Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: What are you currently reading?

I just finished a Christian Fantasy series called "Books of the Infinite" by R.J. Larson. I'm expanding out from Christian Fiction/Historical Fiction on account of I've read most everything that is easy to get my hands on. I really enjoyed the Infinite Series so soon will start on a 2nd Infinite series from the same author. All three books in this first series were hard for me to put down.

I'm in the middle of "The Oneness Cycle Series by Rachel Starr Thomson. There are five books in the series. The first two books were pretty good, the 3rd book wasn't as good as the first two... and I've got the last two coming through the library system...

Meanwhile I've got Warrior's Song by Judith Pella from the library, it's the last book in the Lone Star Legacy series. I enjoyed the first two books very much and expect to enjoy Warrior's Song as well.
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

I recently re-read Larry Burkett's Solar Flare (1997 Northfield Publishing), a fascinating novel about how heavy solar-flare activity could knock out power around the world for several months, affecting also food, water, communication, heating, transportation, etc., resulting also in greatly increased gang activity, property destruction, looting and other crimes.

Focusing mainly on the U.S., it addresses how the president, his staff and other influential people deal with the crisis, with many endeavoring to help our citizens and some only interested in self-promotion, even at the expense of many lives.

The government relocates millions of citizens into much safer tent camps in the country where farming and rudimentary infrastructure can be set up (and to help protect the people from the gangs). The main relocation action focuses on one camp. This camp sets up water access, farming, schooling, church, Bible studies, legal structure and security. The book also includes scientific aspects, friendships, romance, media machinations and political intrigue.

BTW, Larry Burkett worked at NASA for several years, all the more reason to enjoy the scientific aspects of the book. For those interested, the below article also describes this type of solar activity. It focuses on an actual solar superstorm that missed the earth by mere days back in 2012 which could conceivably have caused widespread power outages, damages in the trillions and years-long repairs had the earth been in the direct path of the solar storm: https://science.nasa.gov/science-new...jul_superstorm

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

God's Inspiration of the Scriptures, William Kelly - published c.1980 by Central Bible Hammond Trust, London; 602 pages

Originally serialized monthly in "The Bible Treasury" magazine between 1899 and 1903 it was first published together in book form by T. Weston circa 1904. This was one of William Kelly's last books wherein he presents a short synopsis of each Bible Book in both Testaments showing internal evidence supporting the Divine design of the whole Bible. It's an involved study that seems useful even in this day when science so-called is supposedly said to refute claims of the Divine inspiration of Scripture. The book has been frequently reprinted and is still available from certain dealers in hardcover and paperback. Used copies may be found for a small price. (standard disclaimers).

Marvin

I am finally getting to:

Ancient Church Fathers by Ken Johnson.
    Subtitled: What the Disciples of the Apostles Thought.

I plan to do a more detailed "book report" in a few days.
    Walking in The Light of His Word.

Our Covenant God by Kay Arthur found it in a thrift store for .38
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Default books

I'm reading " The three Battlegrounds" by Francis Frangipane, and Footsteps of the Messiah...by Arnold Fruchtembaum...

Also in down time(before bed when mind is exhausted) reading a wolf called Romeo by nick jans

Started "I Exalt You, O God" by Jerry Bridges. It's 31 short chapters to be used as a daily devotional type reading. I am enjoying meditating on the greatness of God. I am soon going to be starting a book with my 5th grader about missionaries to Iran.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Every morning I read The Bible, and every night I read "How to Make a Website." One of these days I hope to read a book just for enjoyment.

Diane
    Diane
    Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Joel Rosenberg's new book, "Without Warning," came out this week, so I got it on kindle yesterday. What a page-turner! Wish I could pass it around on here when I'm done and share with y'all!

I'm currently reading Rosenberg's first book in that series. It's also very good. Got the second on my Kindle too and will get the third as soon as the price drops a little...LOLOL
    Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.