I avoid teachers that profess these abilities, this way there's no chance of falling for deceit and lies.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the world but not of it
    Posts
    14,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    It's too bad people don't heed warnings like these. I used to wonder how much of these "signs and wonders" are truely real and the Lord led me to 2 Thessalonians 2:9 and 2 Corinthians 11:14, and make no mistake, satan knows it too. This is why people are flocking to cults and false teachers & messiahs that demonstrate these things. We certainly should not be surprised, when the Bible makes it specifically clear that the devil would be doing such things in these last days.

    Maybe these things are still happening but for me, I avoid teachers that profess these abilities, this way there's no chance of falling for deceit and lies.

  6. #6
    GarySGibson Guest

    Bible Dan Bohi

    Dan Bohi is a great man of God. He preaches the scriptures. When he is in a service, the spirit is coming and many people are getting healed by being there. (37 people in one service). Dan doesn't even come and pray for them or even meet/or touch them- they are healed while there. Sometimes God tells him that someone was healed and Dan doesn't know who- but people have spoke up and described broken arms healing during serive, etc. Dan reads through the whole Bible in a short amount of time and preaches the word. He is doing great things all over the country and has been to many states, with his 25 year son, Chad, who will sing at the services. Dan is now booked out about a year and half. Sometimes people will just drive past the church during a service & GOd will tell them to come in. There will be 100's of people at a service and 200 of them will literally run down to the altars, not walk, but run to the altars. THe people do not want to leave and Dan has to ask the to take a potty break and then come back to the service- they do not want to leave- even after hours and hours.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    15

    Default Dan Bohi at M11- Listen and Make Up Your Mind

    The following sermon is from a Nazarene conference this year called M11. It is about 90 minutes long, but if you can stick through it all- or even the first half... well, you can decide for yourself after listening.

    http://www.nazarenemedialibrary.org/...6-ae1f50bee81a

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyRSilva View Post
    The following sermon is from a Nazarene conference this year called M11. It is about 90 minutes long, but if you can stick through it all- or even the first half... well, you can decide for yourself after listening.

    http://www.nazarenemedialibrary.org/...6-ae1f50bee81a
    I listened. Well, I find it disturbing as it sounds typical of the Charismatic movement and the hype for "signs, miracles and wonders." I have attended a number of Bible teachings and prayer services with my Pentecostal friends and they all claim to hear God speaking to them all the time. I would also like to see proof of those thousands of people who have been healed. His sermon consisted of telling of all the miracles, but where was the miracle of Salvation mentioned? What I got from his sermon was that we needed to seek God's glory to get the signs, miracles and wonders period.
    I always get suspicious when people say that God told them something. How can anyone else know that? It seems that by doing that, Dan Bohi has lifted himself up. It sounded to me like he was equating the "Word" in the Bible with the "Word" given personally to him. Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Piqua Ohio
    Posts
    8

    Default

    This guys is bad news. Typical Word Faith. Why would you advertise how often you read through the Bible.
    Trust me if he read through the scriptures he would be able to rightly divide which Dan does not.
    Here is my article on Dan
    {Mod Snip}
    I also listened to Dan from Crossroads Tabernacle July 5 2010. It was so bad I could not bear to listen to the recording at one sitting.
    I contacted my brothers in the Lord Sandy Simpson and Mike Oppenheimer about this guy and we are in agreement about Dan.
    Dan is reading from the NAR playbook whether he realizes or not. Interesting that IHOP is based in Kansas City near Olathe Kansas as well. Just an observation. Dan is from Olathe
    Last edited by Steve53; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Rule 14

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Piqua Ohio
    Posts
    8

    Bible

    PS so many times in discernment ministries like my own they will accuse us of not contacting the individual (ever try to get ahold of Rick Warren?).
    Anyway I did contact Dan by email to make sure the conversation was documented.
    Dan choose to not contact me through his wife who sent a couple nice email's which she asked me not to share.
    I asked very specific questions about what Dan thought about the Emergent Church as well as their false teachers.
    The reason I asked this question is because the Nazarene denomination is overrun with this false teaching at this current time.
    Dan also speaks at Emergent friendly Nazarene churches.
    I asked specifically why Dan did not call out any false teachers.
    Needless to say after the very nice emails I still stand with my thoughts on Dan.
    Dan states in the M11 speech that signs and wonders should be the norm in the churches.
    Scripture teaches differently.
    I also found it disturbing that Dan compared what he does to Benny Hinn in the M11 recording.
    In the Crossroads Tabernacle recording on July 5 2010 Dan very often compares himself to Elijah and even dances around with the idea that a anointed person could control the weather like Elijah did.
    Ive heard this all before from false teachers like Ken and Gloria Copeland.
    Dans fans and followers will defend this guy very passionately I have already heard that thw wrath of God could come down on those who spoke against Gods Prophet and touch not mine anointed.
    I for one think this is very sad and just another testimony of the great falling away and how Christians are being deceived.
    We need to all be good Bereans and check the scriptures to see if what anyone is saying is true. No one should be above scrutinizing through Gods Word

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7

    Default Wow

    You all surprise me. Do you remember how Jesus was regarded when coming into his ministry? How many of you have actually been to and listened (and NOT walked out), Dan speak, with an empty cup? The Holy Spirit will not move in you when your cup is full. Dan's preaching may be a bit repetitive, but how many evangelists are not? Typically they will speak for a "season" as if they're on tour like a band: there's a set playlist.

    Dan Bohi, if you would follow him on Facebook, is leading people to the Lord. Dan Bohi, if you would get your self-righteous indoctrinated skulls out of the sand and listen to his message, is reaching lost people for Christ every day. Dan Bohi listened to the Lord and responded obediently; fulfilling his calling without apparent hesitation.

    Ok, so he claims he reads the Bible once every 13 days. How many of us read successfully through the Bible in one year? Yet, I bet every one of you here wish (including myself) you had the time and discipline to do it. I bet deep down you're all impressed at his knowledge of the Scriptures, but you're all too indignant to acknowledge this southern sounding, overweight, not well-dressed man as "truly" called by God and a credible Nazarene evangelist. So he is not ordained in the Nazarene Church. That could just mean that when he received his calling he didn't want to fulfill a term of full-time service in a local church...God called him to preach and he did! And to the matter on whether or not signs and wonders should be the norm in the church...and how that is disturbing to some of you: ever stop and think that many leaders in the Church (the big one that is) are maybe HUNGRY for the Holy Spirit to fall fresh on them???

    Regardless, keep talking amongst yourselves on your discussion boards. Regardless, keep "grumbling" the way the Jews did in John 6 when they didn't like what the man named Jesus was telling them. Keep it up...perhaps you'll drive this man right out of Nazarene evangelism and he'll go somewhere else. That will be on your shoulders when you meet the Lord, not his.

    Ben Douglas
    Church of the Nazarene
    Licensed Minister (student)
    Indiana

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    You all surprise me.
    Wow is right, we've never met but you've succeeded in judging everyone here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    Do you remember how Jesus was regarded when coming into his ministry?
    Yes, though I was not there, neither was Dan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    How many of you have actually been to and listened (and NOT walked out), Dan speak, with an empty cup? The Holy Spirit will not move in you when your cup is full. Dan's preaching may be a bit repetitive, but how many evangelists are not? Typically they will speak for a "season" as if they're on tour like a band: there's a set playlist.
    On tour is a good way to put it, I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    Dan Bohi, if you would follow him on Facebook, is leading people to the Lord.
    I don't do FB, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    Dan Bohi, if you would get your self-righteous indoctrinated skulls out of the sand and listen to his message, is reaching lost people for Christ every day. Dan Bohi listened to the Lord and responded obediently; fulfilling his calling without apparent hesitation.
    Sorry, I'm too self righteous to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    Ok, so he claims he reads the Bible once every 13 days. How many of us read successfully through the Bible in one year? Yet, I bet every one of you here wish (including myself) you had the time and discipline to do it. I bet deep down you're all impressed at his knowledge of the Scriptures
    That he reads through the bible every 13 days? I'm not impressed, I don't even know why I should be impressed, I don't even know what to think of that, seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    but you're all too indignant to acknowledge this southern sounding, overweight, not well-dressed man as "truly" called by God and a credible Nazarene evangelist.
    Its a little flooring how you seem to think you know all about people here. I don't care if a man is skinny or fat, talks like a genius or an imbecile, dresses like a CEO or a pauper. Really? Does any of that even matter? I would say your thoughts are not my thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    So he is not ordained in the Nazarene Church.
    Ordination in a church means nothing when it comes to the scriptures. It has relevance when it comes to living in this world. It doesn't mean much to me, all things being equal. The Apostles were all relatively "uneduceemated", aside from Paul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    That could just mean that when he received his calling he didn't want to fulfill a term of full-time service in a local church...God called him to preach and he did! And to the matter on whether or not signs and wonders should be the norm in the church...and how that is disturbing to some of you: ever stop and think that many leaders in the Church (the big one that is) are maybe HUNGRY for the Holy Spirit to fall fresh on them???
    I don't even know what to think of your question. I don't need signs and wonders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    Regardless, keep talking amongst yourselves on your discussion boards.
    We will keep proclaiming His soon return, yes..

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    Regardless, keep "grumbling" the way the Jews did in John 6 when they didn't like what the man named Jesus was telling them. Keep it up...perhaps you'll drive this man right out of Nazarene evangelism and he'll go somewhere else. That will be on your shoulders when you meet the Lord, not his.
    What every man does will be on his own shoulders, I'm not worried over you or Dan. I know nothing about you or Dan, but I see you throw judgment around quite easily. If this person is performing these great signs and wonders, prove it. If you desire to fault people for asking you to prove it, we'll wait and see who the Lord says "well done" to, I'm not worried. You being a new member n all, this being your first post n all, I'm not thinking you came here to fellowship with like minded believers. You only appear to be angry and want to judge. What am I to do with that? I guess you'll not return, you've stated your judgment, be happy and well you "told us" a thing or two.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

    Joel 3:2

    I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Holy hoosier- how's that Glass House working out for ya?


    ETA: BTW...are they speaking about JESUS, or a man, named Dan.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NCIS LAND, A.K.A. GIBBSVILLLE
    Posts
    4,586

    Default

    HeIsEnough, nice post!!! We need a "nice" button.
    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

    11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.



    Pre-Flood!
    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks Alaska
    Posts
    14,953

    Default

    I probably read the bible through each year, but I don't keep track. I read in little bits and pieces, sometimes re-reading that little bit and piece several times as I let the Word sink in. I'm not in a hurry to read the Word, but I'm hungry to read it. I don't envy a person who reads through the bible every 13 days, or once a month or whatever it is Dan does. More power to those who do though, and have the Word sink into their innermost beings.

    When I was a young Christian and a young man, a miracle healer (cough) came to town. I went to the first meeting and got so excited that I talked my mom and one of her friends who needed healing into coming on another night. The traveling healer was a charlatan of course, but I didn't understand that for a good while. I did empty my pockets in those meetings when the bags to put your money into went around. I didn't have a hundred dollar bill to earn a spot in line for my friend's mom to go up front to have healing hands laid upon her. I'm one who believes that miracles happen today, but am skeptical of preachers like Dan. I've no knowledge of this Dan myself.
    Tall Timbers

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Northern Nevada
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simplyagape View Post
    and even dances around with the idea that a anointed person could control the weather like Elijah did...

    I have already heard that thw wrath of God could come down on those who spoke against Gods Prophet and touch not mine anointed.
    This type of teaching about "the anointed" shows a lack of understanding of God's Word. In the Old Testament, prophets, priests and kings were anointed with oil to show they were set apart to God. In the New Testament all believers are referred to as anointed (by the Holy Spirit).

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan51 View Post
    This type of teaching about "the anointed" shows a lack of understanding of God's Word. In the Old Testament, prophets, priests and kings were anointed with oil to show they were set apart to God. In the New Testament all believers are referred to as anointed (by the Holy Spirit).
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,568

    Default

    Kinda feel badly for Bohi, with *friends* like Hoosier doing PR duty for him, who needs enemies.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  19. #19

    Default

    I wondered about that, at least three with one post, never to return again. Its like someone had an argument from that place and then they posted here. Listening to what these people are saying, I would have thought it was the 70's all over again. Charismania!
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

    Joel 3:2

    I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I don't envy a person who reads through the bible every 13 days, or once a month or whatever it is Dan does.
    Are they trying to envoke some kind of spiritual jealousy or something?

    I'd tell them to move along, their fake Jedi mind tricks don't work here, but they won't come back.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

    Joel 3:2

    I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •