Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,007 of 1007

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Koalie View Post
    But I wonder...would our fancy generator even work after a solar flare? It's a duel fuel one (propane or gas.) <---- I imagine Trex would know the answer to this.
    A solar flare is different from a nuclear EMP. Only things that are hooked up to outside power or telephone wiring would be in danger. Even if your generator is automatic, the box that switches over to it would protect it, so it would still be good.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
    A solar flare is different from a nuclear EMP. Only things that are hooked up to outside power or telephone wiring would be in danger. Even if your generator is automatic, the box that switches over to it would protect it, so it would still be good.
    That's good to know Rex, thanks. My husband mentioned getting another one to piggyback it to the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Cricket---House of Spies is on my beside table waiting for me to pick it up. Both my husband and mom loved the book.
    Have you read his other books???? They are so good.

Should I start with this one. I have never read any of his works. It is also only $2.99.

The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon Series Book 1)
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

Quote Originally Posted by DMac View Post
    Should I start with this one. I have never read any of his works. It is also only $2.99.

The Kill Artist (Gabriel Allon Series Book 1)
    I did not read the books in order. Some people like to do that but I do not think it is necessary.
    Enjoy them, I could not put them down.

Thanks.
    And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
    Romans 11:6

The Great Quake. It's about the 1964 Alaska earthquake, which is supposed to be the biggest quake ever recorded in North America....about 9.2.

Take one and pass it on!