Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christian tracts (I'm a Troll)

nursemom Guest

Default Christian tracts (I'm a Troll)

I study education at a large community college. In the student commons area there are bulletin boards to be used by students for just about any purpose. There are ads for housing and textbooks as well as ads for area churches and church events. I, and some other Christians, put tracts up there as well as on various free spaces (the tops of fire extinguishers, the bathrooms, etc.)

The tracts are always gone in a short amount of time and I assumed that they were taken by genuinely interested parties. Now I think they are taken down by atheists. This is why--

I went to school today and stopped by the bulletin boards to tack up more tracts, as I always do. There were no Christian tracts up but there were atheist tracts. They said things like "God is fake" and {Mod snip}. I took them down, of course, and I'm FURIOUS. It's complete and utter blasphemy. Who would put these up?! Why?! If you don't believe in God why try to trash Him and keep others from His message? It makes me physically ill. I kept them for evidence but I can't stand to even look at them.

What can I do? Can I take these tracts to the Dean? Do I have any recourse? I'm trying hard to pray for discernment but I'm honestly so furious that I'm just spitting mad that someone would do such a thing. I need words of wisdom from wise Christians who are used to dealing with this kind of thing because I'm in over my head.

Jesus Christ will be the final judge of all, all unbelievers and atheists will be judged by Jesus Christ, and they will be punished according to the works they have done. The Bible is very clear that unbelievers are storing up wrath against themselves (Romans 2:5) and that God will “give to each person according to what he has done” (Romans 2:6).
    Romans 14:10-12 says that we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and that each one of us will give an account to God.
    Last edited by Buzzardhut; December 10th, 2010 at 09:01 AM.

2CO 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15 For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16 To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? 17 Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God.
    We are the aroma of death or an unpleasant smell to those who are perishing. So you shouldn't be surprised that your tracts are being torn down or removed by those who are perishing.

First of all you will not get man's justice to sort this out. We are not of this world and it's agenda and really what can the Dean do about it? Post a 24 hour 7 day a week guard on the bulliten boards?

What you should do is go before the Lord. Forgive those who are tearing down your tracts like Jesus said on the Cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". Take some time to think about how to get these tracts into the hands of people rather than just pinning them up on a Board. Pray about it and wait for a while. God will direct you and guide to those who are ready to recieve your tracts.

I have prayed often to share the gospel with people when I can manange to get out of the house. Some days I met up with strangers and just have a conversation about the Lord and the gospel without any effort. However most days despite my prayers and willingingness to share I have NO opportunity to have any kind of conversation that enables me to say anything about God or Jesus or about salvation.

Be prepared, carry your tracts with you and when God oopens an opportunity to you then you can hand the tract to the person you are led to and is open to getting some information on the Lord and salvation.

I know you have been hurt by the vandalism of your tracts. Remember these people are LOST and have no idea what awaits them in eternity nor have any real idea why they do these things here on earth. Forgive and find another way to distribute your tracts.

The land of Dautches, Buhgies, Faschnachts, and Wilbur Dark Chocolate

Taking the tracks of atheists is just returning evil for evil.

In a college format, you need to abide by the rules - everyone gets a fair share on the soapbox.

I might be inclined to put up a two pouch folder - Smoking - Non-Smoking and keep the opposing tracts in the appropriate side..... that would be a good test of their character.

Just a note: Do not place tracts in violation of saftey rules - stay away from fire alarms, extinguishers.....etc.

I suggest you get together with other Christians and
    1) pray
    2) always be prepared to give an answer
    3) random acts of Love

4) Never back down. You may not have an answer at the moment, but you can get one and bring it back.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”

Nursingmom.... understandably you are upset because it appears the Athiests took down your tracts... but in the interest of fairness it's not really ok to take down theirs. It's a public board in a public building. If their tracts are as blasphemous as you say, I'd approach whoever is in charge of the bulletin board and have them deal with it. But be calm about it, explain that they are offensive and say why. But be forewarned, they may either say their tracts are allowed because yours are, (Religious freedom of expression is for everyone) or they may say "no tracts" period. I applaud your willingness to spread the Gospel, but please remember that in a public place, the rules are the same for everyone.

I'd pick my battles wisely, and it doesn't look to me (from what I understand of the situation) like this one is worth fighting. Leave the bulletin board alone and leave your tracts elsewhere.... but like Wally said, the fire extinguishers are probably not a good idea. Washrooms are great, as are sitting areas, you can also stick them in the magazines that get left around.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

nursemom Guest

You have very good points, thank you. It is a public college but it just seems so wrong that such hateful garbage can be put up for anyone to see (and because it's a nontraditional school there are, from time to time, kids there for a few minutes as their parent prints a paper or something). It's so blasphemous.

This is what is wrong with the world today. Our society caters to people like atheists and muslims and Christians are persecuted. I do hope it means that Jesus' return will be soon!

Thank you for your wise words, my friends. I do tend to overly excited in my faith and I need to pray for patience and discernment.

Default I know how you feel

For about 5 years I had to job share with an atheist. We were in the office on opposite days. I couldn't have any religious things on my desk as it offended her. (We shared a desk). She was always doing things to get me into trouble, and she was always taking credit for my work. But I did learn that in my "suffering" (I hate to call it that as there are people actually being tortured for their faith as we speak) I felt closer to God than ever. When you feel hurt because your faith is being attacked, run to Jesus. Seek His shelter and comfort. Remember, the world will hate us. We've been told that this would happen. Consider it an opportunity to share in His suffering and take refuge in His shelter.

Excellent advice given.

I agree, taking down their stuff hurts YOUR witness.

Remember this, the God who created the Universe can make sure the tracts get into the right hands. Also, many publishers have created good tracts specifically for atheists. Grace & Truth has some and are very affordable.

I hand out Bibles & Scripture booklets in bags of candy. I figure maybe half of the "Jesus" actually stays with the original recipient. The rest moves on, into the RIGHT hands. One of my guys had a passenger passing out from low blood sugar, after I had gotten out. He gave her the bag of candy. Helped her twice, physically, and spiritually.

Always be ready to preach the Gospel, in and out of season. Pray for everyone; remember, prayer is one of the most effective weapons we have in the arsenal.

Especially pray for those who come against you, and the future recipients of tracts & testimony.

I have complete strangers walking up to me now and asking for Bibles, even without the sign!

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Nursingmom, do not be discouraged, for that is the will of the enemy. Buy a few rolls of Scotch tape and carry one with you at all times. You can get exclusive, high visibility locations for the tracts (at least for a day) by coming to class 30-60 minutes early, preferably before lunchtime, and develop a route to tape up tracts. Cover all buildings. Some of the best places to tape up/place tracts are listed below.

1. Tape 1-2 tracts to the left, right and bottom frames of the bulletin boards. It's usually the center that gets cluttered.

2. The sides of the trash containers in the cafeteria.

3. The inside of the bathroom stall doors.

4. On the inner doors in the stairwells. The walls in stairwells often work well, too.

5. The sides of the campus newspaper racks. Many already have pockets for inserts.

6. Sit tracts on any chalk board/dry erase board rail except the one at the front of the room.

7. Place on any bulletin board inside the classrooms, even if for "educational purposes only."

8. On the front or side of any classroom podium (except the side facing the door).

9. On the wall beside classroom pencil sharpeners.

10. Near any classroom light switches, if not at the front of the room where they are easily ripped down.

11. Tape a tract to the window frame closest to the front seat in each classroom.

12. Include tracts where you see a display of brochures or bus schedules.

13. Gym, student mailbox and library areas often present unexpected opportunities.

14. Still have pay phones? Tape one up on the back wall that the phone is mounted on.

15. Stuff a tract through the air vents on lockers.

16. Place a tract on just the front seat of each row of seats in classrooms in the morning. You might want to pick up any that have been tossed on the floor at the end of your day. If you keep the janitor happy, you can probably do this once a week without resistance.

A. Limit yourself to only 1 or 2 locations per classroom, lest the janitor remove "the clutter."

B. You will incur a lot of wasted tracts, so watch your budget or perhaps print and fold tracts yourself.

C. Consider forming a bible study on campus. Have a coffee/tea social to interest potential participants. Local churches will enthusiastically offer support.

D. The janitors may be cleaning up most of your tracts. Talk to them. You may be wasting your time in certain areas. Avoid them. Find out which day is clean-up day (Friday?) on which all your tracts will be removed.

E. Last, but not least, claim the campus for the Lord when arriving, and pray that He would blind the students, faculty and staff from all evil (including those atheist tracts). You may be quite surprised at what He does, and greatly encouraged in your faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    Excellent advice given.

I agree, taking down their stuff hurts YOUR witness.

Remember this, the God who created the Universe can make sure the tracts get into the right hands. Also, many publishers have created good tracts specifically for atheists. Grace & Truth has some and are very affordable.

I hand out Bibles & Scripture booklets in bags of candy. I figure maybe half of the "Jesus" actually stays with the original recipient. The rest moves on, into the RIGHT hands. One of my guys had a passenger passing out from low blood sugar, after I had gotten out. He gave her the bag of candy. Helped her twice, physically, and spiritually.

Always be ready to preach the Gospel, in and out of season. Pray for everyone; remember, prayer is one of the most effective weapons we have in the arsenal.

Especially pray for those who come against you, and the future recipients of tracts & testimony.

I have complete strangers walking up to me now and asking for Bibles, even without the sign!
    "I hand out Bibles & Scripture booklets in bags of candy. I figure maybe half of the "Jesus" actually stays with the original recipient."-----I think this might be an answer. If you hand them out, you know where they are going.

AMERICA IN DISTRESS

If there is a library, you can also place tracts within the books themselves. This way they won't often be "discovered" until the borrower gets home with the book, and in the privacy of their own home they might be more inclined to read it.
    I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. (Rev. 3:8,10)

I'm a Navy mom.

I'm a big fan of handing them out directly.

People LOVE them in a zip-top baggie with some candy. I know because I have gotten into the same cab a week or two later, and they still have the tract.

Just pray and ask God to show you; to make you a good vessel to do His will. He will.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

cm4Jesus Guest

I agree with the advice posted above. I also think the fact that their tracts are still on the board is significant in and of itself..at least no one is taking them home to read. I'd leave them up, and next time you notice them there, try to pass by a few hours later and see if they are still there. You could actually mark them with a small ink spot to know for sure if they were taken and replaced or if they are simply just being ignored totally.

Default How Do I Get Right With God?

Answer: In order to get “right” with God, we must first understand what is “wrong.” The answer is sin. “There is no one who does good, not even one” (Psalm 14:3). We have rebelled against God’s commands; we “like sheep, have gone astray” (Isaiah 53:6).

The bad news is that the penalty for sin is death. “The soul who sins is the one who will die” (Ezekiel 18:4). The good news is that a loving God has pursued us in order to bring us salvation. Jesus declared His purpose was “to seek and to save what was lost” (Luke 19:10), and He pronounced His purpose accomplished when He died on the cross with the words, “It is finished!” (John 19:30).

Having a right relationship with God begins with acknowledging your sin. Next comes a humble confession of your sin to God (Isaiah 57:15) and a determination to forsake the sin. “For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved” (Romans 10:10).

This repentance must be accompanied by faith, specifically, faith that Jesus’ sacrificial death and miraculous resurrection qualify Him to be your Savior. “…if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). Many other passages speak of the necessity of faith, such as John 20:27; Acts 16:31; Galatians 2:16; 3:11, 26; and Ephesians 2:8.

Being right with God is a matter of your response to what God has done on your behalf. He sent the Savior, He provided the sacrifice to take away your sin (John 1:29), and He offers you the promise: “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Acts 2:21).

A beautiful illustration of repentance and forgiveness is the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32). The younger son wasted his father’s gift in shameful sin (verse 13). When he acknowledged his wrongdoing, he decided to return home (verse 18). He assumed he would no longer be considered a son (verse 19), but he was wrong. The father loved the returned rebel as much as ever (verse 20). All was forgiven, and a celebration ensued (verse 24). God is good to keep His promises, including the promise to forgive. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18).

If you want to get right with God, here is a sample prayer. Remember, saying this prayer or any other prayer will not save you. It is only trusting in Christ that can save you from sin. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your salvation. "God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

http://www.gotquestions.org/get-right-with-God.html

I'm a Navy mom.

Default How Can I Have Eternal Life?

Answer: The Bible presents a clear path to eternal life. First, we must recognize that we have sinned against God: "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). We have all done things that are displeasing to God, which makes us deserving of punishment. Since all our sins are ultimately against an eternal God, only an eternal punishment is sufficient. "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

However, Jesus Christ, the sinless (1 Peter 2:22), eternal Son of God became a man (John 1:1,14) and died to pay our penalty. "God demonstrates His love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). Jesus Christ died on the cross (John 19:31-42), taking the punishment that we deserve (2 Corinthians 5:21). Three days later He rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), proving His victory over sin and death. "In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead" (1 Peter 1:3).

By faith, we must change our mindset regarding Christ - who He is, what He did, and why - for salvation (Acts 3:19). If we place our faith in Him, trusting His death on the cross to pay for our sins, we will be forgiven and receive the promise of eternal life in heaven. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that anyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). Faith alone in the finished work of Christ on the cross is the only true path to eternal life! "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9).

If you want to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, here is a sample prayer. Remember, saying this prayer or any other prayer will not save you. It is only trusting in Christ that can save you from sin. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your salvation. "God, I know that I have sinned against you and deserve punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

http://www.gotquestions.org/eternal-life.html

I'm a Navy mom.

Home Again Guest

The war against God didn't start with the fall of Adam-it started with the fall of lucifer. This is way bigger than a fight for the soul of men, in fact I am more and more convinced as the days wind down that satan doesn't care less if people go to hell or not. His intentions are to get as much of Gods creation as he can against god and uses such great deception(and a spiteful sidenote that He sends to God is the fact that our loving God has to grieve not only for satan, but also the lost he takes down with him) Those blinded by Atheism (pride) have no chance unless THE HOLY SPIRIT illuminates the deciet and shows them their errors. The very best thing to do is to pray for them- intercede with great greif, courage, and conviction that Gods Spirit would be made manifest to them any way He possibly can. Take up a lamentation for them (see ezekiel 28:12). The time is short-we HAVE to go to battle. get on your knees and fight-don't let satans deciet penetrate your heart and call you to his side because of the lost state of Gods creation that we should be grieved over...not mad at.

Very good point!

Welcome aboard!

I get my Bibles here

Quote Originally Posted by nursingmom View Post
    I study education at a large community college. In the student commons area there are bulletin boards to be used by students for just about any purpose. There are ads for housing and textbooks as well as ads for area churches and church events. I, and some other Christians, put tracts up there as well as on various free spaces (the tops of fire extinguishers, the bathrooms, etc.)

The tracts are always gone in a short amount of time and I assumed that they were taken by genuinely interested parties. Now I think they are taken down by atheists. This is why--

I went to school today and stopped by the bulletin boards to tack up more tracts, as I always do. There were no Christian tracts up but there were atheist tracts. They said things like "God is fake" and {Mod snip}. I took them down, of course, and I'm FURIOUS. It's complete and utter blasphemy. Who would put these up?! Why?! If you don't believe in God why try to trash Him and keep others from His message? It makes me physically ill. I kept them for evidence but I can't stand to even look at them.
    Exactly! You aren't dealing with true atheists. These people are demonic, and hate God. After all, you can't truly hate something that doesn't exist, can you?

nursemom Guest

I'm sorry I haven't been quick to reply, I've been finishing up finals.

I agree that these people are demonic. The semester is now over and I'm going to begin again in January, putting up tracts. Their resistance will fuel me. The Word of God has GOT to get out and I will not let them intimidate me. Everytime I feel down I think that Jesus died on the Cross for ME. He must have been so scared and he did it anyway. I will do whatever it takes to spread HIS message to the people on this campus.

Quote Originally Posted by nursingmom View Post
    I'm sorry I haven't been quick to reply, I've been finishing up finals.

I agree that these people are demonic. The semester is now over and I'm going to begin again in January, putting up tracts. Their resistance will fuel me. The Word of God has GOT to get out and I will not let them intimidate me. Everytime I feel down I think that Jesus died on the Cross for ME. He must have been so scared and he did it anyway. I will do whatever it takes to spread HIS message to the people on this campus.
    Tracts are good and provide the correct information but one on one conversation is the greatest way to go, usually after prayer or meeting a current need, maybe offering a small service such as tutoring or typing, even cleaning a dorm room or washing clothes in exchange for discussion, being an emergency designated driver, just some ideas.....

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
    Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
    Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Remember, your life is a witness.

I have spoken to many of my paratransit drivers, and the Christians are particularly greived by the "Church Ladies" they see on Sundays. They are incredibly hateful to the drivers, then turn all sweet and sugary when they pull into the parking lot. "Have a blessed day!"

That is very damaging. Another lady told me of an impatient person, giving her the finger and honking angrily, as she assisted a very elderly lady "On a walker" past the "First Lady" parking space.

Yup, the pastors wife, gave the driver the finger, for helping an old lady up onto the curb!

If we are headed to the frontlines of spiritual warfare, we HAVE to make sure we are living Godly lives.

To quote one of my favorite authors: When the Holy Spirit is inside a person, everyone will know it.

I get my Bibles here