Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The devil is working overtime......

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
    It's the 'final judgment' until he's released again after the millennial reign.

In Rev 20:7-8
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Well its still the end though is what im saying.
    Their will be no more delay.
    The thousand years and then the the lake of fire being the final form of Gods judgment.
    But it all ties in.
    This is the end.
    In fact the end began 2000 years ago.
    even Paul refereed to his own time as the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Perfect, But Forgiven View Post
    The scripture is full of examples of Satan trying to at least throw a wrench in something. As I go through trials, it helps to realize that God has my best interests in mind. His answer is always: Yes, Not Yet, or I've Got Something Better. God knows exactly what we need, better than we do at that. Satan can frustrate us, try to thwart our hope using the element of time, and try to remind us of what Christ forgave us of. We are truly in a spiritual war, and the only real weapons that work are surrender to Christ and a refusal to approach things from a fleshly standpoint. Those are the only ways to achieve peace amidst Satan's relentless attacks on us. It's a day to day thing for many of us, and all we can do is continually turn our minds to God, sometimes by force even.

Pray often, and just keep moving forward. It will not stop until we are raptured. That's one thing I've learned to accept. The attacks will not stop until we are gone.
    Yes, God is holding us close and providing us with everything we need. It is getting really ugly, but we are to focus on the Lord, so I keep urging myself to do that more with each trial. In the middle of it all, it's like : ( watching a huge car wreck, feeling sick.....going under in some sort of self pity.... WAIT!! I'm supposed to be doing and looking somewhere else, and my life is about holy business, quick, get back to it!!! Be thankful, be humble, in blessed gratitude: look away from the jabbering mouth of evil coming at us all with lies....don't get caught up in any of it. It's a constant call back to our Father's face to get our bearings. The distractions and attacks are what they are (consider the source!), but I want to keep my eyes on Jesus.
    Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 NIV)

NeverTheLess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2777 View Post
    Thanks Raphael. I wish he and his demon friends would take a vacation. But you are right. I liken it to a train full of fellow Americans that is headed toward a railroad crossing that goes over a deep valley gorge. Right before the gorge, the track is messed up and if not fixed, the train will derail and go off the cliff. The train is speeding toward the gorge while the railroad workers are working feverishly to fix the track. All the enemy has to do is stop and get rid of the railroad workers and he will succeed. The train will drive off the cliff and destroy itself due to its own momentum and with no other help from the enemy. Its not so difficult to understand that the target on believers backs is for all intense purposes glowing in the dark these days and easy for him to see.
    It's almost as if Satan as CEO has ordered his demons to focus on R&D because he already has billions of human shareholders to man the cash registers and customer service desks. Even the 'Church of What's Happenin' Now" is cashing in. Satan knows that R&D is critical because this rapidly devolving world gets bored fairly quickly with the mundane, yesterday's types of sin. Just when you think..........................:-(

jblovesJesus Guest

Mad Have you seen KESHAS video Take it Off??

Quote Originally Posted by NeverTheLess View Post
    It's almost as if Satan as CEO has ordered his demons to focus on R&D because he already has billions of human shareholders to man the cash registers and customer service desks. Even the 'Church of What's Happenin' Now" is cashing in. Satan knows that R&D is critical because this rapidly devolving world gets bored fairly quickly with the mundane, yesterday's types of sin. Just when you think..........................:-(
    Her video shows me that the mainstream music industry is following Satans plan as well, it makes me sick

YBIC,
    Johnny B

Rev1:17 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jblovesJesus View Post
    Her video shows me that the mainstream music industry is following Satans plan as well, it makes me sick

YBIC,
    Johnny B
    it isn't just the music industry. look at the TV. All it does is attack the basic beliefs of christianity.

jblovesJesus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rev1:17 View Post
    it isn't just the music industry. look at the TV. All it does is attack the basic beliefs of christianity.
    I totally agree

I think the devil has some plans for us:
    1. Ruin our witness.
    2. Make us rebel against God
    3. Distract us from evangelism and prayer warfare.

I have not hid my light under a bushel, and I know everyone I've encountered has gotten Jesus, one way or another.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2777 View Post
    My 2 cents?

After 9/11, I heard many pastors describe God allowing that as Him lifting his "protective hand" up off America some. I have thought of that often... things have gotten progressively worse since then but the difference it seems is they have gotten worse "faster". Many turned to Him immediately but it didnt' last long and the churches emptied again down to their regular numbers.

I personally think its a combination of 2 things. No scriptural verse, just using common sense on what I know from His word. I think that God never did put his "protective hand" back down completely over America like it used to be. This country keeps making collectively wrong choices and God will let the country go down that road if we are so determined to do so. I honestly believe that the only reason we have not had another major hit from terrorists is due to the prayers and presence of His saints.

I also believe that there is less fence sitting. People are actively jumping down on the wrong side alot now. Some are still up there and some do make the right decision on the side of the Lord, but not like it used to be. So when the enemy has people jumping into his camp, he has less to worry about and can intensify his destructive activities more on faithful christians. There is a finite number of demons working w/ him and they aren't that stupid. They know whats coming. So they can clearly focus more on the lives of christians. Thus the intensity of evil picking up all around. I hope this is making sense.

The light of the Lord lives in His people, the light is just as bright in the believers, however, it is fewer and farther betweent these lights. Especially since so many christians, got saved and just left their light on at a dim glow. Sure makes it easier for the enemy to see the bright ones who are trying to live their faith and glorify Him. Dont you think?

We are assured of the victory. But this is war and we are in the middle of a raging battle. There is no guarantee we wont get "shot" in the middle of this thing. The key is to not let our wounds keep us down. I, myself, keep repeatedly saying "Lord, can you help me get back up?" and "heal me?".

Im getting nailed like there is no description for. I dont even post it all in here anymore, even my bestfriend doesnt know what to say. So I"m doing my best to hang on and regardless of it all, I just know in my heart, deep down, that I really do love the Lord.

Sorry this is long, ok, not my 2 cents.. more like my 1 dollar..
    Sunshine, may God Bless you abundantly, praying for you right now.
    " In the end, all we have is our relationship with Jesus Christ." Nearing Midnight

Behold, HE comes, riding on the clouds , shining like the sun, at the trumpet call.
    Lift your voice, it's the year of Jubilee, And out of Zion's hill, salvation comes !

Yes it seems like the devil is working overtime. On the other hand I stand in awe that everything in the world hasn't fallen to pieces yet. The Lord still has His protective hand over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anddra View Post
    Satan has been seeking to divert believers and destroy our enjoyment from the beginning. I don't think he is necessarily worse now than he ever was. What we are seeing is that the world is becoming increasingly dark and there is perhaps greater pressure on believers to conform to the world.
    The workers from the dark side call it "Food and Circus" and it appears to be working quite well My friend sent me a link today to a youtube video that includes about four current rock and roll stars stating in their lyrics they sold their soul to the devil to get get the fame and fortune the flesh craves.

It's difficult to even watch them flaunt their sin, because the scripture clearly tells each person they must choose either the true, loving and merciful God or the doomed scrawny counterfit
    2day Lord? Then what about tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
    It's the 'final judgment' until he's released again after the millennial reign.

In Rev 20:7-8
    7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    Thats something that always confused me...Why would God release him again to do it all over again?

Will we as saints have to deal with our flesh getting tempted AGAIN?? I'm having a hard enough time fighting it now
    Maranatha, Lord come get me QUICK/Jesus, I'm sick of this flesh/I'm a mess, I need you/And look forward to glory reveled when I see you...

He's coming back, for a bride in a red veil/You'll see he's still alive/When he cracks the sky like an egg shell...

We will already be in the New Jerusalem. Satan is loosed to tempt (and, IMO, bring to justice along with himself) the descendants of those entering the Millenial Kingdom 1,000 years earlier as flesh-and-blood humans. His ignorant army will attack the New Jerusalem, and fire will rain down upon them. The fire will "leave them neither root nor branch". Malachi 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha!! View Post
    Thats something that always confused me...Why would God release him again to do it all over again?
    That i dont know..

Will we as saints have to deal with our flesh getting tempted AGAIN?? (
    Nope. We wont. We wont even HAVE our "flesh" aka as sinful nature.

His Bride Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha!! View Post

Will we as saints have to deal with our flesh getting tempted AGAIN?? I'm having a hard enough time fighting it now
    While Satan is bound for the thousand years, mankind who is alive on Earth will have the choice to follow King Jesus or not. The fact that Satan is not roaming around seeking whom he can devour goes to show us that sin is bound in the heart of man. We sin. We fight temptation from the world, the flesh and the Devil; all three! At that time many will continue to reject Jesus, even though He is seated on the throne in Jerusalem. And it will not be Satan's fault!

When Satan is released, he will gather those in opposition to King Jesus. And he, as well as all of the King's enemies, will lose once and for all.

If you are a saint now, you are part of the Bride. You will be raptured and given a new and glorified body right away. That body will be unable to sin. It will be in its perfect state. You need never worry again about sin, temptation, and the evils of this world. Jesus paid it all for you... once and for all!

worldsworst Guest

Default Why Bother?

Ever since I was a child I've wondered: "Why would Satan even bother to mess with people and steal souls? If he's going to lose in the end (and knows it) then why bother? It doesn't sound like an act with much merit or forethought."

Is there scripture to back up why he'd waste his time taking part in an ultimately fruitless activity?

His Bride Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worldsworst View Post
    Ever since I was a child I've wondered: "Why would Satan even bother to mess with people and steal souls? If he's going to lose in the end (and knows it) then why bother? It doesn't sound like an act with much merit or forethought."

Is there scripture to back up why he'd waste his time taking part in an ultimately fruitless activity?
    It's Pride. Satan knows that he will lose. If he can take away as many souls as he can that have been created in the image of God, then he will.

Just remember, God knows who His children are. He will not let any out of His hand that belong to Him!

Australia in the body,New Jerusalem by faith:)

Default ephesians 6

10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.Eph 6:10

11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

this was written almost 2000 years ago from Paul under the inspiration of THE HOLY SPIRIT....
    The ENEMY tempted Adam and Eve and everyone else since..even Jesus in the days of HIS flesh...and the apostles and now us....
    the ENEMY is ALWAYS doing his dirty job.....
    BUT GOD has decreed that the ENEMY ( satan,the devil,and his friends will END UP IN THE LAKE OF FIRE)....so.....
    • 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
    • 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

I don't know of a specific explanation, but scripture is consistent in demonstrating the absolutely relentless 24-7, no time off, no Caribbean cruise tactics of the Adversary. He hates people because he hates God who made people. He hates Christians because, while we are susceptible to Satan's attacks now, we will ultimately be beyond his reach. He hates Jesus because he got snookered at Calvary by being so proud he thought he had engineered the defeat of Christ, only to find he was un unwitting participant in the plan of salvation. IMO, he and his buddies were partying when Jesus entered Hades to take the keys of hell and death from Satan's hand, preach to the spirits there, and bring the OT saints with him to Heaven, leaving the "paradise" compartment empty.

A one-word answer to your question: pride. Satan, the Heavenly choir leader? wanted to "ascend" to God's throne, take God off it, and be God himself. We are a permanent in-his-face reminder of his eternal and irreversible defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post
    While Satan is bound for the thousand years, mankind who is alive on Earth will have the choice to follow King Jesus or not. The fact that Satan is not roaming around seeking whom he can devour goes to show us that sin is bound in the heart of man. We sin. We fight temptation from the world, the flesh and the Devil; all three! At that time many will continue to reject Jesus, even though He is seated on the throne in Jerusalem. And it will not be Satan's fault!

When Satan is released, he will gather those in opposition to King Jesus. And he, as well as all of the King's enemies, will lose once and for all.

If you are a saint now, you are part of the Bride. You will be raptured and given a new and glorified body right away. That body will be unable to sin. It will be in its perfect state. You need never worry again about sin, temptation, and the evils of this world. Jesus paid it all for you... once and for all!

WOOHOOOOO!!!!

Now I just need the Lord to help me until he comes...It's like in those action movies where the good guy is behind the wall and the bad guys are trying to shoot through the wall to kill him at all cost. The good guy is waiting on reinforcements to arrive, and he's starting to get out numbered...

That's EXACTLY how I feel almost everyday..some days I'm able to dodge the bullets, other days I'm hit..
    Maranatha, Lord come get me QUICK/Jesus, I'm sick of this flesh/I'm a mess, I need you/And look forward to glory reveled when I see you...

He's coming back, for a bride in a red veil/You'll see he's still alive/When he cracks the sky like an egg shell...

Quote Originally Posted by His Bride View Post

Very clear and accurate answer.