Thread: Christians who want to immigrate to Israel?

Tesla Guest

Default Christians who want to immigrate to Israel?

Does anyone know how easy it is for a non-Jewish Christian to immigrate to Israel if say they just decided they wanted to move there and become a citizen? Do they allow that? Assuming they completely support Israel as a Jewish state and all that. I've pretty much decided I don't want to raise a family in the US, given what this country has become. I'm not married yet or anything but I know I want to be and have a family someday so I'm just thinking ahead.

RobertB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Does anyone know how easy it is for a non-Jewish Christian to immigrate to Israel if say they just decided they wanted to move there and become a citizen? Do they allow that? Assuming they completely support Israel as a Jewish state and all that. I've pretty much decided I don't want to raise a family in the US, given what this country has become. I'm not married yet or anything but I know I want to be and have a family someday so I'm just thinking ahead.
    Very, very difficult, if not impossible. If you had demonstrable Jewish connections through philanthropy, notable humanitarian contributions toward/in Israel and Jews, the proper political connections here and in Israel, and were willing to convert to Judaism, you might have a chance. Otherwise, the only possibility would be residency without citizenship, for a reason determined by Israel, or a renewable volunteer or working visa status that would allow temporary residency.

How about Canada, Australia or some tropical island, Tesla?

As RobertB said, it's virtually impossible. The exceptions seem to be some Christian clergy and even in those cases, it's not exactly easy.

There is a problem in Israel now with all the non-Jewish Russians who moved with the Jewish Russians in their extended families - they make up about 1/3 of the Russian immigrants. In fact, the problem is so great that the powers that be are seriously considering changing the Israeli Law of Return to strike out those descended from one proven Jewish grandparent. Interesting to see what happens there.

Some Filipinos and Africans take jobs that Israelis, like here, really don't want, such as private caregivers for the elderly and disabled in someone's family. The laws about doing this work are very, very strict. It's only for a limited time period (I forget now, at most two years?) but if the person dies, you don't get to go on to a second family, you must leave the country, iirc. And Israel is a small country, it's hard to *get lost* there, not like the U.S.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Glory in print Guest

Like the other people said it's near impossible, and to top it off if they find out your a Christian you can forget it... There has been a movement to reject citizenship status for messianic Jews.

NeverTheLess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Immigrating to Israel is a lovely notion and all but between now and Gog Magog I'm afraid you might experience pretty much the same liberal societal bazaar you are watching this country become. Israel is as hard of hearing as we are, if not harder. Virtually the entire West is in moral free fall. With what God will soon do to remedy that, I'm not sure Israel would be the ideal place to think of starting a family. It might be different if you were in fact one of His apples but......

I personally think that fairly soon Israel is going to change radically when the relationship they now share with the US is altered ( no date setting intended). The US will be punished for it and that's why it's hard to see us in prophecy. But Israel will turn back towards their real Protector.

Don't get me wrong, I love Israel and pray daily for the Peace of Jerusalem. Not a day goes by that I don't think about trying to visit for the first time before it's too late. I want to go but have yet to convince either my wife or my Lord. Maybe soon. Maybe before the 70th week begins.............

Tesla Guest

I never had any idea it was so difficult, but it sounds like I can forget about the idea, at least until the Millennium, when it is the most Christian place on earth. iSong made some nice suggestions though

I think you would just add to their problems of not enough housing for their own people. They aren't building settlements for nothing, they need the residences for all the Jews who are returning. IMO this is a supernatural call for Jews only.
    Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.