Thread: What does "tribulation ten days" mean?

Default What does "tribulation ten days" mean?

Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

I have read that verse many times, but I can't figure out what "tribulation ten days" is. Can anyone explain that?
    "To ignore the Bible is to invite disaster"

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfGod View Post
    Revelation 2:10 "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

I have read that verse many times, but I can't figure out what "tribulation ten days" is. Can anyone explain that?
    Remember that the 7 letters in revelation not only are prophetic they were actually written to those actual churches. It could be an actual event that happened.

Also the title used for Christ for this church is first and last pointing to His eternal existence. It contrast the 10 days. Christ is telling His church that you will be persecuted but it is a short time in relation to eternity, remembering Christ is eternal and was there before the persecution and will be there after so take heart. That the time of persecution is a set time. 10 days. Reassures the church that God is in control.

The time of persecution is appointed by and known to God. It is a set time and He is in control.

pinezoo Guest

Smile

Ten always speaks of deliverence from bondage, as in the exodus. The 10 plagues were given, not only to convince pharoh to let the people go and to show him who the true God is, but to convince the people to trust in God as well. 10 days