Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61

Thread: What is the Antichrist's "no desire of women" Daniel 11:37

  1. #1

    Default What is the Antichrist's "no desire of women" Daniel 11:37

    i am reading a book by Jimmy Delong. He was speaking about the part in Revelation where the Anti-Christ will have not interest in women. Could the Anti-Christ be gay? Is that why we are having such a movement to accept the gay way of life, why the catholic churches and other churches are becoming accepting??
    Last edited by Steve53; December 12th, 2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Removed an "s" from Revelation

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Just... here...
    Posts
    14,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingonHisreturn View Post
    ...the Anti-Christ will have not interest in women. Could the Anti-Christ be gay?
    The context is about 'gods' and power. It has nothing to do with sexual preference.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingonHisreturn View Post
    i am reading a book by Jimmy Delong. He was speaking about the part in Revelations where the Anti-Christ will have not interest in women. Could the Anti-Christ be gay? Is that why we are having such a movement to accept the gay way of life, why the catholic churches and other churches are becoming accepting??
    Refresh my memory on which passage in Revelation refers to this.

    I am only aware of the one people use from Daniel, to say that this is so, but I believe they are misunderstanding the phrase from which they ascertain it:

    "Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor 'the desire of women' [a Hebrew idiom referring to "the Messiah"], nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all." - Daniel 11:37

    The context is not about women (or his lack of regard for them... nor his sexual orientation), but about "gods"... He will not regard ANY gods, for he will magnify himself above all.


    Of course, Romans 1 demonstrates the downward spiral of those who "suppress the truth" (that there is a God; the truth that they know), and this includes their being given up "unto vile affections"... and "working that which is unseemly," and "God [giving] them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness..." etc (see context).

    Hope this helps.


    ETA: I see Hootmon beat me to it. I admit I'm a sloooow typist... not to mention, apparently long-winded.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    17,058

    Default

    Gay or not we really don't know. More than likely he will remain a virgin as to lay some claime to false purity - godhood. That he will promote homosexuality is likely as is anything to thumb his nose at God will be the norm.

    The phrase you're talking about: "he will have no regard for the Desire of Women" has other connotations as this phrasiology is referring to the desire of a woman to be the mother of Messiah.

    He will have no regard for Jesus.


    There is a thread about this somewhere. Perhaps it was Jack Kelly article.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  5. #5
    JesusIsLord Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingonHisreturn View Post
    i am reading a book by Jimmy Delong. He was speaking about the part in Revelation where the Anti-Christ will have not interest in women. Could the Anti-Christ be gay? Is that why we are having such a movement to accept the gay way of life, why the catholic churches and other churches are becoming accepting??
    and

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    Refresh my memory on which passage in Revelation refers to this.

    I am only aware of the one people use from Daniel, to say that this is so, but I believe they are misunderstanding the phrase from which they ascertain it:

    "Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor 'the desire of women' [a Hebrew idiom referring to "the Messiah"], nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all." - Daniel 11:37

    The context is not about women (or his lack of regard for them... nor his sexual orientation), but about "gods"... He will not regard ANY gods, for he will magnify himself above all.


    Of course, Romans 1 demonstrates the downward spiral of those who "suppress the truth" (that there is a God; the truth that they know), and this includes their being given up "unto vile affections"... and "working that which is unseemly," and "God [giving] them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness..." etc (see context).

    Hope this helps.


    ETA: I see Hootmon beat me to it. I admit I'm a sloooow typist... not to mention, apparently long-winded.


    Last edited by Steve53; December 12th, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    29,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
    I am only aware of the one people use from Daniel, to say that this is so, but I believe they are misunderstanding the phrase from which they ascertain it:

    "Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor 'the desire of women' [a Hebrew idiom referring to "the Messiah"], nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all." - Daniel 11:37

    The context is not about women (or his lack of regard for them... nor his sexual orientation), but about "gods"... He will not regard ANY gods, for he will magnify himself above all.
    Yes, the Hebrew idiom "desire of women" refers to the Messiah - the Jewish women's desire to be the one counted worthy to bear Him. Turned out to be Mary/Miriam.

    The Amplified Bible makes the Daniel 11 verse clearer:

    37He shall not regard the gods of his fathers or Him [to Whom] women desire [to give birth--the Messiah] or any other god, for he shall magnify himself above all.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

  7. #7
    Lumberjack Guest

    Default ...The Desire of Women!!!

    These are some fascinating answers but all fall short in actually answering the question.

    No, the Antichrist is not a sodomite.

    Lets think in terms of the news. Who in the world denies women's desires or the wishes of women? Who takes away women's rights? Who kills their wives and daughters when suspected of dishonoring the family name? I'm certain the women killed had a strong desire to live, don't you think?

    The AntiChrist is a Muslim. Look at the rest of the prophecy. Think how he honors fortresses. Have you seen some of these Mosques? They are veritable fortresses. They make their women wear burqas, they behead the infidel and so on.

    The feet of Daniel's statue, mixed of clay and iron; the clay is definitely Islam. The Iron it has been suggested that this will again be Germany. I don't know about the iron but the BEAST is definitely Islamic.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    17,058

    Default

    Daniel 11:37-39 (New King James Version)
    37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. 39 Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain.



    This seems to imply the god of the AC will be something new. Islam (claims) to worship the same god as Israel. The same god connected to Jesus. islam may be a conduit, but unlikely the final religion.

    36 “Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.

    Go back one more verse. islam bows to their version of god. They are finatical about him. But the AC lifts himself above ALL gods.

    2 Thessalonians 2:3-5 (New King James Version)
    3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
    5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?


    And this person is going to perform false miracles and put on a smoke and magic show that will convince people that he is god. All people. All religions. And Israel will call him what he is and suffer for it.

    But Jesus is about to let loose.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    ... The Desire of Women!!!

    These are some fascinating answers but all fall short in actually answering the question.

    No, the Antichrist is not a sodomite.

    Lets think in terms of the news. Who in the world denies women's desires or the wishes of women? Who takes away women's rights? Who kills their wives and daughters when suspected of dishonoring the family name? I'm certain the women killed had a strong desire to live, don't you think?

    The AntiChrist is a Muslim. Look at the rest of the prophecy. Think how he honors fortresses. Have you seen some of these Mosques? They are veritable fortresses. They make their women wear burqas, they behead the infidel and so on.

    The feet of Daniel's statue, mixed of clay and iron; the clay is definitely Islam. The Iron it has been suggested that this will again be Germany. I don't know about the iron but the BEAST is definitely Islamic.
    Here's an article by Dr. David Reagan which argues against the idea of an Islamic Antichrist:

    The Antichrist: Will He Be a Muslim? by Dr. David Reagan

    http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_islam4.php




    I also tend to consider what Don Koenig has to say about this idea (of a Muslim Antichrist):

    I think believing that the Antichrist is Muslim can be a big danger and a trap because I believe the real Antichrist comes into power through the wars against Islamic fundamentalism. So those who fall into the trap of making an Islamic Beast might actually help create the platform for the Western Beast Antichrist to stand on and rise to power and take over the world as the world’s savior from Islam.

    I also want to point out something else. Believing that Islam is the Beast system is not at all logical. It is obvious that Islam with all its laws will never be accepted by the decadent West. It is also obvious that any system that unappealing to the West could never take over the world by force. So the logic of a Beast Antichrist out of Islam escapes me. Also, if the Beast were Muslim and his God was Allah why would he demand to be worshiped as God? Those in Islam will never accept the worship of a man claiming to be God. The whole concept of an Islam Antichrist is fantasy.
    I tend to agree (in general, moreso) with this.



    "The Desire of Women" in Daniel 11:37 is a Hebrew idiom referring to "the Messiah" and how the Antichrist will have no regard for Him, "...nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all."
    Last edited by acceptedintheBeloved; November 23rd, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate
    Posts
    17,058

    Default

    It is proper to say islam is of antichrist, for it denies the Son of God.

    But the AC does not have to be islamic.

    Any religion that deines Jesus is of antichrist.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

    John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

    “Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    These are some fascinating answers but all fall short in actually answering the question.
    Actually the previous answers about the relation to this verse and the Messiah coming through a woman did answer the question. It is a different matter if the AC will be Islamic or not.

    Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between here and there.
    Posts
    12,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    These are some fascinating answers but all fall short in actually answering the question.

    No, the Antichrist is not a sodomite.

    Lets think in terms of the news. Who in the world denies women's desires or the wishes of women? Who takes away women's rights? Who kills their wives and daughters when suspected of dishonoring the family name? I'm certain the women killed had a strong desire to live, don't you think?

    The AntiChrist is a Muslim. Look at the rest of the prophecy. Think how he honors fortresses. Have you seen some of these Mosques? They are veritable fortresses. They make their women wear burqas, they behead the infidel and so on.

    The feet of Daniel's statue, mixed of clay and iron; the clay is definitely Islam. The Iron it has been suggested that this will again be Germany. I don't know about the iron but the BEAST is definitely Islamic.
    Interesting hypothesis, but not Biblical.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)


    I'm a Navy mom.

  13. #13
    pinezoo Guest

    Default

    I think Wally hit on something in post #4. I remember what Paul said in 1 Cor. 7:7 and I can see how this man could twist this verse to show a false purity, (coming as an angel of light), it would fit the bill insofar as deception is concerned. But in regards to the antichrist being islamic, read a little further down in Dan 11:37-39. He doesn't "serve" any god but he does "honor" a foreign god, and he "uses" the people who serve this "god" to conquer lands. "and he shall "do" in the most strongholds with a strange god". He also "divides the spoil and land with them. He doesn't have to proclam to be god to the islamists, only to be their "messiah". By the time he claims that, it won't matter, islam, christian, or whatever, you'll either bow to him or die. Spend some time really breaking down this passage and you'll find out that God really loaded it with info.

  14. #14
    MatthewEV Guest

    Default

    The term "antichrist" is only used in 1 John and 2 John, in which it is made clear there are many antichrists; the term encompasses all nonbelievers and deceivers:

    1 John 2:18
    Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

    1 John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

    1 John 4:3
    And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

    2 John 1:7
    For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

    Thus, every Jew, every New Ager, every Hindu, every "humanist", every Muslim is an antichrist. Anyone who says we can ignore the parts of the Bible we don't like, I believe, is also an antichrist.

    The Beast is another matter entirely (Revelation 13). However, the Bible does not ascribe the title "The Antichrist" to the Beast, nor to any individual. I've tried to figure out when the Beast got that title in popular culture, but haven't found anything. Probably something like people reading Paradise Lost and deciding it means Satan is in charge of Hell.

    Maybe someone here knows?

    Sorry, it's one of my very few pet peeves.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    There is a difference between "spirit of the antichrist," "antichrist," and "antichrists" plural. The article "The" is bestowed upon the individual who is possessed and is the false Christ, the one that claims to be god, Thessalonians 2; it is how we differentiate between the ideas.

    Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

  16. #16
    MatthewEV Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kliska View Post
    There is a difference between "spirit of the antichrist," "antichrist," and "antichrists" plural. The article "The" is bestowed upon the individual who is possessed and is the false Christ, the one that claims to be god, Thessalonians 2; it is how we differentiate between the ideas.
    Exactly. By whom was that title bestowed, beginning when? That's what I'm wondering.

    It's not Scriptural; it came later. Catholic church? Reformation?

    I don't know.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Shadowlands
    Posts
    7,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewEV View Post
    Exactly. By whom was that title bestowed, beginning when? That's what I'm wondering.

    It's not Scriptural; it came later. Catholic church? Reformation?

    I don't know.
    It is inline with scripture, for example, "Trinity," and "triune" are not found in scripture either but the concept is taught. "Anti Christ" is indeed found in scripture referring to a man; The Anti-Christ, "The" is added to make it clear what we are referencing, other scripture gives further detail.

    Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the world but not of it
    Posts
    14,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewEV View Post
    The term "antichrist" is only used in 1 John and 2 John, in which it is made clear there are many antichrists; the term encompasses all nonbelievers and deceivers:

    1 John 2:18
    Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

    1 John 2:22
    Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

    1 John 4:3
    And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

    2 John 1:7
    For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

    Thus, every Jew, every New Ager, every Hindu, every "humanist", every Muslim is an antichrist. Anyone who says we can ignore the parts of the Bible we don't like, I believe, is also an antichrist.

    The Beast is another matter entirely (Revelation 13). However, the Bible does not ascribe the title "The Antichrist" to the Beast, nor to any individual. I've tried to figure out when the Beast got that title in popular culture, but haven't found anything. Probably something like people reading Paradise Lost and deciding it means Satan is in charge of Hell.

    Maybe someone here knows?

    Sorry, it's one of my very few pet peeves.
    The NKJV includes the word "the" before Antichrist in 1 John 2:18 to show it is the title of a person.

    Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
    1 John 2:18 (NKJV) [My bold]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    These are some fascinating answers but all fall short in actually answering the question.

    No, the Antichrist is not a sodomite.

    Lets think in terms of the news. Who in the world denies women's desires or the wishes of women? Who takes away women's rights? Who kills their wives and daughters when suspected of dishonoring the family name? I'm certain the women killed had a strong desire to live, don't you think?

    The AntiChrist is a Muslim. Look at the rest of the prophecy. Think how he honors fortresses. Have you seen some of these Mosques? They are veritable fortresses. They make their women wear burqas, they behead the infidel and so on.

    The feet of Daniel's statue, mixed of clay and iron; the clay is definitely Islam. The Iron it has been suggested that this will again be Germany. I don't know about the iron but the BEAST is definitely Islamic.
    The antichrist may have a Middle East lineage, but he will be no Muslim. He will claim himself to be God! Besides, the Psalm 83 and Gog and Magog Wars will judge Islam severely to the point that it will pave the way for the "Mystery Babylon" religion to rise during the first half of the Tribulation before the antichrist destroys that religion too.

  20. #20

    Default Joseph Chamers - Sodomy The nature of the Antichrist

    His article on the front page gave some pretty good information for what i was looking for here...What do you all think..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •