Thread: Gentiles Saved After the Rapture?

Default Gentiles Saved After the Rapture?

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any evidence in Scripture that states Gentiles will be saved after the Rapture. In fact, I see evidence of the contrary. To me it seems that the Rapture is more of a climatic end to the Age of Grace/Church Age which God used to make Israel jealous and return to Him by bringing salvation to the Gentiles (Romans 11:11).

There is also the analogy of Noak's Ark where the door (of salvation from the flood about to come) was shut by the LORD (Genesis 7:16); Romans 11:25 mentioning a "fullness" of the Gentiles; Revelation 10:10 most likely symbolizing the idea of the Rapture is sweet, but once "digesting" what comes after (end of salvation for Gentiles perhaps and wrath of God poured out) that it become sour; and Revelation 7:4-8 showing 144,000 Jewish people saved. Plus, I don't see a reason for God to save Gentiles after the Rapture because God will focus on Israel. I hope I'm wrong because I want my family to be saved.
    because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. -Hebrews 10:14
    "God is the ultimate Heart Surgeon, and He has never lost a patient."

Quote Originally Posted by Callistus View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see any evidence in Scripture that states Gentiles will be saved after the Rapture. In fact, I see evidence of the contrary. To me it seems that the Rapture is more of a climatic end to the Age of Grace/Church Age which God used to make Israel jealous and return to Him by bringing salvation to the Gentiles (Romans 11:11).

There is also the analogy of Noak's Ark where the door (of salvation from the flood about to come) was shut by the LORD (Genesis 7:16); Romans 11:25 mentioning a "fullness" of the Gentiles; Revelation 10:10 most likely symbolizing the idea of the Rapture is sweet, but once "digesting" what comes after (end of salvation for Gentiles perhaps and wrath of God poured out) that it become sour; and Revelation 7:4-8 showing 144,000 Jewish people saved. Plus, I don't see a reason for God to save Gentiles after the Rapture because God will focus on Israel. I hope I'm wrong because I want my family to be saved.

In Revelation 7:9,13-14 it says, "After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
    And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
    And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Also, in Matthew 25:31-34 (the Judgment of the Sheep and Goat Nations [Gentiles], which takes place on the earth, after the tribulation, around the time of His Second Coming), it says, "When the Son of Man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:
    And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
    Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (and then goes on to explain the kinds of things this judgment will be based on). The believing Gentiles will enter the Millennial Kingdom in their natural bodies.

Matthew 24:14 (referring to the time of the tribulation period),"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

Revelation 14:6-7 says, "And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of His judgment is come: and worship Him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

The passage in Romans 11:25, where it mentions "the fulness of the Gentiles" could be referring to the mid-trib point, or even the end of the trib (when Israel will finally "get it"), but is possibly/likely unrelated to the timing of our rapture.

However, then there's 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 to consider... a possibility that (only) those who clearly/definitively rejected the gospel (before our rapture[?]) will be sent a strong delusion (by God Himself), that they should believe the lie ("... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.")

Just some thoughts.

I can't argue against Revelation 7:9-14. It does seem that Gentiles will be saved after the Rapture, which is very encouraging. Thanks!
    because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy. -Hebrews 10:14
    "God is the ultimate Heart Surgeon, and He has never lost a patient."

Romans 11:25 mentioning a "fullness" of the Gentiles; Revelation 10:10 most likely symbolizing the idea of the Rapture is sweet, but once "digesting" what comes after (end of salvation for Gentiles perhaps and wrath of God poured out) that it become sour;
    I believe that the "fullness" of the Gentiles will not be fulfilled (pun intended ) until the end of the Tribulation when corporate Israel recognizes Jesus as Savior:

Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. 11 In that day there shall be a great mourning in Jerusalem, like the mourning at Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 And the land shall mourn, every family by itself: the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; 13 the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of Shimei by itself, and their wives by themselves; 14 all the families that remain, every family by itself, and their wives by themselves.

There were Gentiles saved by their faith in the old testament.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

From this verse I see many people from many nations after Daniel's 70th 7

Zechariah 14:16-19
    16Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

17And it will be that whichever of the families of the earth does not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, there will be no rain on them.

18If the family of Egypt does not go up or enter, then no rain will fall on them; it will be the plague with which the LORD smites the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

19This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Juliebeth Guest

Revelation11:13 At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Them giving glory means they turn to Jesus right?

I,ve thought about this recently. The rapture is the removal of the Holy Spirit from the earth. You can only be saved by the action of the Holy Spirit.
    I might be wrong in this but I believe one can only become a Christian through the prayers of someone on earth. This doesn't have to be someone who knows you.
    After the rapture who is left to pray and witness to anyone?
    Perhaps this is why the two witnesses have to come back from Heaven to witness to the Jews

Christina Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bleatingsheep View Post
    I,ve thought about this recently. The rapture is the removal of the Holy Spirit from the earth. You can only be saved by the action of the Holy Spirit.
    I might be wrong in this but I believe one can only become a Christian through the prayers of someone on earth. This doesn't have to be someone who knows you.
    After the rapture who is left to pray and witness to anyone?
    Perhaps this is why the two witnesses have to come back from Heaven to witness to the Jews
    Can you explain the sentence above, I'm not quite understanding what it is you're saying...

There will be the 2 witnesses, the 144,000 Jewish and the angels, all will witness in the Tribulation. I'm sure there will also be those who had head knowledge who after the Rapture will realize that what they knew was true and will come to repentence, who will also continue to witness.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post

However, then there's 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 to consider... a possibility that (only) those who clearly/definitively rejected the gospel (before our rapture[?]) will be sent a strong delusion (by God Himself), that they should believe the lie ("... because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.")

Just some thoughts.
    That's the part that has always stoped me in my tracks. If a gentile who has been explained the plan of salvation, who has been under conviction at one point, yet rejected Christ, then will he/she be given over to a "strong delusion" that they would not believe the truth? Notice that I did not say could not, but would not. Just as pharoh during Moses time had had his heart hardened and the high priests of Jesus' time on earth loved power and gain, they both refused to see what was right before their eyes. Is the Bible prophecying that while gentiles can be saved, that most won't be because they were lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God?

AMERICA IN DISTRESS

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Can you explain the sentence above, I'm not quite understanding what it is you're saying...

There will be the 2 witnesses, the 144,000 Jewish and the angels, all will witness in the Tribulation. I'm sure there will also be those who had head knowledge who after the Rapture will realize that what they knew was true and will come to repentence, who will also continue to witness.
    Very simply what I meant is a Christian prays for an unbeliever on earth and God responds to that prayer. We become Christians through the prayers of other Christians, but it doesnt have to a Christian who knows you. After the rapture when the Holy Spirit has left earth there will be no spirit filled Christians left to pray for anyone.
    Its just one line of thinking and I am not saying it has to be true

MKLevesque Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bleatingsheep View Post
    Very simply what I meant is a Christian prays for an unbeliever on earth and God responds to that prayer. We become Christians through the prayers of other Christians, but it doesnt have to a Christian who knows you. After the rapture when the Holy Spirit has left earth there will be no spirit filled Christians left to pray for anyone.
    Its just one line of thinking and I am not saying it has to be true
    I believe Romans 10 is very clear on the cause of salvation.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We are not performing our due diligence as believers if we simply pray for unbelievers. It is our mandate to preach the Word of God as it is the hearing of the Word that supernaturally allows faith to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by MKLevesque View Post
    I believe Romans 10 is very clear on the cause of salvation.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We are not performing our due diligence as believers if we simply pray for unbelievers. It is our mandate to preach the Word of God as it is the hearing of the Word that supernaturally allows faith to occur.
    Yes very true, but no one comes to the Lord unless the Spirit draws them. Prayer opens those doors. Ephesians chapter one also makes it clear no one comes to the Lord unless they are choosen by God. I have prayed many times, "Lord please chose ________________" fill in the blank, many times.
    Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

During the tribulation, to be a child of God is to be marked for persecution, starvation unable to buy or sell, and even death by beheading. It will take tremendous faith, courage, and sacrifice during the tribulation to be a christian. It will be a time when the faithful will literally be hunted like animals because of the name of Jesus Christ. There will be some who will endure untill the end during this time. But what I am looking at, and the question I have to ask is this; If someone isn't willing to come to Christ during this age of grace when persecution is very little compared to what it was in Jesus' time and what it shall be during the tribulation, then what makes me think they will be willing to come to Christ when it is going to cost them their head?

If someone isn't willing to live for Jesus, I doubt they will be willing to die for Him.

AMERICA IN DISTRESS

Quote Originally Posted by carlos.c304 View Post
    During the tribulation, to be a child of God is to be marked for persecution, starvation unable to buy or sell, and even death by beheading. It will take tremendous faith, courage, and sacrifice during the tribulation to be a christian. It will be a time when the faithful will literally be hunted like animals because of the name of Jesus Christ. There will be some who will endure untill the end during this time. But what I am looking at, and the question I have to ask is this; If someone isn't willing to come to Christ during this age of grace when persecution is very little compared to what it was in Jesus' time and what it shall be during the tribulation, then what makes me think they will be willing to come to Christ when it is going to cost them their head?

If someone isn't willing to live for Jesus, I doubt they will be willing to die for Him.

Very true, but I think there are many who, when times are relatively easy, are content to allow their thoughts of God to float around somewhere in the recesses of their minds and don’t feel any pressing need to address the issues of ‘where did I come from, why am I here, and where am I going?’ This is foolish, but there it is. Then, suddenly, everything that’s ‘normal’ will crumble away, and even the hardest hearts will be forced to think and choose. I think there will be many people at that time who will finally be honest enough to understand that the Lord was there all the time, and will dearly regret not having run to Him earlier in life. But, becoming utterly convinced now of the truth, they will cling to Him -- knowing that physical death is preferable to eternity in Hell. Sadly, others will continue to lie to themselves, actively reject God, and love the darkness instead of the light.

God is so good that He will still be working to draw souls to Himself right up to the time when they decide whether or not to take the mark and declare their allegiance to the Antichrist. His patience with us is beyond my comprehension!

Interesting thread.

I've often pondered this myself because I have a sister who has walked away from Christ completely (as far as I can tell) since our childhood. We were raised in a Christian home; it was by no means perfect, but we were taught the truth. So I know that she knows the truth about what the Bible says about the end times, Rapture, and tribulation. Yet, in the conversations I've had with her, it seems that she believes in God, but that "god" is not the same as the God of the Bible (she thinks the Bible misrepresnts this "god"). When I've spoken about the apparent nearness of the Rapture, she just says something like, well, I don't think it's going to happen for a long time, people have been saying that for years, etc. (funny how those who don't believe the Bible wind up fulfilling prophecies IN the Bible ("in the last days scoffers with come.... saying "where is the promise of His coming").

I just wonder: if the Rapture happens before she comes back to Christ if she will then realize that what she was taught was really true and come back, or if she would be one of those who would believe the strong delusion because she has not loved the truth.

I just keep praying for the Lord to get her attention and bring her back before His return for us.......