Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The devil is working overtime......

Question The devil is working overtime......

They say in end times, the devil is going nuts and is working overtime because he knows his time is short. They say he will harass born-again Christians even more so in these end times, as we can see our brothers and sisters in Christ seem to be going thru trials more then ever before. I know i am.

My question is....is there scripture to validate all this? Where does it say this?

His Bride Guest

Satan is always at work to defeat the children of God.

The one verse that I thought of was 1 Peter 5:8-9 "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Bur resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world."

Bear in mind that we have been in the end times since the Lord ascended ...

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post

The one verse that I thought of was 1 Peter 5:8-9 "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Bur resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world."
    I've been dealing with that scripture lately myself...Ive been gettin more and more into his word lately..reading more, watching programs on tv, on the net learning more..just overall trying to learn more about the Lord...And Satan has been hitting me left and right, but I believe the word Lets keep praying for each other..
    Maranatha, Lord come get me QUICK/Jesus, I'm sick of this flesh/I'm a mess, I need you/And look forward to glory reveled when I see you...

He's coming back, for a bride in a red veil/You'll see he's still alive/When he cracks the sky like an egg shell...

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post

And Anddra, i guess you're right, thats very true. But do you think even more so now the devil is panicking? Or do we just say this because of the end times signs around us and all the suffereing we endure?
    I mean, is satan freaking out even more so? And giving us Christians all he's got! ..so to speak..
    I mean, it sure feels like it.

His Bride Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha!! View Post
    I've been dealing with that scripture lately myself...Ive been gettin more and more into his word lately..reading more, watching programs on tv, on the net learning more..just overall trying to learn more about the Lord...And Satan has been hitting me left and right, but I believe the word Lets keep praying for each other..
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinklingOfanEye View Post

And Anddra, i guess you're right, thats very true. But do you think even more so now the devil is panicking? Or do we just say this because of the end times signs around us and all the suffereing we endure?
    I mean, is satan freaking out even more so? And giving us Christians all he's got! ..so to speak..
    I mean, it sure feels like it.
    Satan has been seeking to divert believers and destroy our enjoyment from the beginning. I don't think he is necessarily worse now than he ever was. What we are seeing is that the world is becoming increasingly dark and there is perhaps greater pressure on believers to conform to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post
    Satan has been seeking to divert believers and destroy our enjoyment from the beginning. I don't think he is necessarily worse now than he ever was. What we are seeing is that the world is becoming increasingly dark and there is perhaps greater pressure on believers to conform to the world.
    That makes sense.

No kidding, it seems the pressure is really on right now.
    Just hope this means our redemption is near

I think the verse you are looking for is Revelation 12:12 (New International Version)

12Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short."
    Last edited by LoriB; October 17th, 2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks, Lori. That correctly puts it in the context of the tribulation, after the church has been raptured.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriB View Post
    I think the verse you are looking for is Revelation 12:12 (New International Version)

12Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short."
    Ah, okay, there it is! Thank you! Wow, it really does say that.

Ah, okay, there it is! Thank you! Wow, it really does say that.
    Yes, it does, but it is not in relation to the church. It applies to the tribulation period.

My 2 cents?

After 9/11, I heard many pastors describe God allowing that as Him lifting his "protective hand" up off America some. I have thought of that often... things have gotten progressively worse since then but the difference it seems is they have gotten worse "faster". Many turned to Him immediately but it didnt' last long and the churches emptied again down to their regular numbers.

I personally think its a combination of 2 things. No scriptural verse, just using common sense on what I know from His word. I think that God never did put his "protective hand" back down completely over America like it used to be. This country keeps making collectively wrong choices and God will let the country go down that road if we are so determined to do so. I honestly believe that the only reason we have not had another major hit from terrorists is due to the prayers and presence of His saints.

I also believe that there is less fence sitting. People are actively jumping down on the wrong side alot now. Some are still up there and some do make the right decision on the side of the Lord, but not like it used to be. So when the enemy has people jumping into his camp, he has less to worry about and can intensify his destructive activities more on faithful christians. There is a finite number of demons working w/ him and they aren't that stupid. They know whats coming. So they can clearly focus more on the lives of christians. Thus the intensity of evil picking up all around. I hope this is making sense.

The light of the Lord lives in His people, the light is just as bright in the believers, however, it is fewer and farther betweent these lights. Especially since so many christians, got saved and just left their light on at a dim glow. Sure makes it easier for the enemy to see the bright ones who are trying to live their faith and glorify Him. Dont you think?

We are assured of the victory. But this is war and we are in the middle of a raging battle. There is no guarantee we wont get "shot" in the middle of this thing. The key is to not let our wounds keep us down. I, myself, keep repeatedly saying "Lord, can you help me get back up?" and "heal me?".

Im getting nailed like there is no description for. I dont even post it all in here anymore, even my bestfriend doesnt know what to say. So I"m doing my best to hang on and regardless of it all, I just know in my heart, deep down, that I really do love the Lord.

Sorry this is long, ok, not my 2 cents.. more like my 1 dollar..
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

They say in end times, the devil is going nuts and is working overtime because he knows his time is short. They say he will harass born-again Christians even more so in these end times, as we can see our brothers and sisters in Christ seem to be going thru trials more then ever before. I know i am.

My question is....is there scripture to validate all this? Where does it say this?
    The scripture is full of examples of Satan trying to at least throw a wrench in something. As I go through trials, it helps to realize that God has my best interests in mind. His answer is always: Yes, Not Yet, or I've Got Something Better. God knows exactly what we need, better than we do at that. Satan can frustrate us, try to thwart our hope using the element of time, and try to remind us of what Christ forgave us of. We are truly in a spiritual war, and the only real weapons that work are surrender to Christ and a refusal to approach things from a fleshly standpoint. Those are the only ways to achieve peace amidst Satan's relentless attacks on us. It's a day to day thing for many of us, and all we can do is continually turn our minds to God, sometimes by force even.

Pray often, and just keep moving forward. It will not stop until we are raptured. That's one thing I've learned to accept. The attacks will not stop until we are gone.
    One Day Closer

Satan knows That this is the End as described in Gods word.
    And he knows by now that God cannot be defeated.

Satan may think he can cause a reprieve or a delay of several thousand more years if he can
    once again remove Israel from the world.(Hence Islamic rage)
    Or maybe he can slow things down somehow by simply killing large amounts of Jews.
    like in the Holocaust.
    That was a satanic attempt to exterminate the Jewish race to stop the end from happening.

Im sure he saw the flood that way to.
    When God destroyed the earth with the flood , satan saw it as a major victory
    for himself because in the very least he knew it would take thousands of years for the earth to be populated again.
    giving him lots of time to figure out some strategy to defeat God and vindicate himself.

So i do think He is acting out of desperation now that the end has arrived.
    Because he knows he is facing Gods final judgment.
    He knows all to well that Gods punishment against him is going to be horrible and unending and he
    understandably doesn't want to face that.

Rev 12;12 "For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time.

So i do think He is acting out of desperation now that the end has arrived.
    Because he knows he is facing Gods final judgment.
    He knows all to well that Gods punishment against him is going to be horrible and unending and he
    understandably doesn't want to face that.
    It's the 'final judgment' until he's released again after the millennial reign.

In Rev 20:7-8
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

That's a good dollar's worth, sunshine. It's pretty sad when people don't even want to put forth the effort to straddle the fence any more.

As "The Prince of the Power of the Air" it's little wonder that all you have to do to see Satan in action is turn on the "airwave receptors" in your television. The open sewer the media has become is, as Paul said, "So (vile) we cannot speak of what they do here". Yesterday's local news reported citizen outrage over a series of roadside billboards advertising a strip club using an almost-nude dancer and a sexual innuendo. (No action, just outrage). The local bureaucracy immediately hopped on the "freedom of expression" train and pointed out there was nothing they could do.

Our system has already had so many monkey wrenches thrown into it, I have to wonder why Satan and his orcs are compelled to work overtime. You would think they could take six months off, receive vacation cruise prizes, and just enjoy watching what humanity does to itself of its own volition (if their cruise line has TVs in every room).

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    That's a good dollar's worth, sunshine. It's pretty sad when people don't even want to put forth the effort to straddle the fence any more.

As "The Prince of the Power of the Air" it's little wonder that all you have to do to see Satan in action is turn on the "airwave receptors" in your television. The open sewer the media has become is, as Paul said, "So (vile) we cannot speak of what they do here". Yesterday's local news reported citizen outrage over a series of roadside billboards advertising a strip club using an almost-nude dancer and a sexual innuendo. (No action, just outrage). The local bureaucracy immediately hopped on the "freedom of expression" train and pointed out there was nothing they could do.

Our system has already had so many monkey wrenches thrown into it, I have to wonder why Satan and his orcs are compelled to work overtime. You would think they could take six months off, receive vacation cruise prizes, and just enjoy watching what humanity does to itself of its own volition (if their cruise line has TVs in every room).
    Thanks Raphael. I wish he and his demon friends would take a vacation. But you are right. I liken it to a train full of fellow Americans that is headed toward a railroad crossing that goes over a deep valley gorge. Right before the gorge, the track is messed up and if not fixed, the train will derail and go off the cliff. The train is speeding toward the gorge while the railroad workers are working feverishly to fix the track. All the enemy has to do is stop and get rid of the railroad workers and he will succeed. The train will drive off the cliff and destroy itself due to its own momentum and with no other help from the enemy. Its not so difficult to understand that the target on believers backs is for all intense purposes glowing in the dark these days and easy for him to see.
    "Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."Isaiah 40:31

I don't think he is necessarily worse now than he ever was. What we are seeing is that the world is becoming increasingly dark and there is perhaps greater pressure on believers to conform to the world.

He is a master tactician.

I remember thinking, a few years ago, "where did the New Age nonsense go?" And then found out it had crept into the Church through the Emergent Nonsense.

I love this verse describing Satan's end:

Isaiah 14:16 "They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;"

I like looking "narrowly" upon him now.

"I am the Lord,
    your Holy One,
    the creator of Israel,
    your King."

Isaiah 43:15