Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nazarene evangelist Dan Bohi?

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hoosier View Post
    (student)
    From the content of your post, my advise is for you to keep studying some more.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

I believe God is capable of all signs and miracles and that He can gift men to make it happen. There is a lot I don't understand
    in all this though, I admit it. MY concern with Dan is that he is a part (whether a member or not) of a denomination that has and encourages
    labyrinth walks, taking people to Abbeys to practice silence with Catholic monks and encourages teachings from Leonard Sweet and Brian McLaren. The Nazarene Church is taking a very bad turn. I was a member for over 20 years; youth pastor etc. When I found how much emergent teaching was coming into the church I had no choice but to quit. I will stand with Jesus and HIS teaching. Yes, I believe in healing...but this one makes me cautious.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

How many of you have actually been to and listened (and NOT walked out), Dan speak,
    I was spiritually healed of my sins the moment I was saved, I'll wiat for my physical healing for when Christ either calls me home or calls me up. Dan will have nothing to do with it, I am pretty sure of that as it will be nothing that Dan has done on my behalf.

Dan's preaching may be a bit repetitive, but how many evangelists are not? Typically they will speak for a "season" as if they're on tour like a band: there's a set playlist.
    Yep, up on a stage where all there, can see him perform and later claim how great and wonderful Dan is.

Dan Bohi, if you would follow him on Facebook, is leading people to the Lord. Dan Bohi, if you would get your self-righteous indoctrinated skulls out of the sand and listen to his message, is reaching lost people for Christ every day.
    self-righteous indoctrinated skulls

Well again the reply from the Nazarene pastor (no disrespect meant to the individual) just shows the lack of discernment within the Nazarene denomination. And proves the point of the reply that states all the heresy that has infiltrated the denomination. The fans of Dan's will point to the huge altar calls. But hey you can see that kind of response to many altar calls from false teachers such as Benny Hinn. It means nothing since the denomination is not showing any signs of true revival (a return to Gods Word and departure from heresy will always be one of many indicators after the Holy Spirit convicts you of sin at true revival). Plus again to the point of Dan selling himself to churches by bragging how many times he read through the Bible a month.
    Number one this cant be true because Dan (in the sermons I have heard) butchers Gods Word and does not rightly divide this.
    I point this out in my article on Dan here {Mod Snip}
    Most people point out that Dan is such a swell guy. From all Ive seen that is probably true on the surface but Dan is textbook Word of Faith/signs and wonders preacher on all accounts in substance and style.
    And for all those who would say "Did you contact Dan?
    Yes I did have email communication with Dan who choose to speak directly to me through his wife.
    Dan is just one of the many problems within the Nazarene denomination besides their embrace of the false Emergent movement most of all thorough the leadership of General superintendent Jesse Middendorf and Jon Middendorf who even bring new ager Len Sweet to speak with them overseas. They have been pals with Len for quite sometime now. Well you can see the fruit of this from how many people are leaving the denomination and joining bible believing churches. Whats left is truly what false teacher Brian McLaren correctly calls "A new kind of Christian." This new kind of Christian is shown in the Bible in Rev 17. Its called the great Whore.
    Last edited by Steve53; June 2nd, 2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Rule 14

Call it a script; call is a tour; call it a show; call it what you like. I have been delivered from addiction by the Holy Spirit and called to study. I have been in enough Nazarene services/events/gatherings/worships...to know what the Nazarene style is and see that Bohi's method is not welcomed. Yet, from what I heard and what I saw (@M11), perhaps what he brings is truly of God and needed in the Church?

Maybe I read the posts incorrectly and with a chip on my shoulder -- maybe I responded with too much animosity. I am just tired of seeing the Nazarene Church recognize it needs to grow, try to grow, then fade a bit and plateau, then see everybody want to push and reach the lost, then whisper under their breath about the new people. We're losing members in our local churches (some leaving and many dying) as well as our districts, and we need help. I think Bohi has a great effect and is preaching with the Holy Spirit. I hate to see this new style of preaching cautioned by people who have not experienced his preaching and just somewhat write him off as charismatic or other.

Twisty58 says it all, "The Nazarene Church is taking a very bad turn. I was a member for over 20 years; youth pastor etc. When I found how much emergent teaching was coming into the church I had no choice but to quit."

Is the problem that people like Bohi are presenting the Gospel in a way that you don't like, or, is it that the Nazarene Church is adapting to the needs of both the Church and the lost and you simply don't like it? That is a fair question and I think the answer is - within the denomination - overwhelmingly in favor of keeping things "the way they were" and not showing progressive change. Interestingly enough the Church of the Nazarene was actually the Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene until around 1918...but we don't as a Church wish to return to that; do we?

I do look forward to "fellowship" on this site and I apologize if I came out of the gate with "anger."

Ben

I have been in enough Nazarene services/events/gatherings/worships...to know what the Nazarene style is and see that Bohi's method is not welcomed.
    I've been to many different types of services, I don't see the relevance. The Church is not a contest.

Maybe I read the posts incorrectly and with a chip on my shoulder -- maybe I responded with too much animosity. I am just tired of seeing the Nazarene Church recognize it needs to grow, try to grow, then fade a bit and plateau, then see everybody want to push and reach the lost, then whisper under their breath about the new people. We're losing members in our local churches (some leaving and many dying) as well as our districts, and we need help.
    Its likely that is true for many churches, but 'growth' is not a man made thing, nor should anyone get too bent out of shape over it. The true path to growth is pure and complete teaching from the scriptures. If that is not flashy or 'up to date' for someone, they are not seeking the correct reasons, it will be shallow for them, they will likely walk away. Few out there teach prophecy on a regular basis (if at all), it is a major component to full biblical counsel, fulfilling the Lords simple commands to 'keep watch' and to look up at the appropriate time. I think many congregations would do well by having consistent biblical prophecy presented to their people. a good growth model. Signs and wonders is assuredly not the right path as we know what the Lord says about those seeking after signs and wonders.

Is the problem that people like Bohi are presenting the Gospel in a way that you don't like, or, is it that the Nazarene Church is adapting to the needs of both the Church and the lost and you simply don't like it? That is a fair question and I think the answer is - within the denomination - overwhelmingly in favor of keeping things "the way they were" and not showing progressive change. Interestingly enough the Church of the Nazarene was actually the Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene until around 1918...but we don't as a Church wish to return to that; do we?

I do look forward to "fellowship" on this site and I apologize if I came out of the gate with "anger."

Ben
    Its not nostalgia, Ben. That old time religion is needed more and more, not some new method or way to present the gospel. I don't even know how it is possible to present the gospel but in the original way.

You'll notice we do not have any sort of demoninational bent here. Nazerine means as much to me as Baptist, it just doesn't matter. Truth is truth, scripture is scripture.

There is much for you to look at in this forum, purpose driven and seeker friendly threads are a good start. They are here for people to recognize if these things are possibly happening in whomevers church. It is a real phenomonon with real consequences.
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Default Bohi's meetings

The problem is that Bohi is presenting a false gospel one that has to include signs and wonders and that God needs us. Which it typical Word Faith.

This is a direct quote from Dan off his FB page
    "God can do anything he wants if we will let him. All the prayer in the world won't accomplish his purpose without whole hearted cooperation. I want to learn better what God is doing and join in with him. Ive been in prayer all morning and the theme I'm hearing from him is, he's waiting on me .end quote

Holy Laughter, shaking uncontrollably for one hour, slain in the spirit false manifestations have all shown up in Dans meetings by his own admission. Dont take my word for it go to U Tube and put in Dan Bohis name and check it out for yourself.
    Dan also takes the Rodney Howard Browne route in his "Take Another Drink" check out part 8 and 9 of this U tube video (while there still up)
    Dan also promotes false teacher Bill Johnson quotes him directly and then backs up what Bill states by proof texting scripture.
    Forget the fact that Dan in his Crossroads tape from his Ohio meeting Dan spends over 30 minutes talking about what his ministry has done.
    Dan also claims that the Holy Spirit is only operating on one wing in most churches today.
    Dan is a false teacher and I have already been warned not to touch Gods anointed and would perish if I continue to expose Dan.
    All I got to say is bring that witchcraft on because He that is within me is greater than he that is within the world.

Default more Bohi

Here again here are some of Dan Bohi's own words. Again go check this false teaching out for yourself on U Tube.

Here are some of Dan's words:

"The problem with Protestantism is that we keep trying to prove a theory or a doctrine instead of living Jesus. "…

"A big point when dealing with Protestant, the term “sanctification” can be shown, not to be “needs to be shown”, not just “being good”, which in Protestants equals “holiness and sanctification”, but it originally meant “ordained for priesthood”. A priest was someone who ideally inquired of God, to give God’s immediate prophetic word to the people who come consulted with him."

"They also involved in healing. So if you are sanctified and made holy in the biblical sense, not in the Protestants’ sense, you will be commissioned, set apart, sanctified by God to replicate the ministry of Jesus—to introduce the kingdom, the spirit of God in charismatic power, in the gift of Sprint power."

"So the real gospel is the miracle power, the dutumas (Greek word), and the salvation, healing, deliverance, not just being good enough to go to heaven, but be empowered enough to bring heaven to earth." (end of quote)

This folks that Dan is preaching is another jesus and another gospel.
    Not sure why people are not getting this. But then again Nazarenes allowed through their own leadership (mainly GS Jesse Middendorf and equally mislead and Emergent promoter son Jon Middendorf who has his own Emergent church in OKE City titled Kaleo)

That's interesting stuff, for sure; I appreciate you sharing.

I spoke to my pastor last evening about him, and what his thoughts were -- both of us attended the conference in Louisville back in 2011 (M11) and saw him preach. It was a moving experience, for sure, but that's not meant to infer he was a really good preacher or merely entertaining. That is said due to a movement, I felt, of the Holy Spirit in me based on his biblical preaching.

I'm not sure where everyone (here) officially stands regarding the Holy Spirit, but I find the more I discuss Him there is a great divide as to whether people believe in His works manifesting in them as a means of proper baptism/salvation (e.g. SBC, Assembly of God), or whether people believe in the fruit of the Spirit manifesting in their lives as proof of a regenerated life lived in the Spirit...the latter would be along the lines of Wesleyans.

In saying all of this, I will admit that when I saw Dan preach in Louisville, I didn't "hear" the 'signs and wonders' preached, as in, Dan himself proclaiming "he" himself healed the sick; he did and has attributed any healing/saving grace to God alone. He did make mention of a woman who, as he claimed, he called out after sensing she was "sick" and prayed over her. (I doubt this was a Jonas Nightengale tent revival with earpieces and a control room in the bus out back) He then said 2-3 years later, at that same church and a different Revival, she approached him and said at the previous meeting she had cancer and after the prayer service she was completely free of cancer.

Why did he mention this? I don't personally think he was trying to brag. The Bible is very clear as to the power of the Holy Spirit and His ability to heal through the empowerment of the individual, when WE allow Him to work. Therefore, I see nothing wrong or cautious in this quote, "God can do anything he wants if we will let him. All the prayer in the world won't accomplish his purpose without wholehearted cooperation. I want to learn better what God is doing and join in with him. I've been in prayer all morning and the theme I'm hearing from him is, he's waiting on me"...(per your previous post, simplyagape).

Perhaps this is just a theological difference I share with you and others in this thread? Good discussion though. Thanks

Interesting should move to 'quite disturbing'.

That is said due to a movement, I felt, of the Holy Spirit in me based on his biblical preaching.
    Perhaps that is part of the problem, "felt", "feelings", "experiences", none are a substitute for correct doctrine. Some false doctrine has already been claimed, straight from the man himself. That ain't gonna trump feelie wheelies, as you yourself should know that feelings are fickle, they are not to be trusted in that manner.

I'm not sure where everyone (here) officially stands regarding the Holy Spirit, but I find the more I discuss Him there is a great divide as to whether people believe in His works manifesting in them as a means of proper baptism/salvation (e.g. SBC, Assembly of God), or whether people believe in the fruit of the Spirit manifesting in their lives as proof of a regenerated life lived in the Spirit...the latter would be along the lines of Wesleyans.
    Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control. These are the fruit of the Spirit. Healing is not in there, for example.

We are not along the lines of Wesleyans, Calvin or Arminian, we are along the lines of Bereans.

In saying all of this, I will admit that when I saw Dan preach in Louisville, I didn't "hear" the 'signs and wonders' preached, as in, Dan himself proclaiming "he" himself healed the sick; he did and has attributed any healing/saving grace to God alone.
    Not to say the man is a liar, but not hearing something means nothing, actually.

And the man himself is less of a concern, its what the people who are going to see him think, thats the concern. Are they seeking signs and wonders? Does the man provide?

You see, God's warnings to a man guilty of doing those sorts of things are not really warnings, they are more like 'here is your appending doom, its coming'

No, his warnings are to everyday believers, don't seek for signs and wonders, it is wickedness. Why is it wicked? Well, for one, one would be seeking what they can get from God, along the lines of a free meal perhaps, like many were guilty of in the feeding of the 4000 and the 5000. They did not want God, they wanted food. Not to mention that we walk by faith, and signs and wonders were, and did, establish the gospel of Jesus Christ. That gospel tells you to walk by faith, not by sight. The very thing some profess to provide, evidence by sight. Do these people want God, or do they want to be able to live on this earth a couple more years, pain free, disease free, whatever someones motivations could be. If they are not the correct motivations, it is wickedness, and many perhaps don't even know it, the heart truly is wicked, it can easily fool even themselves.

Does this teacher boom these types of warnings?
    Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Out of the mountains and into the Piedmont

Heed the warnings. Be as the Bereans and avoid the signs and wonders.

Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

"Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control. These are the fruit of the Spirit. Healing is not in there, for example."

Re: Point taken. However, the fruit of the Spirit was used an example; that alone does not dismiss the works of the Holy Spirit in the the book of Acts at the hands of His servants (Peter, Paul) or other healings performed by Paul after having received baptism by the Holy Spirit and being commissioned. All of the signs/wonders/miracles...everything the apostles did...points to Jesus, as does (from what I have heard and read) Bohi's preaching.

I'm not trying to pick a fight...I'm trying to understand.

What disappoints me more than anything here is that our theologies are in some ways distancing us from one another; nothing seems to be unifying us for the work of the Kingdom. In saying that, granted, I'm not wavering in my theology, nor do I anticipate anyone else, here, to waver in theirs.

This seems to me to be a case-in-point example as to why it is so easy for atheist activists to pick-apart Christians' views and actions; we're talking about a man of God doing the work he testifies having been called to, with our theology in one hand and a computer in the other. Bohi's "calling" as he testifies was to, "Go, and preach [the Bible] 'till the day you die." That's what he is doing. Having been in a service, I felt the Holy Spirit move in me and thus experienced a moment of revelatory clarity during my prayerful response. This is something I believe was ushered by the Holy Spirit, spoken through His vessel through the Word, and I allowed the Word to yet again permeate deeper in my life. If this is one of the 35 [some] doctrines ardently rejected by Bereans then, again, we are simply at a theological difference and will respectfully disagree with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus is the Way View Post
    His sermon consisted of telling of all the miracles, but where was the miracle of Salvation mentioned?
    This to me is key. Nowhere in the New Testament do we find the apostles' sermons based on the topic of signs and miracles. Preaching was always about who Jesus really is, about repentance, salvation, the cross, the resurrection.

This reminds me of a "revival" meeting I was at once. A group of college kids was traveling the country, preaching the "revival" that had fallen on their Christian campus in another state. They made a stop at the small Christian college I attended. The entire gist of their "preaching" was: "Revival is falling everywhere! Don't you want it to happen here? Can't you feel it? Come forward and be part of it!"

Each of the team took turns speaking, very emotionally and excitedly. There was no biblical reason given as to why such revival might happen, just an attempt to create an emotional response. I had grown up in a solid Bible-teaching church and had never heard anything like this, and I found it disgusting. I was gratified to see that no one fell for this emotion-based religious nonsense--none went forward.

I don't want feely-good religion. I want the Truth. Whenever you see 'signs and wonders' false teachers...you get nothing but pride and carnality hiding in the shadows of that so called church. Dump it like a hot potato and don't look back. Run away.

This is Dans own words
    My question is. Is this the Gospel? Of course not.
    This is Dans quote
    "The problem with Protestantism is that we keep trying to prove a theory or a doctrine instead of living Jesus. "…

"A big point when dealing with Protestant, the term “sanctification” can be shown, not to be “needs to be shown”, not just “being good”, which in Protestants equals “holiness and sanctification”, but it originally meant “ordained for priesthood”. A priest was someone who ideally inquired of God, to give God’s immediate prophetic word to the people who come consulted with him."

"They also involved in healing. So if you are sanctified and made holy in the biblical sense, not in the Protestants’ sense, you will be commissioned, set apart, sanctified by God to replicate the ministry of Jesus—to introduce the kingdom, the spirit of God in charismatic power, in the gift of Sprint power."

"So the real gospel is the miracle power, the dutumas (Greek word), and the salvation, healing, deliverance, not just being good enough to go to heaven, but be empowered enough to bring heaven to earth." (end of quote)

For further research I do endorse Justin Peters (who has Cerebral Palsy).
    He has some of the best video Ive seen exposings Dan and the movement he is part of

Jan51 said, "This to me is key. Nowhere in the New Testament do we find the apostles' sermons based on the topic of signs and miracles. Preaching was always about who Jesus really is, about repentance, salvation, the cross, the resurrection."

Re: Acts 2:22-24 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know— 23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death. 24 But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power."

The basis of this sermon, being that of the miracles, wonders and signs as performed by Jesus Christ while on earth, points to Jesus Christ. This, again, has been (as I have heard) the same basis of Dan's preaching.

All I can say is that when I "felt" the Holy Spirit come upon me and fill me, it didn't just -- POOF -- fill me with godliness; sanctify me; learn me up on the Bible; correct all the wrong actions of my sin-filled life. But, the message of hope and salvation as it was presented me, in my (now) pastor's office, was what it was and I then WENT in obedience and allowed the Word to guide me (for me that was go to schoold and study the Bible...I graduate in 6mos).

How else do you propose presenting the Gospel? The college kids in your example are probably seen after every Christian rock concert, district or regional gathering, vacation Bible school where kids commit to follow Jesus, etc, and presenting the Gospel and allowing for a response is all one can do. That's all Jesus did...few followed and believed while many were - as was already used in an example - just looking for a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyagape View Post
    This is Dans own words
    My question is. Is this the Gospel? Of course not.
    This is Dans quote

For further research I do endorse Justin Peters (who has Cerebral Palsy).
    He has some of the best video Ive seen exposings Dan and the movement he is part of
    I guess I'm not sure what else to say other than "Um, ok, I tend to agree with Dan." ???

I don't see anything here that theologically or biblically speaking sounds out-of-line. Now, I have not heard of or researched Justin Peters, but I'm sure it will be more of what you and most here agree with...I'll look into it, still. Thanks
    Last edited by Holy Hoosier; June 7th, 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo correction

[B]Re: Acts 2:22-24 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know— 23 this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death. 24 But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power."

The basis of this sermon,
    being that of the miracles, wonders and signs as performed by Jesus Christ while on earth, points to Jesus Christ. This, again, has been (as I have heard) the same basis of Dan's preaching.
    You just twisted this quote from Acts.

The college kids in your example are probably seen after every Christian rock concert, district or regional gathering, vacation Bible school where kids commit to follow Jesus, etc, and presenting the Gospel and allowing for a response is all one can do.
    You just twisted my words also.

Word twisters lack credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyagape View Post
    Here again here are some of Dan Bohi's own words. Again go check this false teaching out for yourself on U Tube.

Here are some of Dan's words:

This folks that Dan is preaching is another jesus and another gospel.
    Not sure why people are not getting this. But then again Nazarenes allowed through their own leadership (mainly GS Jesse Middendorf and equally mislead and Emergent promoter son Jon Middendorf who has his own Emergent church in OKE City titled Kaleo)
    Good points.
    Thanks for pointing out these gospel errors.
    People need to understand the charismaniac message of their false gospel is leading church members off the beaten path of Jesus' ministry.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

People keep running to the signs and wonders rather than studying to show themselves approved.People call for experience over faith and many Churches and pastors give it to them in order to increase numbers. These signs and wonders; this holier than thou (*I* read through the Bible every 13 days), this Hollywood television theatrics doesn't get us closer to Jesus. The Word gets us closer. We don't need more of the Holy Spirit, we have Him in His entirety and have since salvation. I honestly don't mean to be disrespectful. I've been dealing with this whole emergent nazarene thing for several years now, with much study and many interviews. This is precisely where the nazarene church is headed and the "upper" leaders are very aware of it and refuse to deal with it.
    1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.