Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1890

Thread: The U.N. "Palestinian" Statehood bid thread *Merged*

Palestinian Authority officially changing its name to Palestine
    The Palestinian Authority is changing its official name to Palestine following Thursday’s overwhelming vote in the UN General Assembly to upgrade the status of the Palestinian mission to that of non-member observer state.

The new name will appear in the letterhead of official forms and documents, and on all government websites, according to Israel Radio.

The Palestinian Communications Ministry will also reportedly petition the International Telecommunication Union and the Universal Postal Union for frequencies and country codes, in a further attempt to capitalize on what the PA views as a de facto recognition of statehood by the international community.

Officials in Ramallah appear to be quickly maneuvering to translate the symbolic recognition by the global body into diplomatic currency.
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/palesti...-to-palestine/

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
    and a light unto my path."

Psalm 119:105

Absolutely! No matter what else is said and how many millions and millions of lies are told, this map represents a visual truth that cannot be denied without looking like a fool and liar. If Americans were more worried about the reality of this map instead of their next latte, going to the mall, watching a bunch of overpaid and pampered sports professionals, listening to worldly music or TV stupidity, or worried about the latest Hollywood gossip the middle east and Israel might be in an entirely different balance to the betterment of Jews, Christians, and the name of our Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    THIS is the map to keep sharing.

The size difference is staggering.

there is a real possibility that Israel will annex Judea & Sumaria(West Bank). War is very possible now.

I read this morning Israel is beginning a new phase of settlement building, some in the West Bank. I had to think Go Israel! I don't know what is going to happen, but this action may well be a prod that starts more military action in the area. I'm continuing to pray for the peace of Jerusalem, that God's will be done and Jesus come. Just watching all this unfold is giving me goosebumps of excitement and anticpation. Any moment now the Lord Jesus may come for us. Keep looking up!

Maranatha!
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Default World embraces Palestine; snubs US, Israel

Its very interesting on how most of the world now is accepting of Palestine and even Europe left Israel hanging. I also saw on CNN this morning that the Euro bailout funds are downgraded. Maybe Europe should have reconsidered deserting Israel.
    Times are changing and this is just another step towards the 7 yr peace treaty with the confirmation of the AC. I really don't see us being here must longer.

WASHINGTON: The United States and its ally Israel were isolated and humiliated on world stage on Thursday after the international community overwhelmingly voted to upgrade Palestine to a non-member observer state in the United Nations.

Canada, Panama, the Czech Republic and four tiny Pacific island states were the only ones in the 193-member UN General Assembly that backed the Washington-Tel Aviv axis in the crushing 9-138 defeat, with 41 abstentions. Allies and friends abandoned the United States and Israel in droves, fracturing a facade of western unity that Washington had long engineered.

India voted for the upgrade in keeping with its long-standing support for the Palestinian cause, showing that its strategic ties with the United States and intense defence cooperation with Israel will hardly inhibit it from making an independent call.

But the real shock for the US and Israel came from Europe, which, with the exception of the Czech Republic, deserted the duo.

France led the European revolt, and it was joined by Germany, Italy, Spain, Norway, and Denmark as the 27-member European Union put behind its historic sympathy for Jewish state in the face of what many see as growing atrocities on the Palestinian people. Such is the change of mood in the international community that even the United States lackeys such as Australia and Singapore abstained, leaving Washington and Tel Aviv isolated.

Philippines, a virtual client state of the US, voted in favour of Palestine.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/17435331.cms
    To Look For His Return Is To Live For His Glory

The United States and its ally Israel were isolated and humiliated on world stage on Thursday
    Guess it depends on one's point of view. Infuriating, yes; humiliating, no - at least not to those of us who stand with Israel.

Silly India, your time would be better spent hugging your cows than speculating on world stage perceptions.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Palestinian Authority officially changing its name to Palestine

How about Hamastan and Fatahland instead of Palestine?

I would LOVE to see the US pull all funding from the UN.

Palestine? Why not New Jordan? Or Anti-Israel? Satan pawns? I'll do up a constitution for them. "We the pawns of Satan and Iran do solemnly swear the sole purpose of our puppet gov't is the destruction of Israel. We will sacrifice our children toward the destruction of Israel. We have no desire towards the pursuit of happiness or peace. We will lie and refuse any negotiation offers. In evil we trust, anti-amen."

Palestinians place signs delineating new state

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsIte...4/Default.aspx

Under a bold headline of "Warning" the signs state in English, Arabic and Hebrew that the visitor is now standing on "illegally occupied land. State of Palestine." Included is the date this new state was internationally recognized - November 29, 2012.

The UN General Assembly vote last month merely upgraded the Palestinian Authority to the status of a non-member observer, and is not legally binding. But the Palestinian Authority has been busy transforming that small achievement into something much larger.
    and to wait for his Son from heaven,
    whom he raised from the dead—Jesus,
    who rescues us from the coming wrath
    1 Thessalonians 1:10

Tsk tsk Abbas to petition international court to stop E1 construction

Que: Sound track of Other Shoe Dropping....

Abbas to petition international court to stop E1 construction

http://www.jns.org/news-briefs/2012/...nstructio.html
    JNS.ORG

(Israel Hayom/Exclusive to JNS.org) Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said on Sunday that his government will have no choice but to turn to the International Court of Justice in The Hague in an attempt to force Israel to stop construction in area E1 between Jerusalem and Maaleh Adumim and to transfer the tax money Israel traditionally has collected for the authority but has withheld since Abbas won U.N. nonmember state recognition on Nov. 29.

Speaking at a conference of Arab League foreign ministers in Doha, Qatar, Abbas said, “This [Israel’s intention to construct housing units in E1] is an illegal move, one which the international community must stop immediately. The move will bring about the end of the two-state vision. Such moves leave us with no choice.”

The upgraded status of “Palestine” as a nonmember state permits PA leaders to apply to UN organizations, such as the international court, for assistance.
    Ya, It'll leave a mark.

Pre-Flood; Pre-Furnace; Pre-Fierce Anger (orgēn)

How is that 'Times Of The Gentiles' working out for you, World?

So what's the court going to do? Issue a "cease and desist" order? Ouch. No teeth whatsoever.
    Carla

And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God’s righteousness, and of the coming judgment. 9 The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in me.

Would the UN send a "security" force to enforce an international court ruling??
    [url]www.valleyviewchurch.org

It's funny how we knew this would happen.

Now that he's got observer status super-powers, watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by NoProvision View Post
    Now that he's got observer status super-powers, watch out!
    Id liken his Super Powers to Aquaman or Daredevil.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

E1 will always be Israels, so Abbas is in LaLa Land to think that this area will ever be part of a Palestinian State. It is good to see Israel stand up for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hootmon View Post
    Id liken his Super Powers to Aquaman or Daredevil.
    He's working his way down to Mickey Mouse.

Israel Thousands of Palestinians march on Hebron checkpoint

At least 2,000 Palestinian protesters marched from the West Bank city of Hebron’s city hall toward an Israeli checkpoint on Friday, as part of demonstrations throughout the territory marking the 25th anniversary of the Hamas terrorist organization.

IDF and Border Police forces were stationed near the checkpoint, which guards the city’s Jewish neighborhoods, in case the protests turned into riots.

In other parts of the West Bank, Palestinian demonstrators attacked Israeli targets.
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/thousan...on-checkpoint/

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
    and a light unto my path."

Psalm 119:105

"The incident came a day after a Border Police officer shot and killed a Palestinian teen who assaulted a guard near the Cave of the Patriarchs in the biblical city with a fake gun, on Wednesday. Seventeen-year-old Mohammed Suleima drew a fake pistol and pressed it against the head of an officer, and another Israeli soldier shot the suspect three times."

This act of drawing a gun, fake or not, and pressing it against another's head, officer or not, is just insanity. Violent and insane ... and then accusing the officer who shot him as doing wrong?

The world is going mad.

It sounds like this teen was on a suicide mission for the purpose of creating more trouble.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.